Originally Posted by adob0

my cam fell off my shelf and is gone for repairs, broke my external flash too 
frown.gif
i miss my baby
frown.gif
x2

iphone shots for now
ohwell.gif

Damn bro, that sucks! I was wondering where you've been on flickr. All good bro, you'll get it back sooner or later. Your 580 got smashed too? Ouch! 
ohwell.gif

Canon Rebel XTi
Rokinon 8mm Fisheye

Canon 430 EX II at full power located behind me diffused with a 45" Reflective Umbrella on stand

_MG_6510.jpg

XX3forever wrote:
I myself have finally took the next step and moved on to FF. I sold my old body and my 70-200 f/4 L in order to upgrade to a 5D MK II. Right now I'm torn between the 24-70 f/2.8, or the 24-105 f/4. Even though I say torn, I'm def. leaning towards the 24-70, it's one of those things where I don't want to be in the middle of a shoot and wish that I had the 2.8 instead. Anyone want to confirm this and/or make me think twice? 

Personally I would always opt for a wider aperture.  You are guaranteed to be in a low light situation where f/4 won't get it done as well as you would like...even with a high ISO, unless you can deal with the noise.  I also like the shallower depth of field with the wider aperture.  If you ever had the Nifty Fifty you should be comfortable with manual zoom (a few steps forward or a few steps back)...that will help compensate for the extra focal length.  I don't have either yet, but rented both before, both are great choices, but you are leaning in the right direction...24-70!

Originally Posted by phaze1123

XX3forever wrote:

I myself have finally took the next step and moved on to FF. I sold my old body and my 70-200 f/4 L in order to upgrade to a 5D MK II. Right now I'm torn between the 24-70 f/2.8, or the 24-105 f/4. Even though I say torn, I'm def. leaning towards the 24-70, it's one of those things where I don't want to be in the middle of a shoot and wish that I had the 2.8 instead. Anyone want to confirm this and/or make me think twice? 

Personally I would always opt for a wider aperture. You are guaranteed to bein a low light situation where f/4 won't get it done as well as you would like...even with a high ISO, unless you can deal with the noise. I also like the shallower depth of fieldwith the wider aperture.If you ever had the Nifty Fifty youshould be comfortable with manual zoom (a few steps forward or a few steps back)...that will help compensate for the extra focal length. I don't have either yet, but rentedboth before, both are greatchoices, but you are leaning in the right direction...24-70!

Perfect timing, haha.

Just saw the DigitalRev video this morning,
eek.gif
 at the timing. It's funny because I think this dilemma is one that actually a lot of people have (I've seen countless threads on the same question on PoTN, FM, etc.)
Anyways, thanks for the opinions, it's one of those questions you already know the answer to but want the reassurance to make you feel better 
laugh.gif
  I saw some great deals on Craigslist, but never got responses from the sellers 
indifferent.gif
, oh well the lookout continues. 

Nako XL - Thanks.
SinnerP - I have two lens, 50mm F/1.4 & 24-70mm F/2.8. I use my 24-70mm majority of all my shots depending what I normally shoot. I use my 50mm when I wanna go light and something compact. I sometimes prefer prime lens because their light and easier to carry comapred to heavy f/2.8 lens, but then again it really depends what your shooting really.

From today,

223 of 365.
6034752162_a84fcb286a_o.jpg

6034723472_1792f20789_o.jpg

6034169335_3bb36b3fdf_o.jpg

6034723202_1fd6110919_o.jpg

6034723158_91dcccc12a_o.jpg

6034723104_48d8399936_o.jpg

6034722968_0318ba7a4c_o.jpg

6034168599_fcfabbe5ef_o.jpg

6034722448_25d6f53501_o.jpg

More on my Blog & Flickr.
dunksrnice.net
flickr.com/dunksrnice

^ Thanks for the reply... I so want a large aperture lens.

Great DigitalRev vid... in my backyard too!
eek.gif
Had no idea they were based in HK.

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Uno Mas

Trapped by Rawprospect, on Flickr

I dont get it... dudes back is to the mirror unless hes on some kriss-kross stuff and even then it doesnt seem right...

Dunks, the shot with the fish is amazing and the framing on the shot with that spinning tower thing and the tiger are
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by burstmode7d

Damn bro, that sucks! I was wondering where you've been on flickr. All good bro, you'll get it back sooner or later. Your 580 got smashed too? Ouch! 
ohwell.gif

yeah brah, def one of the saddest moments in my life
frown.gif
laugh.gif
i saw it all happen too, like a movie in slow motion with me yelling "noooooooo, wwwhwyyyyyyy?!?!"

Originally Posted by 2morrowbegins2day

laugh.gif
dope pic 2morrow

Originally Posted by DrinkNike

I love watching those digitalrev video's...its like top gear for camera's
Yep, I agree.  It's really weird for me cuz the style of the vid is very TG-like, but with very-familiar surroundings.
I just spent an hour or so watching his vids of the gear I want... 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

Originally Posted by JRHodges11

Uno Mas

I dont get it... dudes back is to the mirror unless hes on some kriss-kross stuff and even then it doesnt seem right...

Dunks, the shot with the fish is amazing and the framing on the shot with that spinning tower thing and the tiger are
pimp.gif

Not sure what you dont get??? My back is to the mirror because Im' walking away from myself it's an alter ego type picture done with different layers in photoshop

JRHodges11 wrote:
Originally Posted by 2LipsLegit

JRHodges11 wrote:
Uno Mas

pimp.gif

Not sure what you dont get??? My back is to the mirror because Im' walking away from myself it's an alter ego type picture done with different layers in photoshop  
I think the concept would have been easier to grasp if you could actually see you walking away.  Facial expression from the you walking away could have helped tell the story a little better, especially with it being an alter ego, I think you need to see the facial expression of the other you to show contrast in personality  As it's framed now the focal point is you in the mirror.  For me personally it took a while to grasp that you were turned around, even then there was not enough in the frame for me to assume that you were walking away, I just thought it was a nifty trick in photoshop.  Not trying to bash you at all...I can't do it, just another perspective.  Nice concept though. 

^^^Yea I see what you were talking about I got a lot of comments saying just to take the second half out of the pic and have it just look like I was stuck in the mirror. Thanks for the C&C guys
happy.gif

JRHodges11 wrote:
^^^Yea I see what you were talking about I got a lot of comments saying just to take the second half out of the pic and have it just look like I was stuck in the mirror. Thanks for the C&C guys
happy.gif

I don't think you should just take the second half out.  Listen to what you just said, "it just look like I was stuck in the mirror".  That's cool just to show what you can do in photoshop, but there is no story there except for a guy stuck in the mirror.  I think the alter ego concept it great and could be a powerful image, especially if you can show a lot of contrast in personalities.  The key to that is being able to see the facial expression of the guy walking away with the guy behind the mirror reaching out to him. You could even have them both in contrasting outfits to show the difference in personality....just 2 more cent.

^ Like it. One reason why I'll always love a good P&S is because of the awesome macro shots you can get with em. 
smokin.gif

Back
Top Bottom