The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Anyone got any opinions on the Canon 70-200 f/4 L? I know it's a cheaper lens of the 70-200 family but I found one for $400 brand new and wonder if it is worth the purchase. I think that is only $200 more than retail. I hear it is good bang for the buck but just not as fast and less bokeh than the f/2.8 version. I do like to shoot all things but I think I would use this for zoom in landscapes. I just hate to get this and then want to buy the f/2.8 version.

Drop another 300 and get the tamron 2.8 version.

Anyone got any opinions on the Canon 70-200 f/4 L? I know it's a cheaper lens of the 70-200 family but I found one for $400 brand new and wonder if it is worth the purchase. I think that is only $200 more than retail. I hear it is good bang for the buck but just not as fast and less bokeh than the f/2.8 version. I do like to shoot all things but I think I would use this for zoom in landscapes. I just hate to get this and then want to buy the f/2.8 version.

im assuming its the one without IS?

Last edited:
So I'm contemplating building my own pc since apple doesn't want to refresh the imac. But now that adobe decided to do the whole cloud thing I've been reading that cs6 isn't compatible with windows 10. Any windows 10 users in here using cs6 with no issues??? I don't want to pay an annual fee for photoshop when I don't even use it that often.

So I'm contemplating building my own pc since apple doesn't want to refresh the imac. But now that adobe decided to do the whole cloud thing I've been reading that cs6 isn't compatible with windows 10. Any windows 10 users in here using cs6 with no issues??? I don't want to pay an annual fee for photoshop when I don't even use it that often.

Build your own hackintosh instead :smokin

idk how to |I I'm sure if I watch enough tutorials I'll get it but if something happens down the line then I'm kinda screwed since I wouldn't know how to fix the issue.

idk how to |I I'm sure if I watch enough tutorials I'll get it but if something happens down the line then I'm kinda screwed since I wouldn't know how to fix the issue.

https://www.tonymacx86.com

This site is the motherload of info. My next computer will be a hackintosh with bootcamp. I have a MacBook retina right now, but I don't think the new ones are worth the cost.

I'm looking into buying a flash trigger any tips or recommendations?

I want to hook it up to my D3300 and my Nikon SB600

This site is the motherload of info. My next computer will be a hackintosh with bootcamp. I have a MacBook retina right now, but I don't think the new ones are worth the cost.

After the idea of a hackintosh I've been watching youtube tutorials and reading up on parts/assembly for the past two hours. I think I'm just going to do it lol. Just need to find compatible parts and decide on invidia or amd.

After the idea of a hackintosh I've been watching youtube tutorials and reading up on parts/assembly for the past two hours. I think I'm just going to do it lol. Just need to find compatible parts and decide on invidia or amd.

Worst case scenario is that for whatever reason, you are unable to get OS X to install and work properly... then you can just install windows and be back at the same point of building a windows machine. I much prefer OS X to windows. I like having bootcamp, which allows me to run windows on the mac as well, and if I need windows for a specific application, I can just bout into windows. Best of both worlds for me.

Worst case scenario is that for whatever reason, you are unable to get OS X to install and work properly... then you can just install windows and be back at the same point of building a windows machine. I much prefer OS X to windows. I like having bootcamp, which allows me to run windows on the mac as well, and if I need windows for a specific application, I can just bout into windows. Best of both worlds for me.

Makes sense. i haven't used windows since 2011 and don't really want to go back but if I can build a superior OSX machine for under 2 grand then I'm golden.

I purchased a pre-built PC back in December and have no regrets. After working on a Mac for the past 6 years, I was skeptical about switching over but really enjoy Windows 10 actually. And yes, CS6 runs just fine for me. Keep scanning SlickDeals and you can find a great PC for ~$1k.

This is what I got, but it was on sale for $997, no tax + free shipping: http://www.bjs.com/cyberpowerpc-gam...-ssd-6gb-graphics.product.3000000000000619598.

I also game though, so switching over to Windows was kind of necessary.

Last edited:
I know this is a photography thread. I'm dabbling in video as well, shorts/features, currently have a t3i and probably scooping a Mark 7 or 80D soon.

Worried that video editing is going to put the final nail in the coffin on my MBP.

Do you guys have all your content on external devices/clouds?

I know this is a photography thread. I'm dabbling in video as well, shorts/features, currently have a t3i and probably scooping a Mark 7 or 80D soon.

Worried that video editing is going to put the final nail in the coffin on my MBP.

Do you guys have all your content on external devices/clouds?

Most of it i do. I quickly move files to my exrernals when i am done working on them.

I've been rocking a Canon a rebel t3i for the last few years and feel I have out grown it(check out some of my work @cfloresphotog). The last lens I've acquired has been the go-to 50mm 1.8 stm Im digging it but want to move onto a full frame camera and would like to stick with Canon. 

With that being said, what would be the an affordable body to with? 

Last edited:

Hey i responded to your PM but i'll post in here too.

here's a link to whats in my computer:
http://amzn.to/2oEp5Te

A couple things to keep in mind:
- You do not need a graphics card like the GTX 1080... that was for me.
- The sky is the limit
- Hackintosh is an awesome idea... When I free up some time and willpower, i want to look into doing a hackinsosh build.
- Buy what you need first, then look into adding things that are nice.

I like my computer setup a lot.

Last edited:
Been a while since I posted anything here lol, but your setup is nice @DJYoung08

The last picture with your little figure just chillin though 
laugh.gif
 Idk why that got me dying lmao

What lens are you pairing it with and what are you typically shooting? I've heard that the 6D is the most inexpensive full frame cam Canon offers if I'm not mistaken.

@ComplexSole i use my 50mm 1.8. I like to shoot on the street but lately ive been shooting clothing/shoes. But yeah its the more affordable full frame from canon. Image quality is great but frame per sec is whatever. I believe its 4 fps. And not as much AF points as compared to something like a 7d or 70d. So if you are shooting more action shots, 6d might not be for you.

Back
Top Bottom