THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

I like em! Im sure since these are a GS size, they are less detailed than what the adult sizes will be...

Sorry for being gone for so long and thanks to those who posted
new pics. I will def have the 1st pg updated with pics and PS pics
by monday.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

Originally Posted by mynameaintG

i'll be seeing ya'll in the Kobe 6 thread soon. hahahahaha.

roll.gif
 I chuckled..

if Kobe keeps up the crap that he brings out, you will never see me in that thread

!*#????? you dont like the kobe line???? craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

They remind of something they would give Amare. Something from like the Force line.

Actually they did give something similar to Amare. 

Air Total Force Max.  Nice shoe.  Too bad they didn't get enough shine on an NBA court.

2qwkl6o.jpg

Originally Posted by Steve212

4wrestling wrote:

They remind of something they would give Amare. Something from like the Force line.

Air Total Force Max.  Nice shoe.  Too bad they didn't get enough shine on an NBA court.

2qwkl6o.jpg

A key difference however is that these were about $135-140.

For $160, they *should* be bringing more to the table than a plain, or borderline ugly shoe with a few interesting colorways and nothing remarkable in terms of technology.

No, they don't *have to* bring that something extra to the table, but the Air Max VII smacks of complacency on the part of the people who approved, marketed it, and it looks like the VIII is shaping up to repeat that.

Mid cuts, low cuts, soldiers, ambassadors, PS, non-Air Max lows, the Lebron line has become unfocused, diluted, too many shoes, too little innovation for the level and volume at which they're marketing Lebron's shoes.

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by Steve212

4wrestling wrote:

A key difference however is that these were about $135-140.

For $160, they *should* be bringing more to the table than a plain, or borderline ugly shoe with a few interesting colorways and nothing remarkable in terms of technology.

No, they don't *have to* bring that something extra to the table, but the Air Max VII smacks of complacency on the part of the people who approved, marketed it, and it looks like the VIII is shaping up to repeat that.

Mid cuts, low cuts, soldiers, ambassadors, PS, non-Air Max lows, the Lebron line has become unfocused, diluted, too many shoes, too little innovation for the level and volume at which they're marketing Lebron's shoes.

the thing is, they can price these at $200 and no matter how ugly they are, people will still buy the shoe... just because it's a lebron shoe.

those STATS are nice though.

Not feeling it at all.

I loved the look of the VIIs the first time i ever saw them...bought the 1st colorway, but didnt like the feel on court.

Im about 95% sure im passing on these unless some real nice color blocking comes out.

Originally Posted by al3x89

....... people will still buy the shoe...

Agreed, and that's where the complacency comes from. Nike is the only game in town.

The price tag isn't necessarily about them thinking the shoe is worth a certain amount at retail, but about screwing retailers for a little extra.

...and if some shoes get returned to vendor, they just factor that cost back into the next shoe.

They have the market absolutely sown up.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

l Knicks Fresh Knick l wrote:

mynameaintG wrote:

i'll be seeing ya'll in the Kobe 6 thread soon. hahahahaha.

roll.gif
 I chuckled..

if Kobe keeps up the crap that he brings out, you will never see me in that thread

#**????? you dont like the kobe line???? craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazy

I don't like the kobe line.....along with so many others on the east coast.

So ppl don't like his shi* cuz Kobes WestSide?..... Sounds pretty stupid.

When will ppl admit that they just don't like his attitude?.... Lol

no, more people wear them on the west than east... nothing stupid just fact. Has nothing to do with attitude. More so of style... his sneakers are just ugly to me.

The 7 is so good I'm not surprised the 8 is a let down to me, it was a lot to live up to. I guess at least Nike saved me some money for a year until the 9's.

Originally Posted by VAHustler

no, more people wear them on the west than east... nothing stupid just fact. Has nothing to do with attitude. More so of style... his sneakers are just ugly to me.

but damn have u ever tried um on, played ball in um, or just walked in um?? they are so comfortable to ball in.. yea they arent the greatest looking but ball shoes are performance first then style...

i wish nike would get rid of all the big swooshes on their shoes. it would change their sig shoes style drastically.

i like these viii. for some reason they remind me of the pippen 1

I have always said this... If you can accept praise and acclaim, then you should be able to handle a little criticism. With that being said, these are a HUGE step backwards in the Lebron line. Mr. Petrie created the most successful Lebron's ever with the VII's now these VII's are so freaking generic and Un-signature like. They aren't ugly by any means, but they are extremely underwhelming.

BUT at the end of the day Lebron had to approve the final product, so if he likes them, and the shoes are for him, then I need to shut my #*#@$%! mouth.

Here we go again...Same thing every year the pics release, everyone hates but by time September October comes around its a whole new ball game they instantly turn from
indifferent.gif
 to 
pimp.gif

It happened with the V's VI's VII's and now VIII's.  The shoes are not the best shoes ever and looks wise no not the best Lebron's but they are still very nice.  Let's not have another Kobe V people..Everyone and their mom thought that shoe was hideous when the pics first dropped but if I see one more person at the gym with those i'm going to cry

Im just saying

Originally Posted by VAHustler

Kinda hard to determine that the 300% increase in sales/revenue just on the Zk5 was all west coast based... But back to your opinion and " most of the east coast " opnions, it's cool. Some ppl 'll like em, some won't.

Back
Top Bottom