The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

the family in MIA
5810014460_30404e5f8a_b.jpg

the girls
5809449941_17be32b14d_b.jpg

my wife
5810014162_4f7f6e4b70_b.jpg

Originally Posted by HankMoody

So, I think I am going to hop on this amazon nikon deal for the D3100. I just need some input on which lens to add or if I should even take advantage of this deal...
[font=Verdana, Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif][table][tr][td]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yomC0EodL._SL110_.jpg[/img][/td][td][/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens 
by Nikon 
[table][tr][td]Price:[/td][td]$649.00[/td][/tr][/table] body only is $549.00

[/td][/tr][/table]
[/font]$100 off Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens. Enter code ESZBSIIK at checkout. (98.11 after this discount)
$100 off Nikon 55-200mm f4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens. Enter code ZRB9VW8Y at checkout. (79.95 after this discount)

I have read that the 
[h1]Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras[/h1]
is popular too ($134)

So, my options are the D3100 kit lens package for 649.00 plus one of the aforementioned lenses which would be ~750 or I could buy the D3100 body only for 549.00 and just buy the popuar lens mentioned above and my total would be ~685 or I could just get D3100 package for 649.00 and be okay for now...

Thoughts? 

[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[table][/table][/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table]
[/td][/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]

I'm looking for a higher end P&S camera and so far, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 has caught my eyes. To those who have played around with this camera, how do you guys like it? Any better options within this price range?

Just want some more thoughts/opinions from fellow NT photographers.
smile.gif

Home-made light box!
5817105836_eb43dd3b91_b.jpg

you can see the innards. It is a cube of 1 x 1's drilled together, with muslin fabric stretched around the sides, with bristol board hammered onto the frame on the inside
5816537293_b709fb8697_b.jpg

Results
5817102630_e8ba3de1af_b.jpg

^^ Fill me in on those Lebrons!! I haven't bought kicks in a minute, but those just scream at me... Where can I cop?

Lebron 8?

Originally Posted by VietStar

I'm looking for a higher end P&S camera and so far, the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 has caught my eyes. To those who have played around with this camera, how do you guys like it? Any better options within this price range?

smile.gif
I've got the Leica D-lux 4, which is an overpriced twin of the Lumix LX3. The LX5 is the upgrade to the LX3. I haven't had any complaints with my little Leica, it does what it's supposed to do, albeit, not as well as a DSLR.
Here's a review/comparison between the Canon G12, LX5, and the Nikon P7000

Pop Photo

Borders and filters do not turn bad photographs into good photographs. Taking pictures on an angle does not make you a photographer.

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

Borders and filters do not turn bad photographs into good photographs. Taking pictures on an angle does not make you a photographer.

^^^^
laugh.gif
 I have seen that same guy w/ the beads coming home from work.  Were you on the 4 train by any chance?  This is way too erie.

Originally Posted by akuratl02

^^^^
laugh.gif
 I have seen that same guy w/ the beads coming home from work.  Were you on the 4 train by any chance?  This is way too erie.
laugh.gif
 nah man, I was on the E train, but I shot that a while back man!

Originally Posted by blondsoccerplyr

what makes someone a photographer then? Answer this with no ego and superficial definitions.

• HankMoody wrote:

So, I think I am going to hop on this amazon nikon deal for the D3100. I just need some input on which lens to add or if I should even take advantage of this deal...
[font=Verdana, Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif][table][tr][td]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51yomC0EodL._SL110_.jpg[/img][/td][td][/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td]
[/td][td][/td][/tr][tr][td]Nikon D3100 14.2MP Digital SLR Camera with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens 
by Nikon 
[table][tr][td]Price:[/td][td]$649.00[/td][/tr][/table] body only is $549.00

[/td][/tr][/table]
[/font]$100 off Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Nikkor Zoom Lens. Enter code ESZBSIIK at checkout. (98.11 after this discount)
$100 off Nikon 55-200mm f4-5.6G ED AF-S DX Nikkor Zoom Lens. Enter code ZRB9VW8Y at checkout. (79.95 after this discount)

I have read that the 
[h1]Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras[/h1]
is popular too ($134)

So, my options are the D3100 kit lens package for 649.00 plus one of the aforementioned lenses which would be ~750 or I could buy the D3100 body only for 549.00 and just buy the popuar lens mentioned above and my total would be ~685 or I could just get D3100 package for 649.00 and be okay for now...

Thoughts? 

Just wanted to give you a heads up on the Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras , will only manual focus on the D3100, since the body does NOT have and built in focus motor. So no auto-focusing with that lens on a D3100

Originally Posted by VietStar

smile.gif
This is not really pocket-friendly.  I highly recommend the Canon S95.  
After owning the S95 I realize that I do not take out my T2i nearly as much.  

Back
Top Bottom