The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

I’m starting to agree with him, though, about it fabricating sales/prices. I see some weird **** happen on there. Just last week I was high bidder on a pair at $225. Lowest ask was $265. No other bids or lower asks were ever placed, yet suddenly the SX sales history claimed the latest sale in my size was $235 on the day I was watching the listings, and I was watching them on eBay and Goat as well. I know that sale didn’t happen on those platforms.

I know SX can cop out and resort to the claim it lists prices from multiple places, but I’d love to know where it pulled that supposed $235 sale from. In my view, if it’s going to list prices from all over, it should specify where the sales were made. Otherwise, just list SX sales only. I want to know what the sellers on SX are doing, if I’m trying to buy on SX. Just having a sales-price history becomes of suspect value when the sales can be sourced from literally anywhere. Or just fabricated. The way SX does it, the sales report isn’t as transparent as it should be.
Oh yea, I don't put much faith in one off sales. When there's hundreds of sales, I trust it a little more.

N7’s today.

Attachments

• EF3E83E4-FFC4-4E66-B608-F5F56C32EF85.jpeg
    EF3E83E4-FFC4-4E66-B608-F5F56C32EF85.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 182
I’m starting to agree with him, though, about it fabricating sales/prices. I see some weird **** happen on there. Just last week I was high bidder on a pair at $225. Lowest ask was $265. No other bids or lower asks were ever placed, yet suddenly the SX sales history claimed the latest sale in my size was $235 on the day I was watching the listings, and I was watching them on eBay and Goat as well. I know that sale didn’t happen on those platforms.

I know SX can cop out and resort to the claim it lists prices from multiple places, but I’d love to know where it pulled that supposed $235 sale from. In my view, if it’s going to list prices from all over, it should specify where the sales were made. Otherwise, just list SX sales only. I want to know what the sellers on SX are doing, if I’m trying to buy on SX. Just having a sales-price history becomes of suspect value when the sales can be sourced from literally anywhere. Or just fabricated. The way SX does it, the sales report isn’t as transparent as it should be.

Imo StockX is listing only sales via thier platform. People just need to understand, that we're talking bout a worldwide marketplace!
It always depends where the seller or the buyer is located. Fees, taxes etc. are different between the countries.

Eg a buyer in EU places a bid for 100 Euros (~ 120 US Dollars). It's the highest bid.
A seller in US places an ask for the same shoe for 110 Dollars! The buyer in EU will never be able to get that pair for the 110 Dollars. He will see that pair for let say 140 Dollar (120 Euros).
Then someone in US accepts the ask for 110 Dollar. The poor EU guy sees this transaction in latest sells for 100 Euros and is asking himself: wtf?!?!?!

Imo StockX is listing only sales via thier platform. People just need to understand, that we're talking bout a worldwide marketplace!
It always depends where the seller or the buyer is located. Fees, taxes etc. are different between the countries.

Eg a buyer in EU places a bid for 100 Euros (~ 120 US Dollars). It's the highest bid.
A seller in US places an ask for the same shoe for 110 Dollars! The buyer in EU will never be able to get that pair for the 110 Dollars. He will see that pair for let say 140 Dollar (120 Euros).
Then someone in US accepts the ask for 110 Dollar. The poor EU guy sees this transaction in latest sells for 100 Euros and is asking himself: wtf?!?!?!

No idea what you're talking about LOL. StockX has always said it includes sales from a variety of platforms in its sales history. And even if it doesn't, your example makes no sense. It's not about exchange rates, it's about a random selection of sales it includes in its sales history data. I was watching the listings like a hawk. No other listings were ever made, and I never got any auto notifications about a new listing price or new highest bid etc. The sale of a pair for $235 I referenced most definitely did not take place on SX. On top of that, fees and taxes are not and have never been included in sale prices on SX, so those things have zero to do with anything when we're talking about the recent sales data the site makes available to users.

No idea what you're talking about LOL. StockX has always said it includes sales from a variety of platforms in its sales history. And even if it doesn't, your example makes no sense. It's not about exchange rates, it's about a random selection of sales it includes in its sales history data. I was watching the listings like a hawk. No other listings were ever made, and I never got any auto notifications about a new listing price or new highest bid etc. The sale of a pair for $235 I referenced most definitely did not take place on SX. On top of that, fees and taxes are not and have never been included in sale prices on SX, so those things have zero to do with anything when we're talking about the recent sales data the site makes available to users.

