The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by adob0

Originally Posted by burstmode7d

some street shots from today, using the 70-200 f/2.8...while driving, 
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

mannnn, i knew i wasn't the only one that did this!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 man, i can't stop! every time i drive, the cam is on my lap ready to go!

here's some b&w:

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

robxdrew - I don't have that lens, nor Canon, but I use a UV filter only to mainly protect the glass it self. If your specially looking for that brand, then thats a good choice, but again there's others that are just as good for half the price.
ChaosTheory Since it's a crop body, the 35mm is an actual 50mm on a D5000. The 50mm is actually a 75-80mm on your D5000. Again it's mostly focal length for the most part, price, and a full frame lens and a non full fram lens. Did you get confused by the 1.5 part?
Yeah.. & I was kinda confused about the full frame vs non full frame.  So if I already have a 55-108mm on my d5000.. would it be pointless to get the 50mm?  I kinda just want a lighter/general lense that I could use for everyday photography..

some sick shots btw.. feeling the window one
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

robxdrew - I don't have that lens, nor Canon, but I use a UV filter only to mainly protect the glass it self. If your specially looking for that brand, then thats a good choice, but again there's others that are just as good for half the price.
ChaosTheory Since it's a crop body, the 35mm is an actual 50mm on a D5000. The 50mm is actually a 75-80mm on your D5000. Again it's mostly focal length for the most part, price, and a full frame lens and a non full fram lens. Did you get confused by the 1.5 part?
Yeah.. & I was kinda confused about the full frame vs non full frame.  So if I already have a 55-108mm on my d5000.. would it be pointless to get the 50mm?  I kinda just want a lighter/general lense that I could use for everyday photography..
it wouldn't be pointless to get a 50mm, especially the f/1.8. the speed, the sharpness, and the depth of field alone justifies having this lens. i've got some L lenses on my canon body, but when push comes to shove, i always reach for the 50. it honestly taught me how to frame and compose images instead of always leaning on the zoom. plus, the 50 f/1.8 isn't really expensive in terms of lenses...i say go for it. i used it straight for over a year as my everyday lens and i made it work...you can too bro.

Originally Posted by DeNs415

ekon, what mode were you shooting in? I'm assuming no flash right?
Yup, shot in Manual, no flash.
Originally Posted by dream5hift

Nice pics ekon one! Were you right up front? Can't wait to get the t2i now. Trying to get rid of my d40.
Thanks! Yup I started with the d40 as my first cam and I've had the T2i since summer. Great camera

Originally Posted by adob0

ekon: seems like you were right on the front row, i'd love to do concert stuff...but no acts that i'd like to shoot ever come down my neck of the woods lol
Yup was right across the barricade, had Mos Def looking right down the lens in a few shots, was awesome. I'm gonna upload some other concert pics I've taken this year in a few minutes as well. 

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by 2morrowbegins2day

Hi NT Photographers, I'm looking to get in this photo-clan with you guys. What is a good beginner DSLR? peeps told me t2i or t3i... i'm confused as to which i should get. Thanks !
get the t2i unless you care about an articulating screen.
That's  about the major difference. And if you're buying a T2i or T3i, you more than likely will not care about wireless flash(or you'd be buying the faster 60D or 7D).  
Either one will do. I started with a T2i. I liked it, but I wanted to do faster shots and I needed to be able to change ISO's, Aperture, etc on the fly without going into a menu setting. I'm keeping the 60D and soon looking to get a 5D III. It really just depend on what you're shooting.

Thanks Brosephs!

Originally Posted by DC ShoeDon

Originally Posted by presequel

Originally Posted by 2morrowbegins2day

Hi NT Photographers, I'm looking to get in this photo-clan with you guys. What is a good beginner DSLR? peeps told me t2i or t3i... i'm confused as to which i should get. Thanks !
get the t2i unless you care about an articulating screen.
That's  about the major difference. And if you're buying a T2i or T3i, you more than likely will not care about wireless flash(or you'd be buying the faster 60D or 7D).  
Either one will do. I started with a T2i. I liked it, but I wanted to do faster shots and I needed to be able to change ISO's, Aperture, etc on the fly without going into a menu setting. I'm keeping the 60D and soon looking to get a 5D III. It really just depend on what you're shooting.

Thanks Brosephs!

Originally Posted by burstmode7d

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

it wouldn't be pointless to get a 50mm, especially the f/1.8. the speed, the sharpness, and the depth of field alone justifies having this lens. i've got some L lenses on my canon body, but when push comes to shove, i always reach for the 50. it honestly taught me how to frame and compose images instead of always leaning on the zoom. plus, the 50 f/1.8 isn't really expensive in terms of lenses...i say go for it. i used it straight for over a year as my everyday lens and i made it work...you can too bro.
Yeah.. the 50mm price is definitely pretty good.  I didn't really mean pointless, but was just thinking it would be repetitive maybe? Don't really know.. that's why i was asking.  Think I'm just going to take my camera into the store and try it on myself and be prepared to either pay more for the 35mm or just grab the 50mm. 

These were taken in Australia on New Years Day at Field Day in Sydney. Awesome concert! Australians were definitely some of the friendliest people, I'm trying to move there for work once I'm done with graduation. There was a great line-up, but I came late to Field Day and was only able to see the last half of the concert.

5617812453_7786661103_b.jpg

5618397152_7fd1447b5b_b.jpg

5617812485_0401410076_b.jpg

Sleigh Bells <3

5617813041_9f51e89d81_b.jpg

5618397268_6392e43eb0_b.jpg

5617812559_bb2dc3c646_b.jpg

PUBLIC ENEMY
5618397786_e04a999c79_b.jpg

5617812937_0afcf8f12d_b.jpg

5617813107_376d27faf5_b.jpg

5617813081_cfaec70f85_b.jpg

5618397358_b3c24c9d64_b.jpg

5618397320_8c0e99251a_b.jpg

Chuck D

5617812993_d107e866bd_b.jpg

5618397506_8030d2f26b_b.jpg

Flavor Flav

5617812905_d1ed1cab19_b.jpg

5617812755_e0bab4cc0b_b.jpg

5617812841_5919966a19_b.jpg

NT let me know what you guys think of the pics!

bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I'm looking to grab a 7D and maybe keep my T2i also.

I want both so I can tripod one and free roam the other when doing video.

Woulda 7D at $1,300 be a good deal?

I am realizing my photography is getting capped off. I was in SD the past 5 days and I swear I didn't get one interesting photo and I feel like I don't know how to shoot with a straight lens.

sun-diego-11.jpg

More fisheye....

sun-diego-1.jpg

And an airplane photo cause I like airplane photos.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

I'm looking to grab a 7D and maybe keep my T2i also.

I want both so I can tripod one and free roam the other when doing video.

Woulda 7D at $1,300 be a good deal?
sounds good, the prices have dropped but 1300 for a 7D is good stuff.

anyway, here's some shots from last night. beautiful day in NYC and walked from delancey to 42nd:

and an iphone shot from the brooklyn botanical garden:

Originally Posted by robxdrew

Much appreciation Rolo. What would be the other brands that you would suggest? I'm not only looking into Hoya specifically. 

Dope shots as always btw. 
pimp.gif

Question for anyone that shoots with a Tammy 17-50 mm non-vc Canon lens or shoots with a filter or circular polarizer in general.

Do you guys suggest shooting with a UV filter with the lens? I'm thinking of getting one to protect the lens but I'm not sure what I should get. I was looking at Hoyas but I'm wondering if there were any cheaper alternatives. 

Much appreciation for any help guys. 

EDIT: I'm willing to hear everyone else's suggestions as well. 

Back
Top Bottom