The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

PXL_20230521_153123634.jpg

$91 ... use code "CC30"

My wife pulled out her pair that I gifted her when they released and completely forgot about , man I was so sick that I told her to go back and wear another pair cuz she was crushing me (I had some 550's on ) but still
The resale isn’t too bad on these. I can’t decide if the orange or the volt is the best out of the 2020s.

I need the oranges…

And grapes, limes, roses, turq…actually I need all of them haha
The grapes are nice but quality is not great. Volt and oranges seem to be okay. I would just double on infrareds. Those are the ones.

Quality on grapes, oranges and volt are all the exact same. They all use the same material and build.

That’s what I was thinking, don’t see why any of the recraft cws would be much different from one another quality wise.

That’s what I was thinking, don’t see why any of the recraft cws would be much different from one another quality wise.
two color ways of the same model aren’t always equal in quality. Different color ways are usually made in different factories at different times than one another. So, even though you might consider all the re-crafts a “pack” , they will have differences.

I found the purple pair to have more of a banana shape/ wonky toe box. Also, the different shades of purple on the shoe are way off and don’t quite match as well as the colors on the other recrafts. When I saw that the purple on the upper was much different than the purple on the midsole, it was disappointing. The toe cap/toebox on the laser blues is kind of messed up also. If I was to go back in time… I feel like I would skip the re-crafts and just double up on the infrareds..its a perfect shoe. But then again, the re-crafts are still really nice.

One thing (of many) that I appreciated about the recrafts was how light they felt on foot. I think I bought every color except purple and pink.

The Air Max 3 retro was one of the best retros in recent memory. I personally copped Infrareds x2, laser blues, spruces, and the archetype.

I do have to say that a lot of the most recent "regular" AM90s have slightly regressed in comfort and shape. So I don't regret going all-in back in 2020

two color ways of the same model aren’t always equal in quality. Different color ways are usually made in different factories at different times than one another. So, even though you might consider all the re-crafts a “pack” , they will have differences.

I found the purple pair to have more of a banana shape/ wonky toe box. Also, the different shades of purple on the shoe are way off and don’t quite match as well as the colors on the other recrafts. When I saw that the purple on the upper was much different than the purple on the midsole, it was disappointing. The toe cap/toebox on the laser blues is kind of messed up also. If I was to go back in time… I feel like I would skip the re-crafts and just double up on the infrareds..its a perfect shoe. But then again, the re-crafts are still really nice.

Sucks to hear about the QC issues. I definitely get that each cw had different production dates/factories. Don’t have all of them in hand but from the pics I’ve seen they all seem to be pretty similar shape wise. But then again I seen them either on foot or with shoe trees which probably hid the banana shape you mentioned.

Didn’t realize the grapes had paint issues. After looking them up again, I now see the different shades of purple on the midsole and upper. Such an eye sore haha

Sucks to hear about the QC issues. I definitely get that each cw had different production dates/factories. Don’t have all of them in hand but from the pics I’ve seen they all seem to be pretty similar shape wise. But then again I seen them either on foot or with shoe trees which probably hid the banana shape you mentioned.

Didn’t realize the grapes had paint issues. After looking them up again, I now see the different shades of purple on the midsole and upper. Such an eye sore haha
the colors and dyes will vary depending on materials but the execution on the purple was poor in that regard. Still a nice shoe though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom