The Official NFL Off-Season Thread - Tony Gonzalez traded to the Falcons

Originally Posted by Bush Man 2002

I heard Carolina has thrown there name in the hat in teams tryin to get T.O.
Steve Smith and TO?
eek.gif
sick.gif

I would take either Marvin or Holt on my team in a second to teach Teddy Ginn, but thank God we have Parcells to keep TO away from us.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by piczon1983

I live in VA and one of my boys just heard on the radio that Dan Snyder is apparently flying T.O out to DC today. If this is true, smh @ the ********.
Originally Posted by Al3xis

Cowherd just reported the ******** have NO interest.
Conflicting rumors...anybody know which one is correct?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by piczon1983

I live in VA and one of my boys just heard on the radio that Dan Snyder is apparently flying T.O out to DC today. If this is true, smh @ the ********.
Originally Posted by Al3xis

Cowherd just reported the ******** have NO interest.
Conflicting rumors...anybody know which one is correct?

There's no interest....here's the article from the *******swebsite.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

Ravens?
hell no. they already released a statement saying they are in no way interested.

speaking of the Ravens, Matt Stover is gone. don't have a link, but he was on the radio here earlier talking aboutit. sad that the Ravens let him go, because he was one of our team icons for so many years. but he is 41 years old, and while still one of the most clutchkickers of all time, he just can't kick 50-yarders anymore. he was also becoming a liability on kickoffs. even with the wind at his back, i can'tremember seeing him kick a touchback all of this past year. so it is time to move on and find a fresh new leg.

thanks for the memories, Matt. certainly one of the greatest Ravens of all time.
pimp.gif

Apparently the Titans and the Raiders are the only ones with interest..

I'm actually surprised that the Titans have interest. I know that they have had WR issues for about 7-8 years now, but he doesn't seem like someone whowould fit the Titans "image" I guess. My best guess is that the Raiders will make a run at him..giving Russell a quality receiver and seeing what hecan do with him.

« Lynch pleads guilty to gun charge in California

Jones: Williams a 'significant factor' in release of T.O. »

[h2]Patriots reach agreement with free-agent CB Springs[/h2]

Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Shawn Springs

Continuing to use the salary-cap space freed up by the Matt Cassel trade, the Patriots reached an agreement with former ******** cornerback Shawn Springs on Thursday.

Within the past week, Springs visited Philadelphia, where the Eagles wanted to use him at safety, and New England, where the Patriots would like to use him as a veteran cornerback. Ultimately, Springs opted for the Patriots, and he is expected to sign later today.

damn safety is at huge need for the Eagles now. Dawkins going to Denver, that bum Sean Considine going to Jacksonville., and Springs just left Philly withouta contract. Both Quintins (Demps and Mikell) are the only safeties left on the Eagles roster. Sean Jones of Cleveland is supposed to make a visit Friday. It's good to see the Eagles stockpiling picks for the draft, though.
pimp.gif

on a side note, LJ Smith has visited with the Falcons earlier today.

If the Bears don't sign Torry Holt.......i swear I'll do bad things to Halas Hall.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
GB.gif
[/td] [td] Anthony Smith-DB- Packers[/td] [td]Mar. 6 - 7:52 pm et[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
right_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif

Packers agreed to terms with S Anthony Smith on an undisclosed contract.

Smith will back up starters Nick Collins and Atari Bigby, both of whom are slated to hit unrestricted free agency after next season. Smith has starter level talent and experience, but he's also been a bit of a headcase. He will be reunited with new Packers safeties coach Darren Perry.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Updating a previous item, ESPN.com reports Philadelphia Eagles S Sean Jones signed a one-year deal worth $3 million.
Updating a previous item, John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports Dallas Cowboys DL Igor Olshansky agreed to a four-year deal worth $18 million that included $8 million in guarantees, according to a source.

