The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

I just bought a Canon s90, is this a good buy?
Yea. One of the best Point and Shoots. I want one.

What kind of things can I do with this camera? And is it good enough to get into some pretty decent mild photography? And "point and shoot"...I hear that phrase but what does that mean EXACTLY? Thanks

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

I just bought a Canon s90, is this a good buy?
Yea. One of the best Point and Shoots. I want one.

What kind of things can I do with this camera? And is it good enough to get into some pretty decent mild photography? And "point and shoot"...I hear that phrase but what does that mean EXACTLY? Thanks
s90 is a pretty much between a compact camera and a dslr. You have the manual controls over aperture and shutter speed so you can control quite a bit as you would with a dslr. Compact cameras, you can't really control a whole lot as the camera focuses/chooses the settings for you usually. You'll also see better dim light performance with the s90 compared to a compact camera. I think you'll be able to capture pretty good pictures and have tons of fun with it once you figure out the features. Photography, like everything else is a learning process. I kind of want a s90 myself.

edit: Yea sorry now that I reread it, my answer isn't that detailed but hopefully gives you an idea. If someone can add more info plz do so. Also check this out: http://www.dpreview.com/n...81906canons90handson.asp

4461389326_e8423a6f34.jpg

4460609627_d1fdae7405.jpg

Hey! thanks man, really appreciated!! I have been  in love with religious/gritty stuff all my life, just giving my personal vision on things that surround me, glad you like it! 

I picked up a d90 with a 35mm 1.8G. It's overrated. I didn't know it was ALL plastic. The shoot button is ergonomically poor.

I still rather shoot with my 30d
I just picked up a hood for everyone one of my lens... looks complete. I'm about done.

i got an xs last summer and was wondering what would be a good beginner external flash?

Originally Posted by BrokeBallah

My friend is going to sell me his Canon 30d. He says he's going to hook me up... Whats a decent price for a used canon 30d? thanks in advance
smile.gif
Yea, i'm looking to buy a used canon 30d also... i'll be on the watch for someone to answer this. Thanks guys
smile.gif

My friend is going to sell me his Canon 30d. He says he's going to hook me up... Whats a decent price for a used canon 30d? thanks in advance
smile.gif
Yea, i'm looking to buy a used canon 30d also... i'll be on the watch for someone to answer this. Thanks guys
smile.gif
I don't have an answer, but FredMiranda.com forums and POTN (photography-on-the.net) selling forums are a good place to look.

There are plenty of great photos in here but I am just curious how many of you guys use PS or some other program to enhance the look of the pictures?

This is my first return every since my Canon got stolen out of my car. I must say it's great to be back practicing the art.

Here's an event I was fortunate enough to attend last week. It was a fashion photography exhibit at BOXeight in LA where designers and pro photographers held nonstop photo shoots in 5 separate studios. Spectators like myself could sit back and watch them go at it, while snapping photos of our own. Here's a vid of the event, courtesy of thefashionpatrol.com

http://www.youtube.com/v/ieCjxbTwJZ...xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1http://www.youtube.com/v/ieCjxbTwJZ...xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

Of course, C&C always welcome

4453771568_6a030b622c.jpg

4452994473_7f69657657.jpg

4453771046_108610fec2.jpg

4453768638_848c51e7dc.jpg

4453763690_61963b35b1.jpg

4452990225_24f263b977.jpg

4452989669_4db72788ef.jpg

4453766000_5e60e01214.jpg

4452990955_d53f6f1141.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

There are plenty of great photos in here but I am just curious how many of you guys use PS or some other program to enhance the look of the pictures?
I'm sure many do this, and I don't see a problem with it at all actually. Photography is all about the finished product and post processing and presentation is almost as important as the capture itself.

I think of it as a supplement to photography though, it can bring out the full potential of a photo, but can't do much if the photo wasn't shot properly anyways.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

I'm sure many do this, and I don't see a problem with it at all actually. Photography is all about the finished product and post processing and presentation is almost as important as the capture itself.

I think of it as a supplement to photography though, it can bring out the full potential of a photo, but can't do much if the photo wasn't shot properly anyways.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I am not bashing the use of PS in photography.
 I want to get more in depth with photography and was just wondering if the PS program is essential to get great photos like the ones posted here. 

I only have a G10 and I am still learning the shutter speed, aperture, proper lighting, etc... and was curious if I should incorporate learning some PS skills to enhance my photos as well.

I want to get more in depth with photography and was just wondering if the PS program is essential to get great photos like the ones posted here. 

I only have a G10 and I am still learning the shutter speed, aperture, proper lighting, etc... and was curious if I should incorporate learning some PS skills to enhance my photos as well.
RFX45, check this site out.

http://www.pixlr.com/editor/

It's a mini photoshop that lets you perform basic photo editing in a very similar fashion to photoshop, right down to the layers, lassos, cropping and color correction

If you're planning on getting deeper into photography then photo editing is essential, regardless of the software. It just so happens Adobe sets the standard and PS skills are universal.

Hopefully I can get my questioned answered here .... which is a better camera for video, the EOS 7D SLR Digital Camera or EOS 5D Mark II Digital Camera?

RFX45, check this site out.

http://www.pixlr.com/editor/

It's a mini photoshop that lets you perform basic photo editing in a very similar fashion to photoshop, right down to the layers, lassos, cropping and color correction

If you're planning on getting deeper into photography then photo editing is essential, regardless of the software. It just so happens Adobe sets the standard and PS skills are universal.

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it. Once I get more more acquainted with the hobby, I'll move on from that website but for now I think that will do.

Originally Posted by kix2mny

Hopefully I can get my questioned answered here .... which is a better camera for video, the EOS 7D SLR Digital Camera or EOS 5D Mark II Digital Camera?
Other than working just barely better in low light, the 7D (faster frame rate HD vieo). Canon mentioned trying to do a firmware update to get the 5DII to shoot 25fps, but then nothing ever really came of it as far as I know. I don't even know how possible that is. If you're going to spend $1,800 or $2,500 just for video you might as well buy a video camera. Keep in mind that with the 5D Mark II you can only use EF lenses, which in most cases cost nearly $1k other than the 50mm f/1.8 II. Unless money isn't an issue, I'd go for the 7D and a Flip HD. My Dad got one at some convention for work for free and it's pretty sick-- it's kinda the P&S version of an HD video camera.

^Thurz & Y-O are some good people, cool friends of mine.. they killed the shows they did down here last week. I'll post pics later
solemunchies wrote:
Dope stuff, DJ Entendre
pimp.gif

The first picture is really good, is that him that's purple?thanks
Thanks, naw it was a just the light reflecting off of him while he was moving..

Originally Posted by DJ Entendre

^Thurz & Y-O are some good people, cool friends of mine.. they killed the shows they did down here last week. I'll post pics later

word. good dudes, they put on an amazing live show. had to ask em if they were NT members
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom