The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I just pulled the trigger on the Tamron 15-30mm. Looks like most shops just got them in (B&H, Adorama, etc) because they were all backordered just the other day. I actually got it from Ritz of all places but I found a 5% discount code online but paid for the next day shipping. Should get it by Thursday.

Here's another lens review of Tamron 15-30mm. The Canon 16-35mm f/4 is still the winner but it was close. That Canon 16-35mm got rave reviews so to know that the Tamron is up there with IQ is just promising for that lens.

Last edited:
NT photo fam...

Thanks to all y'all motivation, inspiration and insight...I think I'm finally pickin up on this stuff and am really hyped on this shot because I feel like this is the cleanest shot I've taken to date in terms of focus and clarity.

Levels to this by that1fool, on Flickr

and a few other shots from a quick trip to diego town:

San Diego Skyline by that1fool, on Flickr

USS Midway by that1fool, on Flickr

Star Lofoten by that1fool, on Flickr

Coronado Bridge by that1fool, on Flickr

Gone fishin by that1fool, on Flickr

Last edited:
NT photo fam...

Thanks to all y'all motivation, inspiration and insight...I think I'm finally pickin up on this stuff and am really hyped on this shot because I feel like this is the cleanest shot I've taken to date in terms of focus and clarity.

Levels to this by that1fool, on Flickr

and a few other shots from a quick trip to diego town:

San Diego Skyline by that1fool, on Flickr

USS Midway by that1fool, on Flickr

Star Lofoten by that1fool, on Flickr

Coronado Bridge by that1fool, on Flickr

Gone fishin by that1fool, on Flickr
Sweet! what lenses did you use?

Anyone here have any insight on the Fuji x100? Thinking about purchasing one and getting rid of my D80.

This might be common asked question but my clip on my camera bag just broke and need to get a new one. Anyone recommend a backpack? Looking to get something small since I have an Incase backpack whenever i need to do anything major.

I had the Incase sling pack which was almost perfect but just not ideal for heavy stuff. When I go hiking with it, it does become an issue on my shoulder when I have two lenses and a tripod. I think this mostly has to do with it not having a waste strap but I still can be a problem.

camera1a.jpg

Right now I am eyeing the Lowepro Fastpack 250:

DSCF2945.jpg

Transit Sling 250:

Lowepro-Transit-Sling-250_MVG4560.JPG

But I want something fairly thin too and not feel like I am wearing a turtle shell. Anyone got recommendations?

Anyone here have any insight on the Fuji x100? Thinking about purchasing one and getting rid of my D80.
I got an X100T a month ago.  I really enjoy, but this is my first camera and I am a complete amateur, so I cannot compare to DSLR.  But most reviews are glowing and say it holds up well against larger cameras.

I got an X100T a month ago.  I really enjoy, but this is my first camera and I am a complete amateur, so I cannot compare to DSLR.  But most reviews are glowing and say it holds up well against larger cameras.
Yeah, I was looking into this model and read the good reviews...But I was also reading into the older model (x100) and it got good reviews as well...Contemplating if I should just save up and get the newest model or not.

Thanks for your insight!!

Hey guys I have a question. The memory card I use for my camera is an micro SD with an adaptor.
Now I've had the SD card my phone for awhile now when I put the card in my camera it doesn't show the images. When I place it back in my phone they all show up. Any clue why this might happened?

Yeah, I was looking into this model and read the good reviews...But I was also reading into the older model (x100) and it got good reviews as well...Contemplating if I should just save up and get the newest model or not.

Thanks for your insight!!

Photo quality should be pretty equal, just lacking couple features, WiFi, hybrid viewfinder, etc

This might be common asked question but my clip on my camera bag just broke and need to get a new one. Anyone recommend a backpack? Looking to get something small since I have an Incase backpack whenever i need to do anything major.

I had the Incase sling pack which was almost perfect but just not ideal for heavy stuff. When I go hiking with it, it does become an issue on my shoulder when I have two lenses and a tripod. I think this mostly has to do with it not having a waste strap but I still can be a problem.

camera1a.jpg

Right now I am eyeing the Lowepro Fastpack 250:

DSCF2945.jpg

Transit Sling 250:

Lowepro-Transit-Sling-250_MVG4560.JPG

But I want something fairly thin too and not feel like I am wearing a turtle shell. Anyone got recommendations?

I have a Lowepro Hatchback 22L.....Im looking into the Fastpack 250......I will say they make great products.

OK. Need to make a final decision. Should I invest in the Canon 24-70 2.8 or Canon 24-70 2.8II. My body is a 6D.

OK. Need to make a final decision. Should I invest in the Canon 24-70 2.8 or Canon 24-70 2.8II. My body is a 6D.
both lenses are pretty much the same image quality wise. The II shows a tad bit more detail out of the camera w/o any post processing. Are they both used?

if you're on a budget i'd get the 24-70 mk1

I've had bot the X100 and X100T. It's definitely a great walk around and street photography camera. If you're looking for quick auto focus, I'd stay away and go for a X100s assuming X100T is out of your price range. The one plus the X100 has over the others is that it has a traditional Bayer sensor instead of the Fuji X-Trans.

What kind of photography do you shoot? What makes you think about going from the D80 to the X100?

I've had bot the X100 and X100T. It's definitely a great walk around and street photography camera. If you're looking for quick auto focus, I'd stay away and go for a X100s assuming X100T is out of your price range. The one plus the X100 has over the others is that it has a traditional Bayer sensor instead of the Fuji X-Trans.

What kind of photography do you shoot? What makes you think about going from the D80 to the X100?
Thanks for the insight! I tend to shoot street photography more. I was looking for a more compact camera that still has similar options to a DSLR...Figured that the X100 was a good choice to consider...I just want to make sure that I'll be content with transitioning to a compact camera, rather than using a DSLR.

Back
Top Bottom