The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Thanks for the input and feedback bros.

Here is my 4th of July pics, all handheld with the 35L...didn't really prep with a tripod or better lense...lol

And some of my fam on the lawn

Great shots Fong!

Ok guise. I went and opted for the t3i instead of the t3 or the Nikon.

I'm loving this thing, but I work all weekend until Tuesday so I haven't really gotten a chance to mess around with it fully yet.

And suggestions on what starter gear I should get? All I have is the camera, kit lens, and memory card

As a beginner you have everything you need with that kit lens. Just go out there and start shooting. Look for composition obviously. Do you have any photo editing software?

I think the kit lens is somewhat underrated but nowhere near the level of a good zoom or prime. The only other thing I would recommend getting is a good tripod. Once you start learning and getting the hang of things, start saving up for the 35mm l lens. The 50mm 1.4 is pretty bad *** too :tongue:

Great shots Fong!

Ok guise. I went and opted for the t3i instead of the t3 or the Nikon.

I'm loving this thing, but I work all weekend until Tuesday so I haven't really gotten a chance to mess around with it fully yet.

And suggestions on what starter gear I should get? All I have is the camera, kit lens, and memory card

As a beginner you have everything you need with that kit lens. Just go out there and start shooting. Look for composition obviously. Do you have any photo editing software?

Yeah. Since I'm a web developer I already have photoshop. But I also have Lightroom now. Not too sure how to use it though.

Fong - those bridges shots from battery spencer? I need to get up there one of these days when it's foggy

Really loving the X20. If anyone is looking for a nice point & shoot and possibly a backup to their DSLR, I highly recommend it.

Yeah. Since I'm a web developer I already have photoshop. But I also have Lightroom now. Not too sure how to use it though.

Lightroom is very powerful if you shoot in raw and it's my main go to for editing. I don't mess with photoshop much mainly because I don't know how to use it yet :lol: except for making my watermark but just youtube it like Whatcanisay said and you should be good. Can get some really nice effects with LR4

I'm debating on getting a full frame nikon or selling all my gear and buying a full frame canon once I save up more money.

off topic-how do you guys quote multiple posts at once like PRIME did on this page? lol I can't figure it out besides multi quoting each post. Is there an easier method?

Last edited:
Fong - those bridges shots from battery spencer? I need to get up there one of these days when it's foggy

Yup. That is the spot. Really one of those tourist spots that is really worth going to. Pictures whether on camera phone or whatever always look cook.

I am sure this has been discussed before but can anyone suggest any polarizing filter? I am looking through B&H and I can't tell what from what. I know my Golden Gate Bridge photos could have been that much better if I used one and any of my daytime photos for that matter. Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom