The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

You guys down to get some sort of challenge thing goin again? I was never in on it earlier so Im not sure how yall decided on what to do

Originally Posted by ChaosTheory

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

Tried something different today.

Wasn't going to quote the whole set, but they look sweet!  Want to share on how you did these shots?
Thanks for the comments. I forgot to take a setup shot so I'll try to just explain it for now and if I set it up again I'll take a shot. Basically you just need a clear fish tank/vase/clear glass container that can hold water and is big enough for whatever you are going to drop in. I filled it up (a large vase in my case) with water and put it on a table with a black fabric background. I had a strobe off to the side but I'm sure if you mess around you can get the shot without an off camera flash. From there I got it pre-focused  and set for the drop. With one hand I dropped the cherry and the other I hit the shutter. It was basically a lot of trial and error. Hope this helps

I've decided to pick up my first camera, a DSLR. Gonna get the Nikon D3100. Pretty good choice ya'll? Love this thread also

Originally Posted by dharv

I've decided to pick up my first camera, a DSLR. Gonna get the Nikon D3100. Pretty good choice ya'll? Love this thread also
I picked up my nikon 3100 a couple weeks ago and i'm really liking it. I'm still learning the camera and messing with the settings and all that, but all in all I think its a pretty good camera. 

Have resisted the push towards digital, always been the "value creativity/hands-on darkroom" kind of person. Main setups are my Nikon F and Nikon F2, usually using a 24mm fixed. Just made the jump to DSLR. Picked up a Canon 30D and a 50mm fixed mk1 metal mount. Photos to come
devil.gif

Really new to this whole photography thing but I'm really enjoying it . I'm still getting a hang of editing photos and stuff I'm using Aperture since it was recommended by one of my friends but I'm seeing a lot of people use Lightroom so I might need to check that out.

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Yo regarding them two *$@$ in the street, did you do anything to make them more colorful than the background or is it just the way the light hit?

Yeah man, the colors were actually pretty vibrant but I used graduated filter in lightroom and I dropped the saturation a bit, less in the middle.

Doing some equipment clean out and decided to let go of some stuff, anyone interested in a 40D + 10mm sigma lense hit me up, you guys probably seen all the pics I've posted that I've taken with that combo.

Originally Posted by JJC6723

Originally Posted by dharv

I picked up my nikon 3100 a couple weeks ago and i'm really liking it. I'm still learning the camera and messing with the settings and all that, but all in all I think its a pretty good camera. 
Coo. Good luck
pimp.gif

airjordanjack, real talk, those cherry/lemon pictures are some of the coolest I have ever seen 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Heads up fellas, if anyone is interested in the Tokina 11-16mm for Canon, B&H has it now. With the demands for this lens, I'm not sure how long they'll have them in stock. Price went up by $50 though, it's $659 as we speak, but still cheaper than amazon.

Justed picked up a Canon 5D classic about 20k actuations, battery grip, 3 batteries, extra focus screen, og box and what not for $850. yes

^ I know this is not a pick up thread, but it must be time for some deals....copped 2 AB B800 for $400
smokin.gif

So I finally have enough money for the D90. However, I was wondering if the D5100 would be the better choice because of the improved image quality. I will most likely not use video mode for either camera. At a lost, can anyone help me out?

Back
Top Bottom