The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I'm still amazed at how big New York City is. I definitely would get lost and end up in a wrong neighborhood lol

Damn they came out great. Might have to go to that roof top again. Glad you made it up without a hassle.

Super quick edit. Just wanted to show why I never take my camera off RAW. I know this is not everyone's cup of tea, but I like it.

IMG_97531.JPG

IMG_9753-Edit.JPG

Every time I see these pictures from the same location it makes me think of the tram, keep saying I'm gonna ride it but never get around to it :smh:

Sharpshoeter13 Sharpshoeter13 those pics are awesome man. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a nice motion blur on an action shot like you did with that bike picture. Any tips? Seems whenever I try the entire pic just comes out blurry.

Thanks, man! Appreciate it. Panning photography varies from a personal standpoint. I've been doing this for years just studying how others do it when it comes to photographing motion. Some do it at F/11 - F/16 or even deeper; shutter speeds of between 1/60 - 1/80.

Personally, I do my pannings starting at F/9 then I stop down to like F/11 depending on the lighting conditions with the same shutter speeds I stated above. If you want to practice it, have a friend or sibling ride a bike or anything that causes motion then try shooting it. Not every shot will come out as you want it but as long as your aiming at the face (crucial part of panning) then you're good. After that you can practice composing it with different elements in the background.

If you want, there are videos online that provide more info about it :smile:

IMG_1010.JPG

Show me your photoshop skills!!!

I always seen some extreme photoshops (color, dodge & burn, etc) and I wanted to see NTers skills .

A before and after would be cool.

I did a quick B&A and it shows how much you can do with a RAW, those are also welcome.

Sharpshoeter13 Sharpshoeter13 thanks man. Yeah I was at Green Bay Packers training camp and really wanted to get some pics like that. Gonna have to really brush up on it and practice before I go again next year. From the few YT videos I watched I wasn't able to nail it down in a short period of time. All my pics were washed out because of the light.

Sharpshoeter13 Sharpshoeter13 thanks man. Yeah I was at Green Bay Packers training camp and really wanted to get some pics like that. Gonna have to really brush up on it and practice before I go again next year. From the few YT videos I watched I wasn't able to nail it down in a short period of time. All my pics were washed out because of the light.

Oh you're most welcome! Glad I can help. Don't worry about mishaps, it happens. I take notes (literally) of what I miss and tweak it. That's cool that you got to go to a Packers camp!

If you're SERIOUS into getting the most out of your skills, I suggest investing in glass. You can never go wrong with it. It will teach you how to prioritize your shots depending on what you have and want to do. That's just one of my learning curves, though.

Most importantly, just keep on shooting and enjoy it!

And just like that.....Nikon is back in the game:

Nikon never left man! They still make the best cameras out there.

I’m excited to give this mirrorless a shot though. Hopefully they can actually produce enough for the demand... but based on the 850, I find it’ll be unlikely.

Only one card slot and no Eye AF for the new Nikons mirrorless bodies...

It's like they half assed it. Sony has a leg up already and Nikon could've potentially caught up a little. Not gonna happen with these bodies though.

Would rather stick with my d750 if i have to do a wedding or professional work at the current price

And just like that.....Nikon is back in the game:

definitely interesting...although given the dslr folks main criticisms/gripe against mirrorless (too lightweight, small form factor, evf vs. optical viewfinder, lack of native lenses or without adapters), i don’t imagine this is a direction that appeals to that crowd? mirrorless would seem to be the future and has obvious benefits, so this was a necessary move

I went to a pro for a shoot with my wife and newborn last week. I was asking the photographer questions the whole time :lol: thats where i learned that the pros call them glass. :lol:

been shooting a lot since the baby came, and i think i am really starting to get the hang of the dSLR on manual mode. It is a lot of fun.

Nikon never left man! They still make the best cameras out there.

I’m excited to give this mirrorless a shot though. Hopefully they can actually produce enough for the demand... but based on the 850, I find it’ll be unlikely.
I meant in the mirrorless world. They had that one crappy mirrorless and just scrapped that camera.

I think for landscape photographers, these cameras are fine. I thought the autofocus wasn’t bad but not great either. If the adapters work well on native lenses, then these cameras will sell. No need to dump your lens catalog.

Where’s Canon’s full frame mirrorless!

Back
Top Bottom