The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Got some mail today. 

Don't even talk to me anymore.

nthat.gif

Photo software is never expensive as long as you know where to get it. :wink:

But people use at most Lightroom or Photoshop. I am not even sure what else is out there.

I use Lightroom but I'm thinking about switching to Photo Ninja. I know a lot of the more "serious" photographers use that. Their rendering of RAW files is better than Lightroom at times.

its March and we are still getting snow in Indiana :smh:

Anyone know where i can find a free/inexpensive download to LR?

^^^Yup. Got two of them and thought I'd get into external flash but realized I wanted to shoot more outdoor flash and need a damn strobe. the little that I used it though, I found it to be solid. None misfired and everything seemed to be normal anyways. Good flashes though and especially the price. I might even get a 3rd one and get the bracket and do all 3 at one time.

^^ awesome to know. I'm already w/ the cam but I am a flash noob. Didn't want to really purchase anything elaborate before I knew what I was doing.

Trying to create studio lighting makes me so frustrated. Anyone wanna post vids or links they found most helpful?

Also what's your setup looking like for lights? Confused to what I need to create some great product shots. All I had before they just broke were these 2 weak CowboyStudio lights without umbrellas or anything. Literally just on stands and the bulb exposed. 
tired.gif

Going to purchase the 28mm f/1.8G to replace my 35mm f/1.8G DX. Preparing for the war. Now that I am more knowledgeable of gear and know what I really want, the 35mm won't be for me once I upgrade to a full frame body. Gotta find the best way to part with my kit lens, 35mm, and 55-200. I don't even use my 55-200 because it doesn't fit with my style of shooting. Next up is getting a D600/610 and then the 70-200 f/2.8 VR II. Any suggestions on getting rid of these?

Im self taught, wouldn't have done it any different if I could, it all started with a silver xTi I purchased off Amazon....can't believe how far I've taken myself and the people I've met.

Going to purchase the 28mm f/1.8G to replace my 35mm f/1.8G DX. Preparing for the war. Now that I am more knowledgeable of gear and know what I really want, the 35mm won't be for me once I upgrade to a full frame body. Gotta find the best way to part with my kit lens, 35mm, and 55-200. I don't even use my 55-200 because it doesn't fit with my style of shooting. Next up is getting a D600/610 and then the 70-200 f/2.8 VR II. Any suggestions on getting rid of these?

Nice. Yeah, I'd pick the 28mm 1.8 over the 35 1.8 any day. What's your style of shooting? How is the 70-200 going to be any different from your 55-200? I'm just curious as to see if you have an idea of why you want that certain lens.

---

Just some random shots from today testing out my 18mm f/2.

Blog updated.

http://gbrldz.com

Nice. Yeah, I'd pick the 28mm 1.8 over the 35 1.8 any day. What's your style of shooting? How is the 70-200 going to be any different from your 55-200? I'm just curious as to see if you have an idea of why you want that certain lens.

I like to shoot as wide open as possible. I shoot portraits and the 55-200 isn't a constant aperture like the 2.8. I think at 200 it's 5.6. As of right now I find myself using the 85mm alot for portraits but I do get into situations where moving back and forth all the time becomes a pain in the neck.

I like to shoot as wide open as possible. I shoot portraits and the 55-200 isn't a constant aperture like the 2.8. I think at 200 it's 5.6. As of right now I find myself using the 85mm alot for portraits but I do get into situations where moving back and forth all the time becomes a pain in the neck.

Sweet. Yeah, you'd love the 70-200. Good luck getting one! Primes for life, though!! haha

Awesome. First tip for you is to keep the subject of your shots obvious. With all the shoes scattered about and the shallow focus on the black shoe in the middle, I'm relatively sure thats the subject of the picture. However, all the shoes scattered about makes my eyes wander the frame.

Keep at it! Photography is an awesome hobby..good luck 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Awesome. First tip for you is to keep the subject of your shots obvious. With all the shoes scattered about and the shallow focus on the black shoe in the middle, I'm relatively sure thats the subject of the picture. However, all the shoes scattered about makes my eyes wander the frame.

Keep at it! Photography is an awesome hobby..good luck :nthat:  

dope, this is how the in my mind the best version of the interconnected networks of the interwebs would function! to piggyback on that, you should ask yourself with every picture; what is it you are trying to capture? what is it you want to show? and i really believe the best advice for anyone getting into photography is to learn how a camera (preferably the one you use) works. it will help you understand how to get the type of images you want with consistency...

No kicks for me for a while. Grabbed this today.

Gotta get like my fellow NT brethren. Lol!

Now to dive into this manual. Lol!

1st 3 shots. I think they are ok, no Getty tho. Lol!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom