The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Per SlickDeals: Canon Rebel T3 12MP + 18-55mm IS II Lens + Pixma Pro-100 Printer + 50 sheets 13x19 paper + 16GB SD Card + Lowepro bag $233 FS AR @ Adorama
This is another entry in Adorama's onslaught of Canon camera + printer bundles this weekend. The T3 is Canon's lowest end DSLR and has already been replaced by its successor in the T5, but at $233 AR WITH LENS this is an incredible deal and gets you a working DSLR combination for the price of many compact point-and-shoot cameras! This makes for a perfect second, backup body or a gift to a beginner photographer.

1. Add the Canon Rebel T3 + Lens Kit [adorama.com] to cart.
(It's better to actually get this bundle [adorama.com] as it includes a Lowepro TLZ-25 bag and a 16GB Lexar SD card. Thanks cocoslover.)
2. Add Pixma Pro-100 Printer [adorama.com] to cart.
3. The 50 sheets of 13x19 Semi-Gloss paper will automatically be added to cart and so will a discount.

Total ends up $633, and after the $400 rebate, should be $233 with free shipping.

nice shots, kinda wish these were in color though or in kept b&w maybe if they were even closer in or maybe getttng more of your og in the frame? (torso, or like a portrait shot) only because these are more or less the same framing (i imagine logistics of photographing someone welding a knife probably doesn't make composing a picture easy though)

yeah i shouldve done some portrait shots but i wanted to focus on the hands. still got lots to learn lol. i appreciate the feedback.

not that you should have, it was just a thought i had looking at the pictures...yea there is always something to learn, the other day while biking, i came across these cats practicing tumbling moves for free running/parkour and took a few burst shots; while they looked ok on their own #todayilearned you could have photoshop stack & automatically align images, and spent about an hour or so doing this...

probably doesn't totally work and its not nearly as clean as it needs to be, but i can see some potential uses for this technique...

also got to shoot more with these wide angle lenses:

pleasure bay by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

off duty by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

color shift by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

picture of plants[emoji]8482[/emoji] by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

_DSC3225.jpg by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

a somewhat short, somewhat funny (or sad) story about this last one, the above beach happens to be in the path of an airport, so a bunch of planes fly over and i was trying to get a shot directly under the plane...i had just taken this pic, and my memory card was full, so i'm sitting on a park bench with my headphones on next to my bicycle pouring through the images on the card trying to decide which ones i can delete to for space, when these 2 women stop to look at my bicycle for like 10 seconds are talking to me about it, only i don't hear them (headphones) nor am i paying attention (scrolling through images) eventually they notice that i ain't heard nan' thing they said, one then gets my attention, smiles flirtatiously, strikes a pose and says "take my picture" but i still don't have any space on the card and i trying to get this other pic and without any thought or hesitation i say "i can't right now" and go back scanning for images to delete, she pauses for a second i imagine somewhat perplexed and then walks off with her friend...i never even got the shot i was making space for...#fail #iwasntready #missedmackingopportunity #whatwasithinking #sheprobablyhadkidsanyway

Last edited:
^Amazing images once again! The sky is just beautiful, love how you captured it also. About the store oh man perfect opportunity to get a #. I would've just pretended to take a photo and say my battery just died if she asked to see it lol.

Wish I shot more this weekend. Pride regardless of the politics is just really has some interesting content. Only caught this while heading somewhere.

unicorn-1.jpg
unicorn-2.jpg

Wish I got this better in frame without the shoes and hands cut off. Way to packed when this happened.

Last edited:
I think I wanna start shooting some bitties a la Van styles steez, natural light only as long as shorty is hot, she can make a dumpster look cool....need to find some young hipster aspiring models....is ModelMayhem any good?...used to be up on it ages ago...

I think I wanna start shooting some bitties a la Van styles steez, natural light only as long as shorty is hot, she can make a dumpster look cool....need to find some young hipster aspiring models....is ModelMayhem any good?...used to be up on it ages ago...
I used to use it heavy back in the day before I started shooting with agencies. Its a better resource if you need makeup artists and hairstylists to tell you the truth. You should probably start off with your cute friends.

I would but then I know my wife gonna start feeling a certain type of way if I start picking out specific friends based on their aesthetics [emoji]128557[/emoji]

I would but then I know my wife gonna start feeling a certain type of way if I start picking out specific friends based on their aesthetics [emoji]128557[/emoji]
If you're not trying to beat just let your wife be there when you shoot them. Should take off the pressure. If that doesn't work try the MM route. 

^Amazing images once again! The sky is just beautiful, love how you captured it also. About the store oh man perfect opportunity to get a #. I would've just pretended to take a photo and say my battery just died if she asked to see it lol.

thanks! yea, usually i'm pretty ADD (who isn't these days) but i was so into the camera the brain could process what was taking place in the moment, only afterward did realize not only was it a missed opportunity, but more importantly i think i might have come across as a rude...

Wish I shot more this weekend. Pride regardless of the politics is just really has some interesting content. Only caught this while heading somewhere.

unicorn-1.jpg
unicorn-2.jpg

Wish I got this better in frame without the shoes and hands cut off. Way to packed when this happened.

how is it going with the 50f1.2, is it a keeper?

[/QUOTE]
If you're not trying to beat just let your wife be there when you shoot them. Should take off the pressure. If that doesn't work try the MM route. 
[/quote]

#relatedbutunrelated just recently read this piece in the time about terry richardson (photographer) & dov charney owner of american apparel (infamous for the imagery of their advertising) kinda crazy:

http://time.com/2900893/the-****-shaming-of-dov-charney-and-terry-richardson/

Last edited:

See the way Dominican women are set up... :lol:
Funny you say that. My wife's good friend is a fashion photog and shoots women all the time. I was with him on Sat and he wants me to shadow him in his studio. My wife was tripping out. Even though he is her friend.

I'm headed up to SF July 11-13, anyone want to meet up and go night shooting. I've been dying to go shooting in sf since i got my camera. 

how is it going with the 50f1.2, is it a keeper?

I think I am almost at the limit of time returning it, so I think out of default, it is a keeper. Sadly still haven't shot a lot with it. Just little things getting in the way for me. What is kind of odd is I am not sure if the lens is better or I just never shoot with a 50mm. Like I think the bokeh is nicer but that is only cause I am finally purposely shooting wide open and during the day time. I will say the color is definitely better for sure. I think it is on par with the 24mm L with just contrast and what not. I said it a couple of pages back but long exposure isn't really this lens strong suit. I actually think the 1.8 works better for that. So as expected from reviews, this lens is just really a specific one. Really should only be used for shooting wide open and portrait style stuff. Hopefully this will get me to be a better street photographer but I have yet to see good results as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom