The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Preparing for my first paying job today, wish me luck!

That's some serious gear you got there. Congrats on the job!

^congrats & good luck bro!!

^^tried to go out to get some flicks of the meteor shower, i went out to this spot in the sticks but I couldn't see anything and it was wild dark...so I jetted

some randoms:

"chest heaving/against the flesh of the evening" by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Bravo. This one is my favorite out of the ones you posted.

I think you will get much better results
Took a break from the gritty city yesterday:

14053501699_19b642a99c_c.jpg
I love this photo and the tones but feel like those out of focus plants just distract and draw attention away from what an awesome picture. They take up way to much of the pic! Just some honest feedback!

^congrats & good luck bro!!

^^tried to go out to get some flicks of the meteor shower, i went out to this spot in the sticks but I couldn't see anything and it was wild dark...so I jetted

some randoms:

shadowboxing: Fuzhou after dark by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

"chest heaving/against the flesh of the evening" by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

revisited: all of the lights by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

A bridge in china by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

scene: Fuzhou crosswalk by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

ILL

From a recent trip to NY.

madness!! great image, don't think i would be brave enough to get that close! kinda wish there was a bit more contrast as it is difficult to see his hands and some things blending into each other, but some detail would maybe be lost...

Did some research and narrowed my choices down to the Nikon D 3200/3300 and the D5200. This will be my first DSLR and reviews suggest the D3xxx series to be the best for beginners but I really like the flip screens on the D5xxx series. Any good places to find used and refurb Nikons under warranty?

Did some research and narrowed my choices down to the Nikon D 3200/3300 and the D5200. This will be my first DSLR and reviews suggest the D3xxx series to be the best for beginners but I really like the flip screens on the D5xxx series. Any good places to find used and refurb Nikons under warranty?

When I was buying a DSLR, I was going to get the D3100. The flipscreen made the difference for me and I got the D5100. I think another feature the D3100 lacked was a mic input for video. Love the flipscreen for sneaker shots and practicing shots on myself. Comes in very handy

Messing with some new font since I'm trying to come up with a new watermark. I'm working on coming up with a new logo.

That red is just :x I can't seem to get the shade to look softer.

Last edited:
I noticed.

It was rushed, my battery was dying. Lol.
fix it in Post ... Easy.

#true, @BigSlim773 haha my battery life is horrendous, so i pretty much always grab a spare if i know i might spend some time getting snaps so if i the battery goes out or i forget to charge, i'm good...though its always better to use the full resolution of the camera i cropped your image down a few ways for different compositions, i hope you don't mind that i PS'd your image (i od'd on the contrast and still not straight...)

cropped out the sides, made B&W

cropped wide to just the lower 3rd to focus on the light trails (and pumped up the contrast!!!)

cropped to just the center to focus on the building in the background

obviously there are almost infinite other ways to edit any image, just some options to think about...#sidebar i can't wait until big cities switch over to more efficient led lightning, the orange cast of city lights is always jarring to me

#true, @BigSlim773 haha my battery life is horrendous, so i pretty much always grab a spare if i know i might spend some time getting snaps so if i the battery goes out or i forget to charge, i'm good...though its always better to use the full resolution of the camera i cropped your image down a few ways for different compositions, i hope you don't mind that i PS'd your image (i od'd on the contrast and still not straight...)

cropped out the sides, made B&W

cropped wide to just the lower 3rd to focus on the light trails (and pumped up the contrast!!!)

cropped to just the center to focus on the building in the background

obviously there are almost infinite other ways to edit any image, just some options to think about...#sidebar i can't wait until big cities switch over to more efficient led lightning, the orange cast of city lights is always jarring to me

Its all good man, i need all the pointer is can get. This is the total learning experience for me. i like those edits.

I was on my back up battery, my primary had died earlier in the day. Lol! I was headed back to the car and i looked and said oh S___ this would be a dope shot to catch some light trails. But at that time of the day in chicago on a sunday, traffic is really light so very few cars passed by.

(img)link(/img)

replace parentheses with brackets.

uncheck import images box on the bottom right.

Back
Top Bottom