http://www.kffl.com/link/173
Jim Wyatt, of The Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans are interested in pursuing tampering charges against the Washington ********, who agreed to terms with DL Albert Haynesworth just five hours into the NFL's free agency period. It remains to be seen whether the Titans will be able to come up with enough evidence against the ******** to make a good case to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell. When asked if the ******** tampered, Haynesworth said, "I don't think so. Yeah, (agent) Chad (Speck) told me he met with the ******** at the combine, but they were talking about Malcolm (Kelly) and how he could become the next Andre Johnson and stuff like that. … All I know is the ******** called my agent at 11:04 Nashville time and they started negotiating then. They weren't anywhere close in the first couple of hours and then they got serious. Chad worked the deal then and it worked out." Earlier this week the Titans didn't rule out the possibility of pursuing tampering charges against the ********. "We were interested in signing Albert," general manager Mike Reinfeldt said. "It's always something we can address with the league.''
Kevin Acee, of the San Diego Union-Tribune, reports it appears the San Diego Chargers have given RB LaDainian Tomlinson their final contract offer and it is now up to him to decide if he wants to stay in San Diego and play for less money. Information on this situation has been limited, so it is tough to speculate what type of deal Tomlinson has been offered. According to his mother, who spoke on 1090-AM Thursday, March 5, it is not promising that Tomlinson will remain in San Diego.

Looks like Buffalo could be the new home for Owens.

[h1]Owens making free-agent visit to Bills[/h1]
[h2]by Jay Glazer and Alex Marvez, FOXSports.com[/h2]

add this RSS blog email print

Updated: March 7, 2009, 4:43 PM EST
6 comments

Terrell Owens has shuffled off to Buffalo for a free-agent visit.

[h3]More on T.O.[/h3]​
[table][tr][td]
9298294_51_1.jpg
Court him: Who wouldn't want a guy who puts up monster stats and just wins, baby? Kevin Hench is T.O.'s attorney - and his client has a case.
9295794_51_1.jpg
Jock-strap diva: You can warn them, but they won't listen. Some foolish owner will make it rain on T.O. like a reformed stripper, Jason Whitlock says.
9294766_51_1.jpg
Photos: Terrell Owens makes headlines anywhere he goes. Check out what T.O. has done through the years.
9294142_51_1.jpg
Video: Jay Glazer gives his take on the Dallas drama.

9111866_51_1.jpg
WhatIfSports.com: Would Cowboys do better without T.O.? Find out now. [/td] [/tr][/table]

A source told FOXSports.com that the controversial wide receiver is meeting today with Bills officials at team headquarters. Another source told FOXSports.com that Owens believes Buffalo will be offering a one-year contract.

Owens, who is expected to leave tonight, has called friends with ties to the team to ask questions about the franchise and Buffalo community, a source said.

Buffalo's media relations staff didn't reply to an inquiry made Friday about the team's interest in Owens, who became a free agent Thursday following his release by Dallas.

In an email sent to FOXSports.com on Friday morning, agent Drew Rosenhaus said there are "several teams" interested in Owens and he expects "to have a deal in place by the end of next week if not sooner." Rosenhaus declined to name the interested parties.

While his prior stints in Dallas, Philadelphia and San Francisco all ended badly, Owens would be a major upgrade for a Bills team seeking more offensive firepower. Buffalo already was rebuffed earlier this offseason in attempts to sign wide receiver Laveranues Coles (Cincinnati) and running backs Fred Taylor (New England) and Kevin Jones (Chicago).

There also is the possibility running back Marshawn Lynch - Buffalo's top rusher and third-leading receiver in 2008 - will be suspended by the NFL for the start of this season following his recent guilty plea to a misdemeanor weapons charge.

Owens finished last season with more catches (69), receiving yards (1,052) and touchdowns (10) than any player on the Bills roster. In Buffalo, Owens could draw double-teams away from Lee Evans, who in the past two seasons hasn't come close to matching his 82-catch campaign from 2006.

laugh.gif
He gonna rip Trent Edwards to shreds...

T.O. and Marshawn would be a riot though...

Back
Top Bottom