The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I strike a nerve?

orly.gif

Not at all i want the most known franchises in the NBA to stand out & show that elite star power they bring!!

The one time I sat on the floor was during the Sixers process era Vs the Spurs. It was $100.

Was in Orlando back in 2011 and paid around $300 for courtside seats. Dwight Howard is built like a mountain
Was in OKC back in 2014 and paid around $500 for courtside seats. KD looks like a folded ladder, leaned up against a wall.

^^^No Jazz love?

Whoever said Denver should tank is probably right.
The Jazz always have impressive net ratings during the reg season but during the Playoffs it's always the same story

They didn't upgrade their roster in any meaningful way. Whiteside and Gay are decent bench pieces with Ingles and Clarkson but that isn't enough to elevate them anything other than pretender status until proven otherwise

Not sure about that, but I believe the numbers bear out how a team performs over the first 20 games is a good indicator for the rest of the season.

Well last season through 20 games PHI/BKN were at the top of the East & UTA/LAC were at the top of the West. Only one of those squads made the conference finals.

There's 3/4 of the season still to be played. PHX and GS while for sure are playing great ball have also had the benefit of continuity of system and health by far more than any other team in the league. Which again to their credit this far have taken full advantage of.

I understand the laughing emoticons but it's not that wild of a statement to make as of this moment
1638295169058.png

The Lakers have played like dog ****, given up a bunch of double digit (some 20+ points) leads and Bron missed a couple weeks yet ~1/4 of the the way through the season they are 1 GB of the 4-seed. The conference is mid after Utah. Different strains but all mid so I don't think it's time to laugh at the possibility of a 4-seed yet. And this is coming from someone who thinks they are a play-in team but what do I know

I understand the laughing emoticons but it's not that wild of a statement to make as of this moment
1638295169058.png

The Lakers have played like dog ****, given up a bunch of double digit (some 20+ points) leads and Bron missed a couple weeks yet ~1/4 of the the way through the season they are 1 GB of the 4-seed. The conference is mid after Utah. Different strains but all mid so I don't think it's time to laugh at the possibility of a 4-seed yet. And this is coming from someone who thinks they are a play-in team but what do I know

I know it's a realistic scenario.

It's just funny how Lakers fans were proclaiming that The Show was going 98-0 this season & now it's "well if we get the four seed then these teams lose then this happens..."

I’d rather hit my stride going into the post-season. Ramp up after the all star game and go full throttle from there on out.

I think that's the philosophy of most coaches. Don't want to peak too early. They usually all say, want to be playing their best ball down the stretch of the season.

Both conferences are underperforming.
The East you could squint and make stronger cases for more teams coming out of the conference compared to the west.. where you can't really have faith in more than 3 teams coming out

And that could be completely unrelated to either conference under or over performing. Just saying it's easier to see the big picture in the west

1638295169058.png

Why’d you have to ruin it?

:smh:

But yea there is a lot of mediocrity in the NBA right now. That’s why I’m expecting the Lakers to win 60 games in a row.

Not sure about that, but I believe the numbers bear out how a team performs over the first 20 games is a good indicator for the rest of the season.

The Clippers TV broadcast team said something to that effect during the Warriors game the other day. Around the 20 game mark is when coaches start to feel like they really know what they have. Something like that.

The Clippers TV broadcast team said something to that effect during the Warriors game the other day. Around the 20 game mark is when coaches start to feel like they really know what they have. Something like that.
A teams schedule is a big factor in how they perform in those 20 games. I don't think that's a good enough measure of a team's capabilities down the line.

Then there's also injuries at the top of the season, trade deadline, players being picked up in the middle of the season and so forth. Too many factors to just boil it down to how a team does in 20 games.

The East you could squint and make stronger cases for more teams coming out of the conference compared to the west.. where you can't really have faith in more than 3 teams coming out

And that could be completely unrelated to either conference under or over performing. Just saying it's easier to see the big picture in the west

Ehhh, IDK that I agree on the East. I don’t have a lot of confidence in anyone but the Bucks. At least as things currently stand. Kyrie coming back could definitely change things. And if the Sixers can flip Benjamin for a couple of solid rotation guys, they’ll be in the mix too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom