The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Did my first engagement shoot yesterday. Happy with most of the results.

congrats fam, but did you turn up the clarity/sharpness slider to the max?

and investing in a reflector can help with the harsh lighting/bright outdoors

Ksteezy... What did you use before your upgrade to that expensive *** camera? I remember u was selling your old joint on here before,

I sell DSLRs on Craigslist for $300-$700 you saying stay away?

my journey to where im at today (which btw im still climbing that steep slope in this field) started 4-5 years ago bro, is really not something that happens over night, i first started with a rebel xti and a tamron 28-75mm, rocked that for a while, started buying a bunch of cheap lenses which gladly i was able to sell back so i didnt lose much money, but if this is something you want to do for the long run i suggest invest wisely, dont go crazy buying cheap lenses, just get yourself started with an entry level dslr like a t3i or something like that, get a good walk around lense, the 28-75 tamron and 50mm 1.4 are great to start off, the tamron will give you more flexibility, alweays shoot manual even if at first you suck, just stick with it, eventually with gain knowledge and understanding of your camera, uyoull develop a style and will know which lenses suit you best, only then should you consider dropping that crazy guap on glass, once you have a good lense that suits your shooting preference you might consider upgrading bodies, just keep in mind glass >>>>> body...but most important figuring out how and what you want to shoot.

Did my first engagement shoot yesterday. Happy with most of the results.

congrats fam, but did you turn up the clarity/sharpness slider to the max?

and investing in a reflector can help with the harsh lighting/bright outdoors
Its actually the Adobe RGB color profile thats causing that. The Standard RGB is less vibrant, but I like this look better.

Here are a few images from my recent trip, they aren't as exiting as my others ...

Paris Est Train Station

Fontaine Saint-Michel

Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile Stairs

Side building of the Louvre museum

I have no clue

Last edited:
Not sure if this counts, but some stills from a short film i directed this weekend. "Moonlight Sonata"

Best Buy has the nikon 3100 and two lenses (18-55, 55-200) for $499. thoughts on if its a good deal or should i just save for a 3200 or t3i?

hell naw that doesn't count .. lmao

but really, was the short film with the camera? why not post it? 

These are rough stills, the actual film still has to be color corrected and a final edit done. I WILL POST WHEN FINISHED.

:smokin

It was shot on the RED One camera.

Last edited:
the 24L is the type of lense you can take on vacay and wont need anything else, the sharpness, colors, IQ, range is just sweet, gives shots such a dynamic feel, Im going to Miami and just like i did last year going to Hawaii, the 24L is all im packing.

anyways updated the blog with a new wedding if any of you in the mood to see...

http://elkincardonaphotography.com/blog/?p=6105

I went to amazon and there is so many 24 L lens, how do you know what to choose? Ans do they fit any dslr?

I went to amazon and there is so many 24 L lens, how do you know what to choose? Ans do they fit any dslr?
I'm 100% sure you don't know what you want.

Please sit back, take a deep breath and read a little about DSLR's.

You will be highly disappointed with a 24L and it's not because is a bad lens, but rather a very limited and somewhat specialty lens.

To answer your question - there are two type of 24L (V. 1 and V. 2) besides that there's the manufactor date and lastly the wear and treatment someone has giving it (if used). Besides these, there are no other differences.

They fit both type of Canon DSLR's (Crop body and Full Frame) so in that regards you will be ok. 

However, you need to specify what are you interested in shooting and do a bit of research ...

I'm 100% sure you don't know what you want.

Please sit back, take a deep breath and read a little about DSLR's.

You will be highly disappointed with a 24L and it's not because is a bad lens, but rather a very limited and somewhat specialty lens.

To answer your question - there are two type of 24L (V. 1 and V. 2) besides that there's the manufactor date and lastly the wear and treatment someone has giving it (if used). Besides these, there are no other differences.

They fit both type of Canon DSLR's (Crop body and Full Frame) so in that regards you will be ok. 

However, you need to specify what are you interested in shooting and do a bit of research ...

Would like to start off shooting outfits of the day for IG, then go from there,,,, is there a certain article on page 1 I should check out?

Would like to start off shooting outfits of the day for IG, then go from there,,,, is there a certain article on page 1 I should check out?
I don't even know what to say to that  ... I guess the 24L would be good for low light (indoors) and the proximity to view you are needing, but the price is not justify for your wants IMHO. 

Even for landscape I would explore other means as it would be shot close vices wide open.

I suppose for weddings it will be good as it can perform in low light and tight spaces, so I can see the need there but for you NO!

I really don't know what to recommend. If I was you and wanted to do just that, I would look into a crop body and a 10-22mm lens. Keeping it around 15 (24mm FF) and it would go up too 22mm (35mm FF) and it be cheaper until I get the hang of stuff!

But that's just me .... others might look at me crazy ...

Last edited:
Trying to get back into the swing of shooting with this d5100 i got a year ago a barely use it. I got all of cs6 and gonna learn to use it, but for now a simple iphoto edit.

Last edited:
Random post but we all introduced ourselves on the first day of class here and teacher had asked us what we wanted to do.
In my English class I kid you not about 6 people said they were going to school to be a photographer :x

I guess the only benefit of that is connections.

Random post but we all introduced ourselves on the first day of class here and teacher had asked us what we wanted to do.
In my English class I kid you not about 6 people said they were going to school to be a photographer :x

I guess the only benefit of that is connections.

Being a photographer is just so much more easier then it used to be. I can see how it people would want to do it as a profession. Unfortunately doing it and making a decent coin is another thing. The only way to really make money in the digital world is shooting weddings. Being a commercial photographer is still pretty hard to be.

Ive been lurking niketalk for a few years now, started in jordan brand, now mainly in general, this thread has always caught my attention and always loved seeing what ya'll can capture, thought id add a few things of mine over time, after i get the hang of this forum.. . . .i shoot with a nikon d5100, and a 50mm 1.8.

Last dude was at the renaissance festival here in florida, a beard competition^ lol......

What kind of backpacks y'all got to haul your camera/gear around.
Bought this for my recent trip and I was very pleased. Of course this was meant for on the go and travel light (can't fit all my gear). Camera with lens, plus extra lens and flash and tablet. Also had the chargers extra cables and UV filter.

Last edited:
What kind of backpacks y'all got to haul your camera/gear around.

I ordered this Lowepro shoulder bag a couple days ago, still waiting for it to come in so I can't vouch for how comfortable/useful it is:

Amazon product ASIN B0036AWR8E
I just started taking photos recently after getting my D3200, I'm still very much a novice at this, don't even know how to properly adjust aperture/shutter speed and such. I've got the setting on aperture priority and took a few photos in the backyard today, this one was my favorite of my dog:

(it looks much better once it's clicked on rather than the preview that NT makes available). Doesn't look very good having posted it on here, much better on Flickr itself. I'll skim through the thread to figure out how to properly post images from Flickr to here.

Last edited:
I ordered this Lowepro shoulder bag a couple days ago, still waiting for it to come in so I can't vouch for how comfortable/useful it is:

Amazon product ASIN B0036AWR8E
I just started taking photos recently after getting my D3200, I'm still very much a novice at this, don't even know how to properly adjust aperture/shutter speed and such. I've got the setting on aperture priority and took a few photos in the backyard today, this one was my favorite of my dog:

(it looks much better once it's clicked on rather than the preview that NT makes available).
I use it's bigger brother, the LowePro 302 AW:

Amazon product ASIN B0036AYTWG
Love the bag but as I got more gear and stuffed it, the harder it was to carry everything with all of the added weight.

Headed out to Italy for the first time next month and was/am still debating on which "travel" bag to get since I'll just limit myself to the body and 24-70 and the 50mm instead of trying to bring everything.

I ordered the LowePro Event Messenger 250 to see how well it would fit my needs for a more "casual" bag.

Amazon product ASIN B009GYIJPY

Back
Top Bottom