The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by hadegbite

5914304847_60264a1371_b.jpg
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Just a few from over the weekend.

hadegbite , what kind of editing did you do to that photograph quoted above, looks like a magazine photo.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

hadegbite , what kind of editing did you do to that photograph quoted above, looks like a magazine photo.
pimp.gif
Thanks Mez, i used Lightroom, i cranked up the detail, adjusted the blacks and played with the luminace a bit. 

So niketalk fam i just bought the Canon t2i.. and I'm rather new to photography, just wondering where to start, I've messed with the camera and just got really high quality shots but nothing amazing like I've seen in this thread.
Is there a forum or website I could go to, to figure out some basics in photography?
Ex: the pic with the black cement threes, how do you focus the book, and blur the shoes?

Originally Posted by MJGREATXII

So niketalk fam i just bought the Canon t2i.. and I'm rather new to photography, just wondering where to start, I've messed with the camera and just got really high quality shots but nothing amazing like I've seen in this thread.
Is there a forum or website I could go to, to figure out some basics in photography?
Ex: the pic with the black cement threes, how do you focus the book, and blur the shoes?
MJGREATXII  

Aperture is expressed as F-stop, e.g. F2.8 or f/2.8. The smaller the F-stop number (or f/value), the larger the lens opening (aperture).

ok so thats the technical aspect....so what you need to do is get a lens that has a low apeture, i shoot with a Canon T3i same as the T2i buy this lens it will be your best friend for shots like that. Amazon product ASIN B00007E7JUhttp://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8- Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU set the aperture/fstop to the lowest and focus on you object. Practice Practice Practice. Take a picture every day if possible. Also get a good editing software i recommend Lightroom and Photoshop.

MJGREATXII  

Aperture is expressed as F-stop, e.g. F2.8 or f/2.8. The smaller the F-stop number (or f/value), the larger the lens opening (aperture).

ok so thats the technical aspect....so what you need to do is get a lens that has a low apeture, i shoot with a Canon T3i same as the T2i buy this lens it will be your best friend for shots like that. Amazon product ASIN B00007E7JUhttp://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8- Camera-Lens/dp/B00007E7JU set the aperture/fstop to the lowest and focus on you object. Practice Practice Practice. Take a picture every day if possible. Also get a good editing software i recommend Lightroom and Photoshop.

Thank you sir, 
you can change the aperture/ Fstop settings in the camera though right? 

MJGREATXII  

Thank you sir, 

Yezzir try AV mode (aperture priority)

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

MJGREATXII  

Thank you sir, 

Yes you can, u can use M mode or AV mode also...there is a little scroll wheel next to the camera shutter button. As you scroll you will see the F.__ go higher or lower. Post your pics after you have tried it! Good luck.

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Thank you sir, 

Yes you can, u can use M mode or AV mode also...there is a little scroll wheel next to the camera shutter button. As you scroll you will see the F.__ go higher or lower. Post your pics after you have tried it! Good luck.
Will do sir! 
Thanks a bunch

Anyone have any experience with the cactus V5 or yongnuo rf-603 wireless tranceivers??
dont know which to grab..

Hey everyone, I will be going to school this year majoring in Photography imaging. I am going to need to get an DSLR so I was wondering what would you guys suggest for a beginner ?

Back
Top Bottom