The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Bklyn on that rebel status....I didn't know taking pics at an airport could get you in trouble.

Bklyn on that rebel status....I didn't know taking pics at an airport could get you in trouble.
Its only a problem when the photos are taken in the area of operations, I guess for anti terrorism reasons.

Kal that ring looking chunky! :smokin

DRN good stuff with the wedding photos, hope to reach that level one day.
fong those Chicago pics are epic!

shot this in austin, i have no idea what I'm doing.
teach me things

Recommend me a tripod in the $150-$200 range?

I'm looking at the Manfrotto Befree but I'm just trying to see if there are any others out there worth looking at. I like that the Befree is travel, but at the same time, does that sacrifice sturdiness?

Camera I'm using is a D7100 w/grip and 17-55. I'm hoping it's not too heavy for the 8.8lbs limit for the Befree.

^^^I am almost fine that tripod should be good. I have the cheapest Manfroto below and it works decent for my Mark 2 and I am sure my camera is heavier then yours. Although I am going to get a new tripod soon since I hate the head of the tripod and how it locks.

^^^^Nice dude.

Was trying to shoot some self portrait pics of myself for a blog that I will be a part of. Actually it's pretty hard taking pics of yourself and being satisfied. This was an outtake of me just testing how fire would look as a natural light. I am either going to use this or another one that I shot.

selfie-1.jpg

It's been a minute since I've been in this thread. Most of my pics have been going into instagram. Gonna try and post some in here.

Fong, I've been trying to look for your blog for the longest and finally found it. Good stuff!

You were born in '93?!

Fong, I've been trying to look for your blog for the longest and finally found it. Good stuff!

You were born in '93?!

Thanks man. And no. Born in '81. Mad old in these parts now. I was trying to just add some wordplay on my blog for no apparent reason.

Nice Benssick! That should make for a nice shooting subject.

Last edited:
^ I've heard good things about those cheap Rokinon / Vivitar lenses. Only bad thing is that they're manual lenses, so no AF. Should be useful for video though.

I rented a 70-200 2.8L IS II this weekend to shoot a local drifting event. Didn't end up shooting as much as I wanted cause it was freezing cold, and raining all day. The lens is pretty damn heavy so it was tough handling it when I couldn't feel my hands. Still managed to get some ok shots. Not sure if I OD'd on the post processing though...

10664630384_54f12eed59_o.jpg

10664618806_42c31b6457_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hod
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom