The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by ksteezy

^^^^ thanks!...dope shot, how'd you lit it?...
Thanks dude! All I used was the on camera flash. I need to invest in some flashes and better Glass. #Poorlife

tumblr_lvatmgKoHq1qk9o8q

tumblr_lva5ppcEOo1qk9o8q

tumblr_lva5mn7WdI1qk9o8q

tumblr_lva5e6Kevr1qk9o8q

Best camera DSLR for a beginner?

Cannon VS Nikon?

I played with a Cannon and it just took nice pics out the box. The Nikon needed more stuff done to the setting for me to take nicer pics.

Keep i mind I have little to no camera knowledge, but am willing to learn.

Thanks.

Hello there everyone, I need suggestions and help on picking up a few things for my loved one.

He currently has a Canon Rebel XTI 400D, the lens he currently uses is the Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM

What other lens would be best to pickup?  

And what would be a great external hard drive to buy?

tumblr_lvbkgatvuk1qg5g7zo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lvbke5zaO41qg5g7zo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_lvbkkepMAe1qg5g7z

tumblr_lvbkn1suzH1qg5g7z

tumblr_lvbkn1suzH1qg5g7z

funny story behind this shoot...to make it short and sweet, after the shoot wrapped i found out these photos were to be used on craigslist and backpages...shorty was a %%$+* and her pimp wanted some professional quality shots to bring in clientele...true story, ask Ghost703
devil.gif

pimp.gif

^^^ seems a bit wide and if I remember correctly he shoots with a d700, my guess is probably the 24-70 on the more wide end...idk..

Looking through the post & definitely seeing a increase in quality imagery. Keep it up fellas

Edit: Wouldn't be right posting a photo myself. Taken this morning via iphone 
tongue.gif

38272910150499638628828.jpg

Originally Posted by ksteezy

^^^ seems a bit wide and if I remember correctly he shoots with a d700, my guess is probably the 24-70 on the more wide end...idk..

That lens is that quick? Or is it the D700? I have that Nikon 35mm 1.8G lens and that thing is super slow for some reason on low light. I feel like my 2.8 fisheye is faster. I freakin' hate it.

So I am fortunate to sort of inherit a T3i recently (my brother in law upgraded) and wanted to start utilizing the camera at various events I already attend - concerts, brand promo events, etc. Obviously I'm going to start doing some research, but was curious if anyone had any lens/hardware recommendations for shooting in areas with low lighting. I believe that camera is coming with a stock lens.

So I am fortunate to sort of inherit a T3i recently (my brother in law upgraded) and wanted to start utilizing the camera at various events I already attend - concerts, brand promo events, etc. Obviously I'm going to start doing some research, but was curious if anyone had any lens/hardware recommendations for shooting in areas with low lighting. I believe that camera is coming with a stock lens.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Hello there everyone, I need suggestions and help on picking up a few things for my loved one.

He currently has a Canon Rebel XTI 400D, the lens he currently uses is the Canon EF 50mm f1.4 USM

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
looking for a camera upgrade, a 7D
lookig for a new lens, 35L

Any suggestions?

Does he have a preference in what he shoots? I always suggest the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X but it is a wide lens. Good for landscapes and an all around lens but not so god for portraits since it stretches the subject matter. Here is a link to some sample pics: http://www.pixel-peeper.com/lenses/?lens=12955

And Western Digital are fine but I am no expert when it comes to harddrives. I just get what is cheap.

Originally Posted by JD161616

If you are doing clubs, I'd suggest getting an external flash. Not too knowledgeable with flashes but I am sure someone on here can help you with that.

And if you arte shooting concert pics, get a 50mm or some sort of prime lens with a quick aperature. I guess it depends on if you are going to be pretty close you your subject matter. If you get the camera pass for concerts, then try getting a 35mm or even a wideangle like the lens I recommended above.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Any suggestions?

Does he have a preference in what he shoots? I always suggest the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 AT-X but it is a wide lens. Good for landscapes and an all around lens but not so god for portraits since it stretches the subject matter. Here is a link to some sample pics: http://www.pixel-peeper.com/lenses/?lens=12955

And Western Digital are fine but I am no expert when it comes to harddrives. I just get what is cheap.

Originally Posted by JD161616

If you are doing clubs, I'd suggest getting an external flash. Not too knowledgeable with flashes but I am sure someone on here can help you with that.

And if you arte shooting concert pics, get a 50mm or some sort of prime lens with a quick aperature. I guess it depends on if you are going to be pretty close you your subject matter. If you get the camera pass for concerts, then try getting a 35mm or even a wideangle like the lens I recommended above.
Thanks for the response. I attain press credentials so I'm usually right up there...I've just been borrowing a relatively low quality piece of equipment to shoot. It's the low-light events that have been killing me since the flash isn't strong and the lens functionality doesn't work correctly half the time. Now that I have my own, I'm looking to take it a bit more seriously.

I'll take that lead and run with it as I research some nice components this week. Any other suggestions and/or co-signs for the t3i are much appreciated.

I need some help so I'm turning to the NT photographers. I do not know a single thing about cameras, so any help would be appreciated. My gf for Christmas wants a camera, more specifically, a Nikon Coolpix P500. Now my question is, is this a good camera and do any of yall have any experience with it? Or could you possibly recommend a better camera that's around the same price range? Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just picked up a sb700 external flash recently and...not sure if I'm just stupid but the flash will always flash three times before actually taking the photo. It's paired up with a d3100 for now but I'm just wondering if there is a way to stop that "pre-flash" measure at all because it throws me off when trying to capture a good moment when there is this dam wait before the flash actually goes off and the camera takes a picture.

Fong - Shots were done with a 24-70. I handheld those shots at a slower shutter if that helps. What makes you believe the 35mm is slow compared to the fisheye by the way.

Back
Top Bottom