The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Photo experts... any thoughts on whether or not this is actually a plus sized lady? I am thinking this is a photo-shopped picture, but I could be way off... I feel like the proportions just look whacky. I'm not trying to be rude or insensitive, just curious if you guys think this is a photoshop job or real photos.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/t...sleeve-running-top/pid-11149643/pgid-11463491

Nice shots everyone!

bjamez20 nice serie there !!

More on https://www.instagram.com/manvsovsov/ as usual

I'm really diggin the last two shots on your ig. Makes me want to plan a trip out there :smokin

Better go soon man... especially if you want to go to china. I've travelled around china a few times (I used to live there), and it has changed dramatically. I don't even have the desire to travel much there anymore, as most photogenic places have been destroyed.

Last edited:
Photo experts... any thoughts on whether or not this is actually a plus sized lady? I am thinking this is a photo-shopped picture, but I could be way off... I feel like the proportions just look whacky. I'm not trying to be rude or insensitive, just curious if you guys think this is a photoshop job or real photos.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/t...sleeve-running-top/pid-11149643/pgid-11463491
I think its a plus sized model. I just don't think Nike, of all companies, would want that bad PR.

Nice shots everyone!

I'm really diggin the last two shots on your ig. Makes me want to plan a trip out there :smokin

Better go soon man... especially if you want to go to china. I've travelled around china a few times (I used to live there), and it has changed dramatically. I don't even have the desire to travel much there anymore, as most photogenic places have been destroyed.

Two of the places I want to go to is Hong Kong and Singapore. The Polynesian islands is another one on the list but not sure if that's going to happen. I know a lot of the villages in China are in trouble due to the high speed rail projects going on. Sad to see that.

Welp.

Tried my hand at undoing the latch for my focusing screen and when I tried to lock it back up it wouldn't stay. I guess I better go to a pro before I make matters worse. :x :smh:

I'm typically okay with working with my hands too. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:

I'm sure it a real person. Nike has done plus size model campaigns before. Don't know why they'd flip the switch.

Proportions seem fine and the other product shots are consistent for this model. Not to say Nike doesn't touch things up a bit.

sportswear-plus-size-1x-3x-womens-t-shirt.jpg

Anyone have any advice on focusing with the 24mm?

Tried to go manual and I cant get everything in the picture to focus.

Heres an example:

Slightly edited, mainly the "fine". Shoes in the back are still blurry.

Nice shots everyone!

Two of the places I want to go to is Hong Kong and Singapore. The Polynesian islands is another one on the list but not sure if that's going to happen. I know a lot of the villages in China are in trouble due to the high speed rail projects going on. Sad to see that.

Photographically speaking,those two places haven't changed much in the last 10 years. The good photo spots are still there.

Anyone have any advice on focusing with the 24mm?

Tried to go manual and I cant get everything in the picture to focus.

Heres an example:

Slightly edited, mainly the "fine". Shoes in the back are still blurry.

The closer the subject to the lens the shallower the depth of field and the lower (higher number) your aperture needs to be.

Shooting this say at f/1.4 will make the focusing plane very shallow vs at f/6.3 (for example) the focusing plane will be much deeper.

You can also take a step back to deepen the focusing plane.

I suggest doing both.

Last edited:

I'm sure it a real person. Nike has done plus size model campaigns before. Don't know why they'd flip the switch.

Proportions seem fine and the other product shots are consistent for this model. Not to say Nike doesn't touch things up a bit.

sportswear-plus-size-1x-3x-womens-t-shirt.jpg

Thanks for that other picture. The thing that bothered me the most, was that the neck seemed extremely thin compared to the rest of her body, which was throwing me off. Her face looked a bit thin as well.

The closer the subject to the lens the shallower the depth of field and the lower (higher number) your aperture needs to be.

Shooting this say at f/1.4 will make the focusing plane very shallow vs at f/6.3 (for example) the focusing plane will be much deeper.

You can also take a step back to deepen the focusing plane.

I suggest doing both.

Totally forgot about the aperture deal, repped.

asking my parents for the sigma 17-50 mm for Christmas. just for an all purpose lens. taking another photography class next semester so i will get a lot of use out of it. i can buy tt myself if they dont get it so i am excited lol. my first digital photography class.

Last edited:
asking my parents for the sigma 17-50 mm for Christmas. just for an all purpose lens. taking another photography class next semester so i will get a lot of use out of it. i can buy tt myself if they dont get it so i am excited lol. my first digital photography class.

pretty dope!

i hope you get everything you're looking for from photography school :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Thanks yanky !!

