The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Took some flicks with magic lantern set on today, still getting used to dual iso, but clearly its for night photography

Definitely not liking how my pics came out, should've tweaked the settings more, but I lost motivation after B&H didn't have the CF Card I wanted.

Flatrion by TooLegit4Kicks, on Flickr

arsenalgunner1 arsenalgunner1 I agree. No worries, I just got a new job in the Marin, so I'll be going after my shifts. EDIT: I was also shooting with my wide angle, 10-22.

I'll be upgrading soon to the 6D, so I'm excited.

Last edited:
^ black and white one looks dope 
pimp.gif

couple randoms

Wheeeew! Just went through all ~500 pages of this thread. (Got no homework done lol)

Props to ksteezy, fong, arsenal, sais, yalla, dunks, lives too short, tokes, elder, bigslim, goste, kush and many more.

Dope stuff!!!

I have no camera/experience,Will cop a DSLR soon.

THANKS FAM!

IM JUST TRYING TO GET BETTER EACH TIME I PULL MY CAMERA OUT.

A LOT OF THESE GUYS IN HERE GET GREAT SHOTS!

Pics from last week's poetry night. First time using my external flash  to bounce the light off the wall behind me instead of direct flash

14763575405_1e3459d981_z.jpg

14740656386_a743ccf7c8_z.jpg

14763350215_423361e1b0_z.jpg

THANKS ALL

I've just now started noticing the kind of dramatic effect white balance can have on a photo (as in a pic coming out either white, yellow, or that bluish tint) and I wanted these to come out as natural possible to what the actual venue gave off

I hate to raise my ISO, in these pics it was set at 1000 which I wish I could have set lower

THANKS ALL

I've just now started noticing the kind of dramatic effect white balance can have on a photo (as in a pic coming out either white, yellow, or that bluish tint) and I wanted these to come out as natural possible to what the actual venue gave off

I hate to raise my ISO, in these pics it was set at 1000 which I wish I could have set lower

1000? I don't go over 800. What was your shutter speed and aperture?

160 and 2.8

I suppose I could have opened up some more to 1.8 (which is the most my 50mm can go to) but I didn't even consider my settings.

During these shots I just set up the cam on my tripod, focus on the performer and just hit the shutter periodically during their performance.

I'm moving into taking the pics remotely as i chill across the room on my tablet or phone but of course that'll burn my battery down but it sure is fun and I'll post pics from last night soon too

160 and 2.8
I suppose I could have opened up some more to 1.8 (which is the most my 50mm can go to) but I didn't even consider my settings.
During these shots I just set up the cam on my tripod, focus on the performer and just hit the shutter periodically during their performance.

I'm moving into taking the pics remotely as i chill across the room on my tablet or phone but of course that'll burn my battery down but it sure is fun and I'll post pics from last night soon too

That situation would've been tough. The shutter speed would have given you more ambient light but you would've gotten motion blur and shooting at 1.8 then would probably have you missing focus.

Back
Top Bottom