The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by TheNameIsDale

I'm taking a Digital Photography this semester and our first project was to use a scanner to create images. Never thought to use a scanner in such a way to produce "photographs." Here's a few that I'm turning in.
pimp.gif
Thanks for the new desktop background

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Originally Posted by Smokey13

Need some help NT. Looking into copping a new lens. I have a Nikon 18-200mm and plan to cop a 50mm. Trying to decide between the 1.8D, 1.8G, or should I go for a 1.4? Im leaning toward the 1.8s because money is am issue since I'm planning on copping a new camera as well.
I'm kinda in the same boat as you.  I also have an 18-200mm and initially thought of getting a 50 1.8G.  Never considered the 1.4 cuz it was a lot more expensive.  After a bit of research and asking-around, I've decided on getting the 35 1.8G instead.  I'll be using the lens more as a general-use lens and, as I've been told, the 50's better for portraits, while the 35 is better for general use.

Thanks SinnerP. I went with the 35 1.8G. Ordered it from Amazon for $199 with a free Tiffen UV filter.

^ It's still out-of-stock in my neck of the woods, but go take some pics and show me what it's capable of! Lets see that bokeh!

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Originally Posted by hadegbite

wale by hadegbite, on Flickr
with a photo such as this....I've gotten better with taking photos at night using my tripod (any low light situation)...assuming the subject is NOT moving.
This low light photo of a performer probably moving around a ton, what settings did you use to snap a photo such as this? (obviously no flash)
honestly i cant remember my settings...if you check my flickr the exact specs should be their. One thing i can say the most important thinkg for low light is your lens. This was shot with a canon 17-55 2.8....When taking some pics artist i like the natural lights of the venue cause it sets the mood.

wale by hadegbite, on Flickr
with a photo such as this....I've gotten better with taking photos at night using my tripod (any low light situation)...assuming the subject is NOT moving.
This low light photo of a performer probably moving around a ton, what settings did you use to snap a photo such as this? (obviously no flash)
honestly i cant remember my settings...if you check my flickr the exact specs should be their. One thing i can say the most important thinkg for low light is your lens. This was shot with a canon 17-55 2.8....When taking some pics artist i like the natural lights of the venue cause it sets the mood.
you can very well capture plenty of ambient light while exposing your subject, just bouce your flash, set your iso high, your shutter at around 160 and your aperture low...
something like this...

6119080891_bff7a8e1f3_b.jpg

if it wasnt raining today id be out in NYC with my tripod.....those long exposures are beautiful rolo....

Originally Posted by ksteezy

if it wasnt raining today id be out in NYC with my tripod.....those long exposures are beautiful rolo....

stop making excuses - get your damn umbrella out and hit the streets! 
they are nice - print and hang nice!

you can very well capture plenty of ambient light while exposing your subject, just bouce your flash, set your iso high, your shutter at around 160 and your aperture low...
something like this...

6119080891_bff7a8e1f3_b.jpg
amazing shot!

i got a KODAK EASYSHARE V1253 Zoom Digital Camera that when i turn on, it immediately turns back off.

if i keep pushing the on button eventually itll stay on and take pictures perfectly fine.

can anyone help me or give me advice?

could it be the battery?

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Yo Rikan....any new works dude?

And Rolo always putting in work. How do I never run into you dude? You're always in the city.

I actually just finally got a budget tripod and some ND filters. Trying to shoot some long daytime exposures if I can do it in Hawaii. Might practice in SF if I can on a good day.

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Chillll if it was a drizzle i would do it, but is freaking pouring son!...lolJm definately hitting the streets for some long exposures this week...Rolo done inspired me and I hvent done this since I first started shooting....would like to see how I've improved.

Just bought a 60D at the end of July before I moved to Hawaii for school. Here's a shot from the plane. I'm still learning and inspired by everyone's photos on here.
6109687943_60f7dc38ce_b.jpg
[/url]
Hawaii by A.Hilo, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom