The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Been a while which feels like a long time since I posted in here. Got a ton of work to showcase but for now here's one.

As always more on the blog.

IG - @dunksrnice
www.dunksrnice.net

A first hand review would be greatly appreciated. I am thinking of purchasing one specifically to do concerts/music festivals/etc

Initial thoughts...the build is better than the 50, and the camera feels more balanced. Focal view is definitely what I was aiming for but the lens has some CA issues but LR should handle that with the lens profile

^ That San Diego sunset 
pimp.gif

Here are some from the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center in Chantilly, Va.  All with the Fujifilm X100s.  More on my site here. Peace

In the market for a computer. I currently have a Late 2012 IMac with only 8GB of ram. Thinking about going to a 15inch MacBook Pro. What are you folks using?

In the market for a computer. I currently have a Late 2012 IMac with only 8GB of ram. Thinking about going to a 15inch MacBook Pro. What are you folks using?

Im currently using a Macbook Air, with a 1TB external drive to store all my RAW files. Only app I have on it aside from the factory stuff is Lightroom 5.7

On another note, I spent most of Labor Day just strolling around Manhattan. Wanted to see the inside of the St Johns Divine Cathedral but it was closed cause of construction work (the inside was already amazing, curious to what they have done)....maybe next time. Some spots I hit...... 9/11 Memorial, "The Met", and Central Park

#nyc #newyork #newyorkcity #made_in_ny by Michael Rios, on Flickr

Initial thoughts...the build is better than the 50, and the camera feels more balanced. Focal view is definitely what I was aiming for but the lens has some CA issues but LR should handle that with the lens profile

Appreciate it......

I saw that the A6000 is getting a $200 price drop. Sony has an announcement coming this Friday (They may announce the A7000)

Shot at a local carnival

Sacramento Zoo (only decent shot of that particular trip :lol:)

Off camera photoshopping to get this one to work

Fun with long exposure

Shot with a Fuji X100t over the weekend. I know the shadows are dark, but I liked the way the photo came out.

Yeah, you could definitely see it with the naked eye. Just had to wait a little to let your eyes adjust to the darkness.

Here's a light pollution map. Pin is where the photo was taken.

it is so wild looking at light pollution maps and how relatively sparse the light pollution/population is in the western portion of the us in comparison to the midwest/east ...

loosies:

Untitled by a0, on Flickr

city sunset by a0, on Flickr

my second time trying to snag pics of fireworks...wasn't too successful, thought i had some things figured out, i felt like i did better shooting randomly than when i tried to time it out...

meant to post this the other day, just a short clip flying a dji phantom 2 over a modest waterfall, it is downscaled (i edited on my phone) so the quality isn't that good (sorry can't figure out how to embed from flickr)

Can anyone suggest a good backpack for traveling with a DSLR? I don't have much gear: a D3200, 3 lenses, batteries, SD cards, etc. I don't have a tripod so that's a non-issue. I also want some room to carry other non-camera things but I don't wanna spend more than $100 haha.

I was looking at the Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22L AW. It looks like it really fits my needs but I figured I'd check in here to see if you guys have any other recommendations.

Im currently using a Macbook Air, with a 1TB external drive to store all my RAW files. Only app I have on it aside from the factory stuff is Lightroom 5.7

Recent work
5D Mark II with 85mm f/1.8

I'm using a 2011 MacBook Pro 8GB of ram and a Samsung Pro SSD. Current setup.

Thanks I think I'm going to jump on the New Macbook Po 15 inch Retna. I am moving slow over here.

I love my 15 inch retina :pimp:

I also have a custom built PC at home spec'd out a little higher

but of course the monitors attached to it are NOTHING compared to da retina :lol:

Can anyone suggest a good backpack for traveling with a DSLR? I don't have much gear: a D3200, 3 lenses, batteries, SD cards, etc. I don't have a tripod so that's a non-issue. I also want some room to carry other non-camera things but I don't wanna spend more than $100 haha.

I was looking at the Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22L AW. It looks like it really fits my needs but I figured I'd check in here to see if you guys have any other recommendations.
Was going to bite the bullet in the photo sport 200 aw 2 cause I need that extra compartment for hydration bladder.

Back
Top Bottom