The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Judas & The Black Messiah was great. I was locked in about 20 minutes in. Had to just sit in silence for a minute after the credits because I was so (expectedly) mad.

7.5/8.

I really dig Zosia Mamet. Ever since she got bent over that couch in GIRLS.
Watching The Flight Attendant(which is 🔥btw) and her character is that show seems like how she’d be irl

Anyone watch CRACK on Netflix yet? Heard it was a raw documentary

giphy-4.gif

my wife watched it apparently its really good but it doesn't seem like anything I don't already know.

I didnt know that women were getting charged with selling drugs just for giving birth while high on crack.

They were allegedly selling crack to their newborns through the umbilical cord.

'Murica 😒

Man props to Tiffany Haddish, i've heard many a comedian, black and white have Tony Woods name in their mouth but not a one put him on like this. Good to see Godfrey too.

Finally got around to watching Uppity: The Willy T. Ribbs Story. This joint was dope.

The stuff he went through not only with fans and opponents but his own team members was wild.

am I the only one that was disappointed with Ma Rainey?? Didnt realize it was literally about a couple of days in her life.

One Night in Miami was a good movie. I didnt care for the Muhammad Ali portrayal at all. Malcom was ok but dude from Godfather of Harlem was much better imo. Sam Cooke was good but Aldis Hodge absolutely killed it as Jim Brown. His voice and mannerisms were spot on. Shame what Jim Brown turned into at this late stage in his life.

Damn American Skin was so good. Emotional as hell but good. Felt like my son got even more perspective after watching it.

One Night in Miami was a good movie. I didnt care for the Muhammad Ali portrayal at all. Malcom was ok but dude from Godfather of Harlem was much better imo. Sam Cooke was good but Aldis Hodge absolutely killed it as Jim Brown. His voice and mannerisms were spot on. Shame what Jim Brown turned into at this late stage in his life.

I really liked this movie I'm glad I gave it a second chance cause I tried to watch it earlier and got bored. Sam Cooke and Malcolm interactions in the movie did it for me.

Back
Top Bottom