Imo the sale for 235 Dollars took place outside the US! But it's still a transaction on StockX.

No doubt that fees, import duties are included in sale prices. Eben the app informs me when I place an ask, that in some other countries my aksing price will be higher due to fees, import duties.

Imo the sale for 235 Dollars took place outside the US! But it's still a transaction on StockX.

No doubt that fees, import duties are included in sale prices. Eben the app informs me when I place an ask, that in some other countries my aksing price will be higher due to fees, import duties.

I just realized, that's because you're in Europe. The US version of SX only deals in sales prices in US dollars, not tax, not fees, not anything else.

I've also had at least five pairs of shoes I've bought on SX come to me from Europe, and my sale prices are included in US dollars in the visible SX sales history for those shoes. Over here, the things you're talking about are not a thing. Apologies for the confusion; like I said, the US experience has notable differences to your's on the other side of the Atlantic. Even when the shoes we buy come from a European seller, there is no difference to us in the data we see and the buying experience. I only even know some of the shoes I've bought came from Europe due to the tracking info. If I didn't look at the tracking info, I'd have no idea they didn't come from somewhere in the US like the majority of pairs purchased on SX by American buyers.

Leebro Leebro thanks man - just copped, gotta love NT for the info yo :smokin All other stores only had wmns, debating getting spruces but might wait for disco on 'em.
No problem bro. I was debating whether to say anything as I didn't want resellers to scoop up all of my size (UK 10.5). There is only so much I can cop this month though with the bacons, triax structures, evolution of icons. Hopefully they'll hang around as most pairs have. I reckon you'll be good on the spruces as snkrs still has a full size run.

No problem bro. I was debating whether to say anything as I didn't want resellers to scoop up all of my size (UK 10.5). There is only so much I can cop this month though with the bacons, triax structures, evolution of icons. Hopefully they'll hang around as most pairs have. I reckon you'll be good on the spruces as snkrs still has a full size run.

Don't worry mate - just got me one pair to wear, can't believe how bad it's got on resell front, peeps should be ashamed of what they've done to this culture. Would go retail on spruces if not for that green air unit... kind of wanted them full OG.

Don't worry mate - just got me one pair to wear, can't believe how bad it's got on resell front, peeps should be ashamed of what they've done to this culture. Would go retail on spruces if not for that green air unit... kind of wanted them full OG.
It's getting disgusting bro. Literally anything with any margin of profit resellers are going for. I mean I was just writing that I'm happy to pay £100 over retail (which is part of the problem) if resale prices of the AM1 clot can be used as a measuring stick to what resale will be like for the bacons. It's messed up but I guess the game is the game.

It's getting disgusting bro. Literally anything with any margin of profit resellers are going for. I mean I was just writing that I'm happy to pay £100 over retail (which is part of the problem) if resale prices of the AM1 clot can be used as a measuring stick to what resale will be like for the bacons. It's messed up but I guess the game is the game.

I agree it's disgusting.. I'm not copping much these days which is handy lol. On foots of hot corals to follow :nthat: couldn't let these go by as god only knows when they'll retro again..

I just realized, that's because you're in Europe. The US version of SX only deals in sales prices in US dollars, not tax, not fees, not anything else.

I've also had at least five pairs of shoes I've bought on SX come to me from Europe, and my sale prices are included in US dollars in the visible SX sales history for those shoes. Over here, the things you're talking about are not a thing. Apologies for the confusion; like I said, the US experience has notable differences to your's on the other side of the Atlantic. Even when the shoes we buy come from a European seller, there is no difference to us in the data we see and the buying experience. I only even know some of the shoes I've bought came from Europe due to the tracking info. If I didn't look at the tracking info, I'd have no idea they didn't come from somewhere in the US like the majority of pairs purchased on SX by American buyers.

I think the sales price might exclude taxes and stuff. If I change my location from Canada to US, it shows the ASK difference

Having it shipped to the US, the lowest ASK is $394, but if I want it shipped to Canada, it's $444 since it factors in customs.

1615218487649.png

1615218509121.png

Back
Top Bottom