The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Scanned some prints. These were all shot on film. Using Holga, 35mm, and a Mamiya medium format camera.
tumblr_luf40nvfMh1qhrf27

tumblr_luf43joUYw1qhrf27

tumblr_luf457tmpG1qhrf27

tumblr_luf49dHhlA1qhrf27

tumblr_luf4iyeUZg1qhrf27

Originally Posted by adob0

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

A new year is around the corner any possibility of creating weekly/biweekly assignments in 2012?

word. count me in. too bad the assignment thing didnt go thru this year, i wanted to do that toy wizard thing...

weekly assignments? 52 weeks in a yr right? 52 assignments then. 52 bars come out, 52 cars roll out. if that's too many, then 26 assignments/biweekly.  it'd be ideal to make a list before it even starts to avoid laziness/dropout later on. should prolly make a "photog-weekly assignment" thread to keep it specific and keep this thread for the random image dumps we do. could eventually turn into an official nt photog team type deal, heavy contributors sport the sig. but as with anything, it'll only work if everyone participates...thoughts? discuss.

some abstract, all concrete:   <---- sounds like a team sig
wink.gif
nerd.gif

Wow.. This is good... Can you give me some insight on how you achieve such good photos?

Adobo and Dunks r Nice ALWAYS coming through with the great shots.

Question guys,

I have a t1i and I'm looking to get a fisheye lens.

From my understanding, the canon 15mm 2.8 is a nice lens but more than what I'm looking to spend.

I've found a "vivitar 7 mm 3.5" for just under 300, which is my price range.

Would you guys suggest that lens as a solid one, or perhaps any others? or is that price range not realistic for a good fish eye....

I've been shooting with the t1i and the stock lens for a while now and I'm looking switch it up a little.

I just purchased a 60D and now need a general, everyday lens. I'm not looking for a cheap kit lens as I have some money to spend, I'm looking for something I could invest in the future with. It'll be used for family events, pics of my two year old, and just whenever we're out and about. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

Originally Posted by megatron

I was hoping you guys could recommend me a camera. Or at the very least rank them in which ones you think are the best. Or even recommend something better.
I'm looking at

Canon G12
Leica D-Lux 5
Nikon 1 J1

I'm looking for an easy to use without having to mess with the settings too much.
Also important I want it to be very good with video and audio.
I'll be using the camera mainly at concerts, sporting events and social gatherings. Not much if any true photography.
Please?
frown.gif

'preciate the comments yall.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Wow.. This is good... Can you give me some insight on how you achieve such good photos?

thanks. hmm...depends on what you call good, i guess. tell me what you like/dislike about them and i'll attempt to explain

I was hoping you guys could recommend me a camera. Or at the very least rank them in which ones you think are the best. Or even recommend something better.
I'm looking at

Canon G12
Leica D-Lux 5
Nikon 1 J1

I'm looking for an easy to use without having to mess with the settings too much.
I'll be using the camera mainly at concerts, sporting events and social gatherings. Not much if any true photography.

don't know much if anything about the leica or nikon. if youre considering the g12, look into the s95 as well...pretty much the same cam but cheaper. s95 vs g12 i'd go with s95 imo.

I'm looking at

Canon G12
Leica D-Lux 5
Nikon 1 J1

Please?
frown.gif
Leica is a really good brand. They manufacture one of the best rangefinders, but like anything leica, you're up to pay high prices for their cameras.
Leicas are thieve prone 
nerd.gif

BoyzNoise- what scanner are you using bro? I've been meaning to invest in a scanner because printing these out just isn't doing it if I can't upload them properly to the internetz.

I'm not sure what brand scanner it was. I used the one that was in my school's design lab. It seemed to be a pretty simple flat bed scanner.

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

I'm looking at

Canon G12
Leica D-Lux 5
Nikon 1 J1

Please?
frown.gif
Leica is a really good brand. They manufacture one of the best rangefinders, but like anything leica, you're up to pay high prices for their cameras.
Leicas are thieve prone 
nerd.gif

BoyzNoise- what scanner are you using bro? I've been meaning to invest in a scanner because printing these out just isn't doing it if I can't upload them properly to the internetz.
I have the Leica D-Lux 4, and if I had to choose one for what you want, I would actually go for the S95/S100 like adobo said. The leica is a nice camera and everything (expensive cause of the NAME), but I would go for the Canon. But if you have your mind set on the Leica, get the Panasonic Lumix instead, it's the SAME CAMERA. Both are made by the same company, and the Lumix is a couple of hundred dollars less because it doesn't have that damn RED dot on it.

Originally Posted by VoidEmperor

I'm looking at

Canon G12
Leica D-Lux 5
Nikon 1 J1

Please?
frown.gif
Leicas are thieve prone 
nerd.gif

I have the Leica D-Lux 4, and if I had to choose one for what you want, I would actually go for the S95/S100 like adobo said. The leica is a nice camera and everything (expensive cause of the NAME), but I would go for the Canon. But if you have your mind set on the Leica, get the Panasonic Lumix instead, it's the SAME CAMERA. Both are made by the same company, and the Lumix is a couple of hundred dollars less because it doesn't have that damn RED dot on it.

I've been snapping a lot of pics lately, messing around on photoshop too and I'm getting some pretty good stuff
tongue.gif

I'll try posting soon

Yooooooo, I saw a video online comparing a Redone MX, a Canon 5D mkii, and a different one that I can't remember. Anyways, the video shot with the 5D was pretty awesome. I'm unsure of what settings they were using, but from what I saw, it was looking pretty legit to go out and use that to shoot some film.

Whats the highest fps setting on teh 5D? 24? 48? 60? 120?!!!!!

BoysNoize- I asked about the printer bro. I can dig it. I thought you were doing this at home. I wish I went to a school that had a photography studio.... free equipment.... *cries*

Back
Top Bottom