THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Really wish I could of gotten my hands on either pair of the NRG's love both colorways.  I don't need a bunch of color to appreciate a well designed shoe so black, grey and white are fine with me

I HATE UPS SO MUCH. they are the worst shipping company I have ever dealt with. 9 times this has happened to me on different occasions. Early delivery or not, it seems like theres always problems with them delivering. And the 9 times that happened, 3 times has been delivery to previous addressed or different addresses. One time they lost a package. Twice they charged me customs fees. 

And you know what makes this worse? These were ordered along with the gator king lebrons TOGETHER. They were shipped at the same time and arrived at the same shipping center stops each step. My lebrons were delivered today but my kobes weren't. WTF is up with that? I wish I can choose a different shipping company when I checkout on NDC
All that ranting for what? They will arrive tomorrow and everything will be peachy.

I HATE UPS SO MUCH. they are the worst shipping company I have ever dealt with. 9 times this has happened to me on different occasions. Early delivery or not, it seems like theres always problems with them delivering. And the 9 times that happened, 3 times has been delivery to previous addressed or different addresses. One time they lost a package. Twice they charged me customs fees. 

And you know what makes this worse? These were ordered along with the gator king lebrons TOGETHER. They were shipped at the same time and arrived at the same shipping center stops each step. My lebrons were delivered today but my kobes weren't. WTF is up with that? I wish I can choose a different shipping company when I checkout on NDC
My LeBron XI ASG were supposed to be delivered today, but now its saying the delivery date is unknown because of "adverse weather conditions", but it's 72 degrees in Atlanta, where the package is currently at. Ridiculous 
mean.gif

that's probably half the shipment. If all this was from weather delays don't you think there will be late arriving cases?
Nope it was the whole shipment, those stores never got another shipment of it and it couldn't have been delayed because they received other shipments after and there weren't anymore Kobes. You fail to realize 3 things: 1) these are Kobe elites and not made in the same production numbers as the flagship model Lebron and KD that they slapped the Gumbo theme on. 2)how many stores there are in NYC, so they were just more or less evenly distributed. 3) many pairs and stocks were relocated down to NOLA, not just Kobes, but lebrons and KD's were also sent down to the stores in New Orleans to sell. 

For people having problems with UPS, just sign up for UPSMyChoice. They hold your package for you when it gets in, and the best part is it's free.

They'll even send you alerts to when your items are coming to your address and between certain times, so you don't waste the whole day waiting for your delivery.

Last edited:
what ive heard and read from trainers was that all nba players tape their ankles even if they dont have bad ankles.

My buddy is a trainer for the mystics and wizards, most players tape or wear braces. If they tape they retape at half time. I, like the previous poster, wear braces because I've turned mine enough to know that if I land on someone's foot without braces it means crutches. With braces it means a couple of sore days. Much easier to stomach as a recreational player that plays for fun and fitness.

Part of it is playing style. I jump on my jump shots which can lead to being undercut. Or going up in the lane for a shot or rebound. Plus I've turned my ankles several times so the ligaments are weaker despite having done rehab.

All that said the Kobe 9s are very comfortable with ankle braces and I had no problems with the Kobe 8s with braces either for comparisons sake. I don't think the kobe 9s offer more ankle support though because they are no where near as rigid as braces.

anyone have the masterpiece hoodie? Im thinking of getting it but idk if its worth the money, I could use the bday coupon but I could also get those Jordan 3 powder blue with that money lol

The Detail's cw is so nice, I'm falling more in love with the MP's every time I see them 

after seeing the detail in person at NT Chicago, I was that impressed as to when I first saw pictures of them, I guess its because I was hoping more for a lighter grey, too almost white color,

The marbled sole on the Detail looks funny, like PS'd or something. I really like the simplicity of the black NRG. SMH for making them limited.

All that ranting for what? They will arrive tomorrow and everything will be peachy.
That's the problem, I called them and they told me that they might not even be delivered tomorrow due to "PRIOR weather conditions". I also purposely stayed home all day so I can accept this package. I think anybody would be pissed if UPS told you on the morning of the delivery date that its going to be delivered and its even scanned at your local UPS center ALONG with another package from the same company shipped at the same time. Then they only deliver you one of the package. Which doesn't make any sense because they were both together, how does one of the package all of a sudden experience weather conditions and the other one makes it out for delivery OK. I live in an apartment so they don't leave packages and I usually get off work too late to pick it up. And it was just perfect that I was off today so I decided to stay home to wait for the package.

My LeBron XI ASG were supposed to be delivered today, but now its saying the delivery date is unknown because of "adverse weather conditions", but it's 72 degrees in Atlanta, where the package is currently at. Ridiculous 
mean.gif
Blame mother nature don't blame UPS

Mine are on schedule for tomorrow
happy.gif
UPS is to blame because even if the roads and weather are fine, they will make an excuse that its undeliverable due to weather meanwhile you can see about 15 UPS trucks drive by. One even delivered one of the package to me today, and they had ANOTHER ups truck deliver another package to a neighbor. 
For people having problems with UPS, just sign up for UPSMyChoice. They hold your package for you when it gets in, and the best part is it's free.

They'll even send you alerts to when your items are coming to your address and between certain times, so you don't waste the whole day waiting for your delivery.
I have UPS MyChoice and it's pretty pointless for me. The part is not the tracking or the alerts. All i need to know is when it's suppose to be delivered, i don't care which stops it goes through. As long as UPS tells me its suppose to deliver Tuesday and it better be here Tuesday. MyChoice also charged me for rerouting a package to my job but they still ended up delivering it to my apartment where nobody is home so they left it ACROSS the street at a day care. 

after seeing the detail in person at NT Chicago, I was that impressed as to when I first saw pictures of them, I guess its because I was hoping more for a lighter grey, too almost white color,

Do they come off looking almost brown in person?

Back
Top Bottom