The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Since 2002? Well then you're obviously an expert, I've only been wearing them since 1990! Glad you clarified, because it definitely seemed like you were talking out your *** and confusing your (bad and wrong) opinion with facts.
The disciple was asked for his opinion not for factchecking . he gave it.
end of story.
I really don't understand the fuss and fight

no shade - illustrayt illustrayt does some cool stuff - but I do remember being genuinely pi**ed when they put a volt sole on the Air Max Day 3.26... we hadn't had a decent retro in time and they did that lol. Anniversaries made up for it x10, albeit 3 yrs later. Still would've had the dark age shape so wouldn't have made the drop that much better but still.. one of Nikes big Air Max fails.. alongside the honey monster safari retro.

Air Max Lunar.jpg

Air Max Lunar 1 Rendering.jpg

I saved this image back in 2010 on AMD. Nike Lunarlite (then becoming Lunarlon later in the decade) was at its peak at this time. Nike designed most of their Lunar model cws by highlighting the whole sole with a bold color (VOLT). It seems the colorway designer(s) wanted to blend the technologies together visually by highlighting the sole on the AM1 just like they did for Lunarlite.

I actually liked the idea (AMD AM1 2014) from the get-go. It was just the shape and a few details that I really didn’t like, which ultimately became the dealbreaker.

These soleswaps (by GOVRN) really opened a new can of worms. You can literally take any shoe (if compatible) and design how you see fit. I had doubles of those AM swaps posted, so I went for the idea. They both turned out AMazing to me lol

Last edited:
Will the infrareds be the same material shape as the recent volts, total oranges? Hoping for more quality.

Will the infrareds be the same material shape as the recent volts, total oranges? Hoping for more quality.

We can assume they won't be the subpar quality of the NON-OG colorways that released earlier this year. The ones AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE has been detailing. :lol:

As with the OG colorways that have released: Eggplants, Laser Blues, Concords...we can expect the Infrareds to be of the same higher quality/forefoot-air, etc. The pics so far show the same orange/OG box so that's a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom