The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

20211203_081816~2.jpg

Surplus getting foot time now that we're getting wetter weather.

Are Bacons as comfortable as the recrafts when it comes to cushioning? My Velvet Browns and my IDs aren't as comfortable as the recrafts and was wondering if Bacons are the same. Contemplating whether I should pick up Bacons for $130.

20211203_081816~2.jpg

Surplus getting foot time now that we're getting wetter weather.
Ummm…, don’t think they are waterproof tho. These are just rugged version of AM90, not specifically suited for rainy day wearing. BTW, Cordura is surely tough, but the material which Nike calls it as “Tec Tuff” isn’t that tough…
E9A3A085-3C7E-4E9B-B7A4-DE20519517BF.jpeg

Ummm…, don’t think they are waterproof tho. These are just rugged version of AM90, not specifically suited for rainy day wearing. BTW, Cordura is surely tough, but the material which Nike calls it as “Tec Tuff” isn’t that tough…
E9A3A085-3C7E-4E9B-B7A4-DE20519517BF.jpeg

It's good enough for moderate rain or very light snow. I have ACG mountain fly highs, Pegasus trail 3, the J1 Gore-tex, and actual snow boots when it's truly wet.

The surplus is quite good provided you're not standing in a puddle 4 inches deep.

lemme know when you pick em up! need to know if they quality lol

man I’d LOVE to update the thread with pics if they ever ship, I ordered on 11/30 or whatever day it was I asked in here…I’m still waiting on Bodega to ship them.

yall know if bodega is always this slow? I understand being a little patient…and when I emailed their support they said 1-7 days & they could be behind with the holiday so I’m rolling with it…but I’m ready to have my damn shoe now

Can you go half size down in Bacon AM90s?
Are Bacons as comfortable as the recrafts when it comes to cushioning? My Velvet Browns and my IDs aren't as comfortable as the recrafts and was wondering if Bacons are the same. Contemplating whether I should pick up Bacons for $130.

IMO you shouldn't have to worry about sizing up or down in bacons to get for a better price. Whatever the cost is for your true size, just do it. They are as true fitting as all other air max 90s.

You should pick up bacons for $130. I only have infrared recrafts/AM III and they are a hair less comfy than infras. Bacons took a little longer to break in but they feel quite fine on foot after doing so. The main difference is they're a little heavier due to materials + they have a pleather sockliner so I would recommend wearing with higher cut socks. I paid $250 on release day resale for bacons and have no regrets. Wound up getting a pair on the snkrs restock that I ooped to another NTer after the fact. I damn near paid over $300 on worn OGs years ago and happily would have if the wearability was guaranteed.

I cared about stuff like this when I was in high school

It's a mass produced shoe . Just wear it :lol:
Was thinking the same thing lol if you a person who drags their feet or don’t watch wear you stepping when you walk that sole protector mess is useless but to each his own

Back
Top Bottom