The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

^^^^^^Rolo. Your lens is insane dude. I walk those areas all the time cause I work there and never think it is that big of a deal. It looks way better then it should dude. Props.

mikejs210 to add to what ksteezy said;

I'm just speaking for myself since I recently had done my first wedding, but what ksteezy said for the most part is true. I'll admit, I like Canon lenes better than Nikons and I'm a Nikon owner. Although, I do prefer Nikon bodies for the layout but thats me.
- Generally speaking, you want to invest in fast lens i.e f/1.2, f/1.4 f/1.8 & f/2.8. Anything else from that point from what I see will make it harder for yourself. It just makes it a lot easier for desired results. It's not cheap and the only way from spending less than your budget is either renting or borrowing from someone.
- Having a FF body will not only handle high iso and low light situations, but will benefit you more.
- Like ksteezy said, more and more want photojournalism wedding shots, it's nice to see how the day unfolds.

I can keep rambling, but I rather not. Some photos from my first wedding & I hope this helps.
6339516655_8af863ca84_o.jpg

6340263836_ac967947d6_o.jpg

6340263074_1b0fefa37f_o.jpg

6339513899_13b82669a7_o.jpg

6339513535_61ae15ab33_o.jpg

6340261620_249bb90e25_o.jpg

Those are some pretty good shots Rolo, we're you the main photog or a second shooter?

Mr Fongstarr - Thanks Fong. What part of the area?
ksteezy - Thanks & you can say I was one of main photographers. It was my first wedding & I did better then expected.

Mr Fongstarr - Thanks Fong. What part of the area?
ksteezy - Thanks & you can say I was one of main photographers. It was my first wedding & I did better then expected.

Thanks for the information guys. I really appreciate it. And yeah, I didn't wanna use a friend or family member's wedding as practice, but I always get asked after doing a couple birthdays and stuff like that just on the side. This all just started as a hobby but like someone else said, I had no idea how expensive it can get if you want to keep upgrading. I guess as far as upgrading my camera though, what body should I be looking at?

If you want to pursue this as semi-pro, you should get the juice out of the camera you have now, when you can go bigger, look into the 5dmkII or most likely by the time you do want to upgrade the mkIII will be in the market....for now though...stick to your camera, get a couple of primes first.

sup, i need advice.

so my current setup is the canon 7d with the 24L (version II).

but i realize that the camera is so bulky and heavy that i rarely carry it.

....however, i love the shots it produces.  so here is my question:

what do you guys think of the sony nex7?

if i were to combo it with a panasonic leica dg summilux 25mm f1.4, do you think i would get similar quality images?

here's some background info... the nex7 will have a 24mp sensor as opposed to my 18mp 7d (both cropped).

but here's where i'm having trouble making my judgement... the canon glass has 13 elements in 10 groups while the panasonic has 9 elements in 7 groups.

...thoughts? any insight would be appreciated.  thanks again.

Took these during an interview w/ Tone P (Wale's producer - Bait, DC or Nothing, Don't Hold Your Applause, Chain Music, etc.) for Source Mag. More in my sig.
6460580201_180d7e3e13_b.jpg

6460580845_3f5b5f09ee_b.jpg

6460580787_4da441afa9_b.jpg

6460581115_7176099560_b.jpg

Originally Posted by ksteezy

6387181471_28fcf37d93_b.jpg

K! I think your stuff is dope. Quick question. I noticed you shot this at 1.6 and 1/200th. When you are shooting wide open what are you using as your light source? I think I see a light on the babies lip. If so is this continuous or flash?

Hey guys, taking my first digital photography class next semester, and I don't know what to really expect... always have been an amateur photographer and never really got into it.

can anyone give me some tips and rules of thumb when it comes to photography?? i am also using a canon rebel t1i if that matters! but never really used it to its full potential.

thanks, and keep posting your pictures, it really is inspiring

Back
Top Bottom