The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

anyone in here have the nikon 35mm f/1.8?
nerd.gif

if so, how does it compare to the 50mm f/1.8? thinking of buying it at that $200 price tag.

Originally Posted by bl1nk

nerd.gif

if so, how does it compare to the 50mm f/1.8? thinking of buying it at that $200 price tag.

It's an okay lens. I can't compare it to the Nikon 50mm but I can compare it to the Canon Nifty Fifty. The pros....the lens is nice on a cropped frame camera where it isn't too narrow and can be used as an all around lens. It's sharp when it is sharp and for the price, it's a pretty good buy. The cons...I find this lens to not be really fast on focusing and shooting. I've used it on some low lit situations where I needed to be quick on the draw and it didn't perform to my standards. Don't get me wrong, if you use it for stationary shots, the pics can come out really good. But on anything moving, I find it not as useful. Also bokeh is pretty bad. The 50mm has a nicer bokeh to it and as a result, can come out with sharper, nicer pics. But the narrowness of the 50mm lens was always a turnoff to me, so I stuck with the 35mm.

^Mangudai, swapping the bulbs in the gauge cluster is easy as hell. It's the whole taking apart the steering column part to get to the gauge that was difficult.

I was getting frustrated and I just wanted to break the black bezel surrounding the gauge, there's literally no room for you to pull that piece off
30t6p3b.gif
the problem is the steering height adjuster, that thing gets in the way so much.

Just hope your stuff isn't brittle and will take all the bends and what not lol

Well I did fight was a cts center console today without breaking anything so I guess it shouldn't be too hard. There's no easy way to take the adjuster off?

Sorry for going OT ya'll

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Originally Posted by bl1nk

nerd.gif

It's an okay lens. I can't compare it to the Nikon 50mm but I can compare it to the Canon Nifty Fifty. The pros....the lens is nice on a cropped frame camera where it isn't too narrow and can be used as an all around lens. It's sharp when it is sharp and for the price, it's a pretty good buy. The cons...I find this lens to not be really fast on focusing and shooting. I've used it on some low lit situations where I needed to be quick on the draw and it didn't perform to my standards. Don't get me wrong, if you use it for stationary shots, the pics can come out really good. But on anything moving, I find it not as useful. Also bokeh is pretty bad. The 50mm has a nicer bokeh to it and as a result, can come out with sharper, nicer pics. But the narrowness of the 50mm lens was always a turnoff to me, so I stuck with the 35mm.
thanks for the info. yeah i have a d7000 so it would be on a cropped frame. i'm currently borrowing someone's 50mm and was interested in the 35mm because like you, the 50mm is just a little too narrow for my liking. but yeah thanks again for the info, might get it if the funds are right... 

^^^I wonder if the D7000 will make the 35mm better. I use a D90 and it's a okay pairing but I out the lens on a D3000 and had such a hard time with it. I am wondering because of the focus points on the D7000 that the 35mm will actually focus a lot faster.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Well I did fight was a cts center console today without breaking anything so I guess it shouldn't be too hard. There's no easy way to take the adjuster off?

Sorry for going OT ya'll
Here's the most difficult part of the install:

4931420952_cf08d9bc11_z.jpg

But keep in mind that it'll eventually look like this
pimp.gif

Shot with the D90 + 50mm f/1.4

Question- When saving these pictures, what size is best for saving. Im a noob at this and when I load these pictures from my memory card, the file is too big to be uploaded onto facebook. And I dont want to resize it to where it loses its quality.

And what picture program do you guys use to save on the computer?

^ I believe Facebook has a max width of 604. I use Photoshop to re-size.

Anyway, haven't had a chance to shoot anything outside so here's more of my lil Lego photography project:

5265227755_c114e1a948_o.jpg

"A Walk Down Canon Lane"

5265846910_c125b86a38_o.jpg

"Business As Usual"

5265231479_ae9d68400d_o.jpg

"Forever Loyal"

5265230491_6d2fde078b_o.jpg

"Good or Bad?"

5265836130_68e2182f4f_o.jpg

Master vs Apprentice (Episode III + IV duels)

5265228123_3af21b484e_o.jpg

"Feels So Good To Be Bad"

If you're a fan of Legos, I post quite a few of these on my Tumblr: http://oompaoloompa.tumblr.com/
The rest of my pics are on my dedicated photography blog: http://paoloconstantino.com/blog/

Anyone w/ a canon 55-250? Might use it as a 'placeholder' lens to keep me happy til I get the 70-200L

Originally Posted by Rap Sizzle

^ I believe Facebook has a max width of 604. I use Photoshop to re-size.

Anyway, haven't had a chance to shoot anything outside so here's more of my lil Lego photography project:

"A Walk Down Canon Lane"

"Business As Usual"

"Forever Loyal"

5265230491_6d2fde078b_o.jpg

"Good or Bad?"

Master vs Apprentice (Episode III + IV duels)

5265228123_3af21b484e_o.jpg

"Feels So Good To Be Bad"

If you're a fan of Legos, I post quite a few of these on my Tumblr: http://oompaoloompa.tumblr.com/
The rest of my pics are on my dedicated photography blog: http://paoloconstantino.com/blog/

hahha, those 2 are dope
pimp.gif

since rebel xti got stolen after 4 years of having it, i think im going to be moving up. what do you all recomend? im looking into the t2i which is great for what i want to do. mostly shooting maybe a few videos here and there.

Looking to upgrade lenses after Christmas.

I have a D3000, any recommendations for a good lense or fisheye?

2e0puzt.jpg

14awjuv.jpg

What's up NT... i haven't posted in here for ages. I did these as a project for school.The theme of the project was "Tell a Stroy"

So i decided to take these photos of a good friend of mine whose dad passed away before the start of football season,and to honor his dad, he wore his fathers old high school football jersey under his pads for every game.
i never ever photograph people so it was a bit of a learning experience for me... C&C is appreciated

keep up the good work everybody..
getting my 550d grip tomorrow.. been using this thing nonstop.. great camera

btw.. anyone here have a leica m9?

Nice work everyone. Very inspiring... I check out this thread whenever I need to be motivated. I haven't contributed anything yet, so here are a few photos that I took this week...

PC123058.jpg

Pacific Wheel in Santa Monica
PC123036.jpg

Beach in December... The life.
PC153236.jpg

My new lens, great dof on my m 4/3.

----
-Roderick Alan

Back
Top Bottom