The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^ dope pics man!

4614470788_671d45c137.jpg

4613854891_d5733635b8.jpg

4614469318_297d44ef9d.jpg

4614469588_a188412f12.jpg

4613852165_924c31121c.jpg

4613852323_4e8b8dc003.jpg

How do you photograph lightning? We had a lightning storm the other night and I thought about taking some pics but nothing seemed to work.

Any recommendations on traveling with camera gear?  I'm going to China in August and want to carry a small pack, I don't want a camera specifc bag as I will need to carry other things like water, etc...

Originally Posted by DJ bana

Originally Posted by LilSciurid08

Hey guys, i need a little help here. Im doing a project for my Art Class & im supposed to choose a current "controversial topic" in Photogrpahy and was hoping some of you would give me some ideas. Im currently working on the use of HDR but any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You !

1. dont do HDR
2. obscenity
Thanks for the suggestion but what do u mean by Obscenity ?

i think getting a good lightning shot is pretty much lots of patience, a tripod and lots of luck, you cant predict lighting, being that we see it first, then the thunder follows, if it was the other way around we would know more or less when lighting was coming, so the best bet is to srt your camera on a tripod, expose for 10 seconds or more, aim it at the mountains, houses or skyline and make sure you have a good amount of sky in the frame and pray that while your shutter is open lighting would strike....ive never attempted this, so im going by common sense.

btw thanx to all those who commented on my pictures :smile:

Originally Posted by Seattle206

Any recommendations on traveling with camera gear?  I'm going to China in August and want to carry a small pack, I don't want a camera specifc bag as I will need to carry other things like water, etc...

I use a Kata 3n1 bag.  Perfect for my d300s & d40, flash, lens, clothes, etc!  You can wear as backpack or sling.  Has configurable velcro inserts, so you can adjust and create space according to your gear.  Great bag and is only around $100.00!
http://www.kata-bags.com/productFRM2HS.asp?p_Id=433&Version=Photo

kata_3n1_open.jpg

3n1-20-lg.jpg

One of my favorite threads.
Im getting married in January and would love some references (SoCal). I want an artistic and quality photographer.
PM me
And keep up the good work guys, real talent in here.

Jhustle, make an account on www.photography-on-the.net then go to their services request section, make a thread requesting a photographer and what kind of photographer aswell, location. you will get responses, check out their work and dont go cheap on your wedding photography.

*@@$ i think my post got deleted...

anywho make an account at www.photography-on-the.net use their service requests section, plenty of photogs there ranging from beginners to full-blown pros!...you might get lucky with a really good photographer who wants to build his wedding portfolio, not to sound vain but if you and your fiancee are really photogenic you might even score a pro for a good price....

check out this guys blog, he is my favorite wedding photographer, wish i could afford him, his style is exclusively photojournalistic, which is pretty much whats IN at the moment for weddings.

http://em34.com/Blog/

I hate selective coloring, but you did a good job, the pictures look fun, usually when people use selective coloring is to make some corny flower stand out....i must admit you pulled it off.

wanted to share a shot from my engagement photoshoot, the photographer was simply amazing!

SHOT NOT TAKEN BY ME.

4619301151_d68d2a8854_o.jpg

i have some images that include nudity, would that be acceptable considered it is art? it is not "in your face" nude, just subtle. it was for a project i did.

maybe ill PS the nippies, although it's from a distance. for now i post the images that u don't see the nippers.

Laundry Day

4612172344_f10cf742e3_o.jpg

4611560991_ea367aeb40_o.jpg

4611560609_d2dae7437f_o.jpg

4611560425_56ccfb9e40_o.jpg

4612171688_388a0301ce_o.jpg

these are NOT photoshopped, i actually did this.

i remember seeing a couple pics a month or 2 back on this...so how did you set everything up.

How many shots did you take as well? Was it snap a few and get dressed or dozens, hundreds of shots you took at each scene?

These have never been posted online, although i did post some other public nude images that i did throughout the project.

The final project consists of 6 images, 5 are shown above, the 5th is a girl in the gym.. but her boob is showing- click my Flickr link and you can see it there.

I had limited time for each shot. Keep in mind these are all in VERY public places, most had other people around and watching as well. The models can get arrested for this. In fact, there is a photograher by the name of Zach Hyman who did a similar project but not with "day to day" actitivities. He had his models posing in the subway and even in the Moma! 2 of them were arrested for indecent exposure, funnily enough his set is entitled "decent exposures." There were other cool images that i may use in the future, but i selected the best 6 for this set. I won 2 awards for it and it was accepted into the Lowe Museum. Pretty excited. Now that i've put them online i'm hoping the series gets more exposure hopefully to be accepted into other galleries!

The point behind this project is to represent America's perspective of nudity only being acceptable behind closed doors, along with the media shaping people (specifically women) to feel a social norm of how we should look and being afraid of showing skin.

Here is the artist statement if you're up for a short read.

In a society where nakedness is a controversial topic, it becomes difficult for people to feel content in their own skin. Imagine a world where clothing was optional. A world where no one would judge you based on your physical attributes. A world where the media does not shape a social “norm.

Western culture embodies freedoms of all kind. The First Amendment to the United States Constitution protects individuals to practice their own forms of self-expression, as long as no one is harmed. People can rally and march for what they believe in. However, if this were to be done for nudity, #*## sapiens’ natural form, everyone would be arrested. Why is it so offensive?

Laundry Day is a project that moves nudity from behind closed doors into the public eye. Women specifically receive the most pressure from media to look a certain way. The constant demand of a “perfect

Back
Top Bottom