The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he should hold on to Ben for 4 years because that's all you're getting one way or another. A solid piece and picks
9zy7x0_th (2).png

I rather show I'm invested to the guys on the court but that's just me

That is fair but the piece and picks/team matter IMO.

Literally anything of additional value is better than what they current have with that asset.

I just think Morey is showing he's invested to Embiid and the te organization by trying to get the best return on the trade for the long-term. Just look at their payroll moving forward:
sixers payroll.PNG

Embiid is locked up at least four more seasons. IF they are adamant on moving Ben right now before the ASB it would really only make sense if they can find a way to flip Tobi and get a contract (or contracts) back that can give them additional flexibility in the future. I joke about it but I actually think Morey has ownership convinced that this season is a wash and they are fine with that considering how the team is playing :lol: |l

This is more or less Morey's last bullet to really improve the team (unless you count Maxey), so I get why he's holding out.

THIS.

While I think the problem with Rust is deeper than just raw FG%, this is bad |l

wait so bron has 3 or 4 teammates who are top 75 players of all-time, one who is even more efficient at shooting/scoring the ball than $t3ph but the Lakers are only .500? how sway??

not my GOAT

That is fair but the piece and picks/team matter IMO.

I just think Morey is showing he's invested to Embiid and the te organization by trying to get the best return on the trade for the long-term. Just look at their payroll moving forward:
sixers payroll.PNG

Embiid is locked up at least four more seasons. IF they are adamant on moving Ben right now before the ASB it would really only make sense if they can find a way to flip Tobi and get a contract (or contracts) back that can give them additional flexibility in the future. I joke about it but I actually think Morey has ownership convinced that this season is a wash and they are fine with that considering how the team is playing :lol: |l

THIS.
It's just not the ASB for me. I don't trust Morey to feel the need to make a move in the off season either :lol: (I think we agreed pushing this past a full season might be pushing it)

But hey shoot for the stars going after Dame or Officer Jimbo
manny.png

Maybe Embiid is cool with this but you cant guarantee attitudes will change after another playoff exit

wait so bron has 3 or 4 teammates who are top 75 players of all-time, one who is even more efficient at shooting/scoring the ball than $t3ph but the Lakers are only .500? how sway??

not my GOAT
This reply isn't in support of the Lakers or LeBron but looking at the situation.

1. The # of Top 75 players on this Lakers team shouldn't be (and never should have been) a talking point about concerning this Lakers team success or lack thereof. Two of them are role players at the end of their career so THOSE days are behind them. AD was a debatable addition but regardless he's been out for awhile (health is one of his biggest issues) and IMO Rust was added purely for his individual statistical accomplishments, not anything he achieved at the team level.

Having said all of that, the roster has a combination of old age, not the best health (Bron for a stretch and now AD), several, folks in the rotation who don't even fake playing defense and generally just not a good fit. With Year 19 Lebby in the Western Conference that is the recipe for about an above average team. I didn't expect them to be as good as the folks who crowned them the favorites because there was a lot to be seen but I didn't foresee them being this bad. It's disappointing but at least it's entertaining :lol:

cIt's just not the ASB for me. I don't trust Morey to feel the need to make a move in the off season either :lol: (I think we agreed pushing this past a full season might be pushing it)

manny.png

Maybe Embiid is cool with this but you cant guarantee attitudes will change after another playoff exit

Yeah, this is fact. I said I'm pulling up personally if that happens :lol:

It's just not the ASB for me. I don't trust Morey to feel the need to make a move in the off season either :lol: (I think we agreed pushing this past a full season might be pushing it)

manny.png

The only way I can see Morey holding SimmoTheSauvage is if he has a guarantee Officer Jim is coming

The great thing about Philly is that you just know a reporter is going to ask Doc one of these days - “so you think you’re Pop?”

Scottie Barnes career high last night :pimp:

THEY celebrating a buzzer beater to win against the worst team in the west?

Interesting.

Caruso sold it like he broke his back when in fact he only broke his wrist.

I needed to find the audio because I’m still in shock from last night. I thought maybe something was taken out of context? Maybe it wasn’t that bad?

Nope. It was worse.

He really does feel like he’s royalty. :lol:

The ironic part was if Pop was asked that question, he would have taken full responsibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom