The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

How many of you guys braket your shots for HDR?

If so, what you guys use to merge and show me some of your examples?

no edit

Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR lens
$2800

Nikon PC NIKKOR 19mm f/4E ED tilt shift lens
$3400

For the life of me, I don't know why that tilt shift lens is that expensive. But that 70-200mm is going to get stronger up by photographers.

How many of you guys braket your shots for HDR?

If so, what you guys use to merge and show me some of your examples?

I honestly just use the built in HDR mode in my Canon. I don't do it that often anymore but if the situation permits, I'll still use it. There are different modes within the camera and I try and use the one that looks natural but yet creates a punch in color. I try and make sure those glowing effects aren't in photo. Also the bad thing is the photo will be a jpeg but if shot right, there really doesn't have to be that much editing afterwards.

These are my older shots but these were all HDR photos from the 5D and touched up in photoshop. Landscapes sell the photo more. Shooting with a person in frame would make their skin damn near yellow or orange.

iceland-5.jpg
space-age-pimpin-2.jpg
iceland-3.jpg
ocean-beauty-1.jpg

Nice shots, Ben :smokin

I was wondering if you experts can help me with something. How do you get the camera to make everybody in the picture so clear? Whenever I try to take a group shot, my lenses always seem to focus on what's in the front. I tried to ask the dude who took the shot below but he hasn't responded yet.

Below is mine(top) and his(bottom)

First thing I would try is a smaller aperture - somewhere around f/10 - and a tripod so you can avoid shake too.

Yeah.....stack photos if you want the ultimate clear photo. You can even be as meticulous and focus on each character to make sure all are clear and merge it all in photoshop.

I've noticed this after I updated Photoshop has anyone else seen this before?

Also for my portrait shooters do you guys always smooth out the skin or do it as needed?

Also for my portrait shooters do you guys always smooth out the skin or do it as needed?

I get rid of blemishes and birth marks but I don't go to the point of airbrushing brushing the skin. Actually by cloning out those things, it does give off an airbrush look cause skin is never that clean.

Turn off graphics card acceleration.

I get rid of pimples and occasionally make wrinkles / skin textures a little less sharp. but i pretty much never do full blown photoshop retouching.

Turn off graphics card acceleration.

I get rid of pimples and occasionally make wrinkles / skin textures a little less sharp. but i pretty much never do full blown photoshop retouching.

Right on bro I'll try it when I get home. Idk if it's the update or the graphics card but it zooms in differently now.

Never thought to make those less sharp.
When I first learned frequency & separation I was applying it for everything. After awhile I just sat and noticed it truly isn't always needed.

Nice shots, Ben :smokin

I was wondering if you experts can help me with something. How do you get the camera to make everybody in the picture so clear? Whenever I try to take a group shot, my lenses always seem to focus on what's in the front. I tried to ask the dude who took the shot below but he hasn't responded yet.

Below is mine(top) and his(bottom)

Like someone else said **** with a smaller aperture f/7.1 and above .
Also make sure you aren't close up with an UWL BECAUSE DISTANCE. also can affect the SHARPNESS/Bokeh.

Harpers Ferry (WVa) in autumn is worth the trip if you're in the vicinity.  Leaves were all over the place and the crowds were scarce.  Some shots from today below (iPhone and edited in the 'gram).  More here.  Peace

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom