The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I want this one...

3493516442_591d313eba.jpg

Crumpler EOS Industry Disgrace... Only available in Asia though...
mad.gif

^ yeah I know, it looks dope. I'm actually going to buy the red 5 Million Dollar Home when I get back from break. I've been wanting a smaller bag andwhile red + Canon logo screams "steal me", the design is just way too sick for me to pass up.

If you can find the Canon x Crumpler industry disgrace on eBay from a reputable seller for about $40, it should be a good deal. I'll tell you from apersonal experience, Crumpler makes quality products.

Just ordered a Nikon 35mm 1.8G for my D90.
What are your opinions on the lens.
I've already done some research on it via kenrockwell, but what are your personal experiences with it?

Mainly chose this over the 50mm since 35mm on the APS-C sensor is about a 52/53mm on a full format camera

^ It's an awesome lens man. Every Nikon shooter should have it. Even FF dudes with D700s like it. Comes with a lens hood and everything.

I hardly carry my camera around my neck now a days .. usually goes around my shoulder or just stay in the bag .. SMH ..
frown.gif

^ Not to single you out or anything...but are people really going to Ken Rockwell for reviews? Sure at times he states useful information but most of the stuffhe puts up is for entertainment. It's way too hard to take him seriously. You're better off reading reviews from buyers on online stores or betteryet...dedicated photography forums.

Oh and here's a proper review: http://www.photozone.de/nikon--nikkor-aps-c-lens-tests/422-nikkor_35_18g

Santi, I'm on a tight budget right now since it's the holiday season. If you haven't bought it yet, I'll get back to you in about 3 weeks.You're in T.Dot right? If you're willing to settle for the non-Canon version, you can check out the Crumpler store on W. Queen St. They might even havea sale around boxing day.

Also, i ordered off of cametacamera 2 days ago and it still hasnt shipped
i know he is very reputable, but has this happened to any of you?
Normally i'd buy from adorama or B&H and they ship it out next day.

tumblr_kv2lpxzuLS1qzsocao1_500.jpg

i'm diggin the strap, but im not sure how i'll like that middle piece. i dont like carrying my camera around my neck like posted above, but rathershoulder sling it like a messenger bag. oh well!

I read up for general info, but will read amazon, B&H, ritz, and adorama reviews for other peoples personal input.

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

^ Not to single you out or anything...but are people really going to Ken Rockwell for reviews? Sure at times he states useful information but most of the stuff he puts up is for entertainment. It's way too hard to take him seriously. You're better off reading reviews from buyers on online stores or better yet...dedicated photography forums.

Oh and here's a proper review: http://www.photozone.de/nikon--nikkor-aps-c-lens-tests/422-nikkor_35_18g

Santi, I'm on a tight budget right now since it's the holiday season. If you haven't bought it yet, I'll get back to you in about 3 weeks. You're in T.Dot right? If you're willing to settle for the non-Canon version, you can check out the Crumpler store on W. Queen St. They might even have a sale around boxing day.

I'll agree that it does serve an entertainment purpose, but there are some very comprehensive reviews on there too.

Hmmm figured I'd start here. Graduating in May, gonna spend my last summer abroad traveling and I want to get a nice, not uber-expensive, but a qualitycamera for documenting my experience. I figure I'll have kids one of these days and I want them to be able to understand the way I saw life the last fewmonths between adolescence and adulthood. I know, sounds ******ed, but it's just one of those things.

That being said... anyone point me in the direction of a recommended camera?

^ pickup a Canon Rebel T1i with kit lens. Set to manual shooting mode. Shoot, shoot, shoot and learn. Helpful links on the original post. Good luck.

Just pulled the trigger on the 17-55.

So when it's time to clean the lens from the dust it acquires, where can I do that at (where-dey-do-dat-at)?

^ Congrats. It's a wonderful lens that I enjoyed with my 40D (both of which have now been passed on to my sis). Pick up a B+W 77mm 010 MRC UV filter andyou won't have to worry about that dust problem. Be sure to get the MRC version and not the cheaper version.

Originally Posted by KL9

So when it's time to clean the lens from the dust it acquires, where can I do that at (where-dey-do-dat-at)?

buy a UV filter and stick it onto the lens when you get it. then you'll never need to clean it. it prevents getting the lens dirty and reduces flare (ifsome flare does occur)
edit:already answered, didnt notice...=/

^ actually cheaper filters won't fully seal a lens, even professional grade lenses. Only higher quality ones do. Also, some cheap filter will actuallyaggravate flare.

Originally Posted by 916shoehead

Originally Posted by KL9

buy a UV filter and stick it onto the lens when you get it. then you'll never need to clean it. it prevents getting the lens dirty and reduces flare (if some flare does occur)
edit:already answered, didnt notice...=/

^ Congrats. It's a wonderful lens that I enjoyed with my 40D (both of which have now been passed on to my sis). Pick up a B+W 77mm 010 MRC UV filter and you won't have to worry about that dust problem. Be sure to get the MRC version and not the cheaper version.
Appreciate it guys.

Now, the thing is, I'll be either picking up the filter either when I'm in Hong Kong OR on Ebay (Maybe Ritz if I have time).

I leave on the 29th and not too sure when it'll arive. I have a 77mm filter right now, but not sure how good it is,
laugh.gif

^ actually cheaper filters won't fully seal a lens, even professional grade lenses. Only higher quality ones do. Also, some cheap filter will actually aggravate flare.

if u wanna talk about it that way then, no lens is prone to the elements unless u never remove your lens to swap out for another. and if thats the case,chances are you'd be using a zoom lens which are more prone to dirt and dust than a fixed lens..

Back
Top Bottom