The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

i have photos that need reframing. i have been resizing them to do this. meaning i have been making the picture bigger so that it basically zooms in and i keep the frame the same size. i do this in photoshop using the transform tool.

should i be doing this or should i be cropping the image making the frame smaller? i dont like the smaller frame, but just wondering.

Last edited:
Any NT'ers from Houston?

ive been thinking about relocating there. I was wondering whats the photography scene like there and whats some good places to shoot in H-town

I love that filter look but when I try it I don't like it. But when I see it on other people pictures they look great

^^ Those are some fantastic shots! I feel like the filter really chokes the potential of them and makes them too flat to appreciate the detail in the photo.

could someone please help me out with teaching me how to edit my black and white film? i usually leave my film as it was scanned since i can never get it any better. i know its probably a simple edit, but im not good at this lol. the only things i do are crop or clean up my photos.

Last edited:
I love that filter look but when I try it I don't like it. But when I see it on other people pictures they look great

same. i've got this thing on post processing where if i see that something that's supposed to be white isnt white, like the temp is off i dont export it. yet i like when someone else does it

Two over the weekend:

church-1.png
oakland-1.png

Damn I was hoping bestbuy had some Black Friday deals on camera but nothing. [emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

Going to be heading out tonight and tomorrow night for my first attempts at astrophotography. Hopefully I get some good results!

Some recents...

^^^^^^Once they make an iPad that allows for full photoshop/lightroom, than i'll make the move to get an ipad. Untill then, it just doesn't perfect for photo editing.

a little disappointed it doesn't have force touch, which seems like it would be useful and will probably be in the next version, if there is a next version...i'm kind of tempted though, using that huge beautiful screen with the stylus on apps that are dedicated to work for the tablet form factor seems like it could be, if maybe not quite optimal, pretty awesome...

a little disappointed it doesn't have force touch, which seems like it would be useful and will probably be in the next version, if there is a next version...i'm kind of tempted though, using that huge beautiful screen with the stylus on apps that are dedicated to work for the tablet form factor seems like it could be, if maybe not quite optimal, pretty awesome...
that's the smallest "if" ever. they'll def be another pro and it will have force touch. just wonder if they'll iphone with it and offer iPad Pro 'S' or keep the iPad run and just go 2

^^^haha, probably! though it is no secret tablet sales aren't what they used to be and i could definitely see this 'pro' ipad not really changing that; and i don't think it is necessarily a layup that businesses will adopt it as tool given its heft and relative lacking feature set...the different versions of the microsoft surface actually seem a bit more mature at this point but the pull of apple app ecosystem might be strong enough to convince people otherwise?

Given the price point for max storage, keyboard and stylus, you might as well get an 11 or 13 inch air imo. Its nice, but I don't see many people buying and using it as more than just an ipad (meaning many people aren't going to install all those intensive apps).

Back
Top Bottom