The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

transmission is the best torrent app. and fo the stacks make sure you change the options too sort by name.. new video coming soon too

Originally Posted by slaterSB

transmission is the best torrent app. and fo the stacks make sure you change the options too sort by name.. new video coming soon too
is there a step by step process i could follow for the stacks? it seems to never work for me
ohwell.gif

Took this picture on my Blackberry 8900 on a cruise over the summer, and I just found it on my phone, re-sized on tinypic, does it look distorted to anyone?

91cj7d.png

Thanks

Just recently bought a mbp and i want a set of black icons on my dock.
Anyone have a link to somewhere where i can find them??
Been doing alot of searching and just came up empty.

I just bought a new MBP, I have a couple of questions about it.

I've had to restart it twice since Saturday (2 days ago), is this normal? I was downloading a trial of PS CS4 (1GB) had a couple of programs running, etc.The rainbow circle loading icon was up for a while so I decided to restart it. It has 4GB of ram.

Also I used it/searched the internet/installed new programs as soon as I opened/installed Snow Leopard... will this affect my battery? When I turned it on itwas reading at 6 hours without the plug but I unplugged it again and it calculating a remaining time of 4 hours only a couple of minutes later...

Thanks in advance

Asking for a friend, can you upgrade to Snow Leopard from Tiger? He has the last gen white intel macbook.

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Originally Posted by KneeNoh

How do you guys make those bin icons on your stacks overlay the icons inside the folder? Much appreciation for any help

They're called drawers. Usually .app, but aren't applications. Search Deviantart/google "drawers stacks." Then just drag them into any stack you want.

I dl'd the drawers but for some reason i don't see any items behind the drawers. it's just the drawer itself on the dock.
ohwell.gif

anyone else that could help?
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by RedMan

Quick question do I have to back up my files before I upgrade to snow leopard?

No, but its better to be prepared just in case something goes wrong and your hard drive/installation fails... if you are not doing a full format and reinstallthen you should be ok, but I would still back up regardless.

Asking for a friend, can you upgrade to Snow Leopard from Tiger? He has the last gen white intel macbook.

mac-forums.com is reporting that you can do so, but if you don't have a newer version of iLife/iWork (anything older than '07? Not sure on the date) -those applications may not work. Unfortunately they don't have much more information available at this time, except that yes, it does seem to be possible,although Steve Jobs will not exactly be happy if you do the upgrade without buying the newest versions of iLife/iWork (which comes in the bundled package for$169).

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

Took this picture on my Blackberry 8900 on a cruise over the summer, and I just found it on my phone, re-sized on tinypic, does it look distorted to anyone?

91cj7d.png

Thanks

It looks fine to me, I wish I am able to make my pictures come out like that.

Between snow leopard or something I did updating to 3.2, candybar doesnt work for me now, telling me I have to purchase it again.... Can anyone help me please?

nerd.gif

wink.gif

I've already calibrated my battery when I first bought it about a few days ago and I know calibration should be done every month or so.

I'm always on campus and basically always near an outlet. Is it recommended to use the adapter whenever you can or should I periodically use the batteryfrom time to time?

Originally Posted by RedMan

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

91cj7d.png

Thanks

It looks fine to me, I wish I am able to make my pictures come out like that.

3.2 MP camera with auto-focus on the 8900. Proof that it is nice.

Just installed Snow Leopard, went from 124 gb to 142 gb..damn I thought it was just going to be a 6GB increase its much more than that lol. It doesn't seemto different though just a few minor upgrades

I downloaded Transmission for my torrents but when I put torrents in it just sits there. Am I doing something wrong? It shows the status and everything but itdoesnt go anywhere. I know its not my connection bc it works if I use Frostwire. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

I downloaded Transmission for my torrents but when I put torrents in it just sits there. Am I doing something wrong? It shows the status and everything but it doesnt go anywhere. I know its not my connection bc it works if I use Frostwire. Any suggestions?

Find some with a high number of seeders.

dream5hift wrote:
Did anyone finance their macbook and how much a month?
I'm sure if you go to Apple.com and find the one you want with the specs you want, you will be able to finance off of there and it will tellyou. Or call Apple.

qucik question: Anyone know how to trasfer all the songs from iphone to my new mac w/o putting on a flash drive/dvd's????? What are the good programs thatdo this and how easy is it, any input will help.

How do you guys make those bin icons on your stacks overlay the icons inside the folder? Much appreciation for any help

They're called drawers. Usually .app, but aren't applications. Search Deviantart/google "drawers stacks." Then just drag them into any stack you want.

I dl'd the drawers but for some reason i don't see any items behind the drawers. it's just the drawer itself on the dock.
ohwell.gif
anyone else that could help?
ohwell.gif

1. Change the name of the desired drawer to 00
2. Right click on whichever stacks icon you want to change (downloads or documents). Change "Sort by" to "Name".
3. Drag and drop the desired drawer onto whichever stacks icon you want to change. This should create the desired effect of the items appearing inside thedrawer.

This isn't foolproof, but works. If you download an item (or have a document) with a crazy name like 0, it will overlay the drawer. But that shouldn'thappen often. There is a foolproof way to do it using Terminal (and code) and changing the (download) date of the desired drawer, but I couldn't get it towork.

Originally Posted by jon4rd

Just recently bought a mbp and i want a set of black icons on my dock.
Anyone have a link to somewhere where i can find them??
Been doing alot of searching and just came up empty.
what's up jon
have you tried using the search feature on deviant arts/iconfactory/interlift? i put in "black mac icons" on the deviant arts site and got theresults below

http://www.deviantart.com...=9&q=black+mac+icons

Back
Top Bottom