The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Curious to what you guys think of this... Probably extra vanilla in terms of photography but it was one of the more 'artsy' pics I took borrowing my uncles Canon Xs on my trip to Austria and Germany last week...

This joint worth being proud of?
laugh.gif
I was basically just trying to stay on manual mode and use ISO changing to get lighting right the whole trip... Ended up with 700 photos.

bay are NT'ers, if you are in the area, swing by this. it promises to be a good show. i will be in town helping out with the event.

nvs2f6.jpg

Curious to what you guys think of this... Probably extra vanilla in terms of photography but it was one of the more 'artsy' pics I took borrowing my uncles Canon Xs on my trip to Austria and Germany last week...

This joint worth being proud of?
laugh.gif
I was basically just trying to stay on manual mode and use ISO changing to get lighting right the whole trip... Ended up with 700 photos.
the photo looks ok bro. lighting seems cool, but i think you could have composed this a little bit different. your focus seems to be on the foam inside the cup and i want my eyes to go there, but the blurred out cards in the bright orange is a bit distracting. i'm not sure what you wanted us to pay attention to...my eyes are drawn to the cup but i'm distracted by the cards. maybe bring the cup to the right a little bit, but i do like how you kept the cup non-centered. honestly, just keep shooting and you'll get the hang of it man. good luck.

Hey guys...

I have a project for work coming up and I'm tasked with taking office portraits for my sales team.

I have all the equipment needed except for a backdrop/background. My question is this:

What's the most cost effective way to make/find a backdrop? I remember someone mentioning getting fabric from Johan's or any art/fabric store. Is there a way to create a makeshift stand? Are there any materials that I should look for?

The shoot is tomorrow... any help would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Day 1 and 2 with my new gripped T2i.. Feels good coming from a D50... 
So much more I can do... 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0417.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

And.. what I saw walking around.. Old asian with young asian wife? 
pimp.gif

IMG_0450.jpg

Question for all you enthusiasts:

I am traveling abroad in July and I am looking to upgrade my P&S Canon SD750. My budget is ~$500, and I am interested in a MFT system because of its size (relatively small compared to DSLR). I have narrowed it down to:

Intro.jpg

Canon G12($505),

front-001.jpg

Olympus PEN E-PL2 ($553),

panasonic-lx5-camera.jpg

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 ($449),

front-001.jpg

Olympus XZ-1 ($498), and

Intro-001.jpg

the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 ($599).
(I understand that some of these are compact and not MFT systems (I think
ohwell.gif
), but these are the ones that have caught my eye). The manual controls on the G12 are a little intimidating as I have never really gotten into photography, but I am a pretty quick learner. Basically, which of these will provide me with the most bang for my buck? And is the $150 price difference between the GF2 ($599 on amazon) over the LX5 ($450) worth it?

^ have u looked into the canon s95? pretty much the same cam as g12 but smaller, cheaper, and faster apeture lens

^skip to about 2:25 for comparison

Back
Top Bottom