The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Yeah I don't dig the vintage effects on them either.

My fave of the bunch of recent times would be 2010s.

Each to their own.

Those MX are wearable though...

feelingood feelingood
Thanks for your post man, I always love a good Infra debate lol

Fundamentally I agree with what your saying. Like I said earlier, I personally love the '12 Vntg release. They are what they are and can't really be compared to other OG Infra releases IMO.
You either like the idea of owning a (for lack of a better term) "replica" of a 1990 OG Hyvent Orange 22 years later, or you think it's gimmicky. The quality, construction and shape are for sure on point.

I guess the only objective argument is what's truest to OG shape, materials and color. I personally think HOA hit that mark, but I've also never held an '90 Hyvent Orange OG in hand either. Like most I've only seen pictures.

The color has changed so much from release to release. From Hyvent, to MX, to '03 the first actual Infrared. Then every release after. Take '08 Infra/pink OGs for example. A great release but that color is a bit off. So does that make it a bad Infra release? It's all so subjective man. It depends what standard your judging against I guess?

Last edited:
Red Run Red Run Exactly. Im 100% with you. Its all subjective based on perspective. At the end all we are left with is comparing to the core essence of what the OG shoes were. Whether its comfort, durability, material, shape, air bubbles ect..

Infrared color changes almost every year.. What use to be true infrared (orange/red) is now a more or less a shade of pink. Whether you compare the different infrared 6s to air max releases over the years, to etc.. Its all different colors.

To me the only shoe to nail the infrared color over the somewhat years was the infrared spizikes.

Even Nike may be confused what infrared even is anymore.

Last edited:
image.png
miss these..had 2 pairs back in the day :frown: so dope

isco isco Ive been after these for several years. One of the last few I need to complete the OG Infra collection. I've given up on anything pre-HOA.

$250 isn't really that bad honestly.
Unfortunately I've bought 3 pairs in the last few days. If they're still there by the end of the week I'm copping. Thanks for the heads up

isco isco Ive been after these for several years. One of the last few I need to complete the OG Infra collection. I've given up on anything pre-HOA.

$250 isn't really that bad honestly.
Unfortunately I've bought 3 pairs in the last few days. If they're still there by the end of the week I'm copping. Thanks for the heads up
Ur an 11? They are gonna be gone quick..they have been priced at $250 for almost 10 years lol..the quality is flawless..I had to order one of mine from Japan..took 2 months to get them!!! 'm just saying if u don't act quick they are gonna go..but there are 2015 11s up on there as well

Back
Top Bottom