THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

Originally Posted by monstar

biggest waste of time ever. There is nothing innovative about this shoe.its not even completely flywire so its definitely gonna be heavier then its predecessor. Whoever designed this needs help with design. It basically looks like the last shoe but it is lacking innovation. They're deidcating way to much money to Lebron and his brand to put out this garbage.
Flywire does not make shoes light on its own. Remember... Flywire and NFW VII's are exactly the same.

this reminds me of when i was in middle school and the Jordan 13s was coming out and everyone was like of my Gosh there fugly and then when they released them and people got a chance to see them in person they fell inlove, damn NikeTalk all you dudes are going in on there sneakers without even seeing then in person lol, i personally think there look exactly like the beloved 7s but with a different style on the sides. I bet good money that half of the people saying there ugly are going to be the same people you see rockin them in the WDYWT post. SMH

Originally Posted by Zach13g

freshwater
I don't think these are bad at all.  If they make the FlyWire strands a different color too.  I think the shoe has some potential.  I would however have liked to see a completely new design.  They resemble the 7 too much to me and its always hard to follow up a good shoe. 

I'm not minding the design - The OG colorway of these is what I'm kinda SMH at... I just wanna see the execution of the 'official' colorways. Just keep tuning in -- I'm sure someone will have some very insightful posts.

I am interested to see them in other colorways, i like the shoe personally. And i hope they continue the Dunkman theme shoes, even if Lebron changes teams

what...the crap...is that

i did think the 6s were kinda ugly when i first saw them and i eventually copped. but these...oh my god they are nasty. we'll see if they grow on me, but i didnt think the 6s were THIS bad when i first saw them

Originally Posted by bahunt8

VIII's look good.  They have potential.  Like that they went with the type of mesh tongue from the PS VII's and not AM.  Also like the perforation on the medial side.  I would prefer full grain instead of nubuck though.  Also can anyone explain the shape in the heel.  Obviously the tech is air max but that looks very similar to the shape of a zoom air bag.  IDK maybe i'm trippin
Originally Posted by CalibaStresz

1277296380652153290.jpg

Just a guess, cause I really don't know...
But guessing from the shape on the heel and the eye hoops... I'm guessing they signify the #8

Honestly speaking... I like these more than I like the 7s, probably because they look like a shoe Barkley would have wore.

can't wait for the soldier or the PS.

Cannot believe these will be like 160+ too. No new tech or anything really innovative.

I still hate how stiff the vii's were out of the box.

depending on what colors drop, i could see myself copping one pair and one pair only.  i copped 3 pairs of 7s and i'm still trying to buy more, but the pics of the viiis are doing very little for me.  i remember seeing the first pics of the viis and not being able to wait.   

Back
Top Bottom