Anyone familiar with film pocketable point and shoot ? I want to shoot film again and have something light to carry around. I've heard Mju II and nikon 35 ti are great, but would like some feedback if you own any similar camera.

Cheers

pretty dope!

i hope you get everything you're looking for from photography school :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Thanks! Well its not photography school but just a photography class at dvc. I took 2 film classes and that's how I got into photography. I had my older dslr to make videos with but when I took film photography I enjoyed it too much haha. I like photography more then videography now haha.

Last edited:
My only real shots in NYC this week. Didn't even make it out to the Big L mural. I at least thought I had two days but the other days, it was raining. Even ran into some fellow IGers out shooting. Oddly we followed like the same heads, except both of them had like 5 figured followers. Haha.

nyc-1.png
nyc-2.png
nyc-3.png

Last edited:
damn good stuff @Fongstarr i saw your occulus pic on ig and my only point of reference of it prior was from adorama's top photographer lol. i finished the season, and thought it was really cool to be honest. hope they follow up with another, im no expert but personally i thought it was put together pretty well. sweet tones manusousou manusousou . here are a few from the past week and a blog update from my site im trying to keep up with. https://www.grinfluenza.com/new-blog/2016/12/12/almost-home

30765695273_edbf9340f6_c.jpg
30765694463_5e3eeaa398_c.jpg
31461528691_30ec39d722_c.jpg
30736044014_fec4a68348_c.jpg
31575337015_757acb4a0a_c.jpg

Hello NT Photogs.

So I finally decided on getting my GF camera attachments for her iPhone for Christmas.  We're going on several trips in 2017 so I figured it'd make sense.  I know there are reviews on the first page and I'm going to dive into those but what do you guys think are the best lens/camera attachments for an iPhone?  Apologies if this is a repetitive question.

Sidebar:  I'm down to spend between $150-$250.

Last edited:
Hello NT Photogs.

So I finally decided on getting my GF camera attachments for her iPhone for Christmas.  We're going on several trips in 2017 so I figured it'd make sense.  I know there are reviews on the first page and I'm going to dive into those but what do you guys think are the best lens/camera attachments for an iPhone?  Apologies if this is a repetitive question.

Let me preface this by saying I've never used any cell phone camera attachments nor do I have much experience with entry-level point and shoots.

But if you're willing to shell out a couple hundred bucks it seems like a dedicated camera would be more practical than iPhone attachments. I'm sure the guys in here can chime in.

Let me preface this by saying I've never used any cell phone camera attachments nor do I have much experience with entry-level point and shoots.

But if you're willing to shell out a couple hundred bucks it seems like a dedicated camera would be more practical than iPhone attachments. I'm sure the guys in here can chime in.

I would normally agree but I am learning to disagree as most people nowadays would never want to shoot with a point and shoot camera and later upload it to an iPhone. I think general shooters want convenience of the over better quality photos. It's pretty much the reason why the point and shoot market has tanked so much. The only people that want to go out of their way to shoot and later upload it to a phone are serious shooters and are doing it with DSLRs. I think the cell phone attachment thing makes sense but I also think it is a big pain in the butt to carry all these lenses in your pocket.

Hello NT Photogs.

The thing is I really don't think she wants an actual camera.  She loves photography but I don't know if she's that committed.  She enjoys the convenience of an iPhone.

I would normally agree but I am learning to disagree as most people nowadays would never want to shoot with a point and shoot camera and later upload it to an iPhone. I think general shooters want convenience of the over better quality photos. It's pretty much the reason why the point and shoot market has tanked so much. The only people that want to go out of their way to shoot and later upload it to a phone are serious shooters and are doing it with DSLRs. I think the cell phone attachment thing makes sense but I also think it is a big pain in the butt to carry all these lenses in your pocket.

That was the main thing I was thinking about. Getting optical zoom vs. having to constantly swap lenses. I figure I'd rather carry around a point and shoot if I'm gonna be carrying stuff around anyway.

But giving it more thought, you bring up a good point that the average consumer probably doesn't give a damn about the bump in photo quality a dedicated camera would give. At this point I'm not even sure if it's a significant difference in IQ for a basic P&S vs. iPhone. :lol:

big van vader big van vader make sure you cop an external battery if your girl is gonna be using her iPhone as a phone AND a camera for your vacations.

Back
Top Bottom