The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

ksteezy ksteezy

Why'd you return the 100L? I was looking at investing in that lens.

Nothing wrong with the lense bro, I love it, just couldn't justify the purchase at the moment since I'm spending money on other more important things and I already have a set of ext tubes which are pretty great paired up with the 50L...the lense is awesome tho bro.

ksteezy ksteezy

Sweet. I'll be picking one up pretty soon then.

On another note, how's the 50L? I really need a 50 in my life and the new Sigma is getting rave reviews again. I've heard some people say the 50L is their favorite lens and others say it's tough to work with. Idk if that's cause of the 1.2 or what.

Just some randoms I shot with the Zeiss yesterday. Nothing professional just messing around with it to get a feel of it. I like how smooth the bokeh is. Might consider getting one. On another note I'm liking the 6D so far!

most any camera you buy these days will be capable of producing nice images, with part of the question(s) being how easy/hard it is & under what circumstances is it able to get those nice images from the camera? looking at the specs it has a relatively large-ish sensor (relative to its size & what is typical for point & shoot cameras) but the aperture (the maximum size of the opening that allows light to that sensor) starts at a mediocre f3.2, meaning if you be shooting in situation where the lighting isn't ideal you may get a bunch of blurry and/or noisey pictures? it really depends on what your expectations of and what you want to do with this camera? like it probably won't get you the BEST pictures but they should be much better than what you'd get from your phone...

Thanks for the response. Wish I new what the f3.2 was before purchasing. I'm not regretting it but that's something I would have looked at when searching.

So far I've learned what the histogram is used for, and what the ISO, aperture, shutter speed does. Coworker has been teaching me some things. Need to get some practice in. Hopefully by year's in I can get a DSLR.

ksteezy ksteezy

Sweet. I'll be picking one up pretty soon then.

On another note, how's the 50L? I really need a 50 in my life and the new Sigma is getting rave reviews again. I've heard some people say the 50L is their favorite lens and others say it's tough to work with. Idk if that's cause of the 1.2 or what.

50L is a must have in any Photog trying to make a living out of this bro, but my favorite lense EVER is the 24L II I can literally shoot anything with it....love it.

Took these of my niece, had her for 2 days, the day I have my own child my camera will be abused...lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the response. Wish I new what the f3.2 was before purchasing. I'm not regretting it but that's something I would have looked at when searching.

So far I've learned what the histogram is used for, and what the ISO, aperture, shutter speed does. Coworker has been teaching me some things. Need to get some practice in. Hopefully by year's in I can get a DSLR.

honestly i think that is probably fairly standard for point & shoot cameras, for larger apertures you would likely have to come out those pockets more and/or buy used...it is definitely good to know the what all that stuff does though, helps to understand how to get what you want because as much as great as the technologies, lenses, & cameras are they are just tools...

just copped a nikon d600 anyone knows where to get good lens for cheap, i'm a beginner to this..... help me put out, some editing programs to use etc.... thanks yall

50L is a must have in any Photog trying to make a living out of this bro, but my favorite lense EVER is the 24L II I can literally shoot anything with it....love it.

Took these of my niece, had her for 2 days, the day I have my own child my camera will be abused...lol

bruh which prog are you using to edit your photos?

ksteezy ksteezy

Yo, those are some great shots man. It's crazy that you edited them with Snapseed. And I was looking up those eyefi cards; they are not too badly priced. I might have to pick one up. I like the ability to edit right there on your phone after you capture something. That's great for everyday use and for events and what not.

Thanks for the feedback on the 50L and 24L bro. Those are two lenses I've been fiending for. Ever since I picked up the 135L and 35L, I've wanted to get my primes lenses up to par and avoid the zooms. I do use the 70-200 2.8 IS II often but I'd rather avoid having to get the 24-70 and 16-35 unless I really need to :rolleyes

I was able to get access to media credentials to cover the San Antonio Scorpions here in town for the season. Here are a few shots from their first home game on April 12th.

Last edited:
Why was I not aware there were Wi-Fi SD cards? That's insane. How long have those available? Any problems with them?

Back
Top Bottom