The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

One from a recent Christmas family shoot. Still messing around with the tone of the picture.

6497407525_02b076b326_b.jpg

Originally Posted by Nako XL

Hey so,  I've been interested in getting into photography and I've been thinking about investing in a good camera to start with before getting into a serious dSLR. I'm deciding between the Canon Powershot S95 and the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V. I am looking for an all around point and shoot camera with the best image quality but am also wondering if the Canon gives me a better opportunity at learning about photography. I've borrowed point and shoots from friends in the past always used it in automatic settings however I would like to learn how to fully take advantage of the potential of a great camera. Would anyone suggest the Sony or Canon as good choices or are there any other cameras that provide greater overall quality?

Nobody?
frown.gif
Go with the Canon.

Hey so,  I've been interested in getting into photography and I've been thinking about investing in a good camera to start with before getting into a serious dSLR. I'm deciding between the Canon Powershot S95 and the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX9V. I am looking for an all around point and shoot camera with the best image quality but am also wondering if the Canon gives me a better opportunity at learning about photography. I've borrowed point and shoots from friends in the past always used it in automatic settings however I would like to learn how to fully take advantage of the potential of a great camera. Would anyone suggest the Sony or Canon as good choices or are there any other cameras that provide greater overall quality?

Nobody?
frown.gif
Nikon, but at the end of the day, they're just cameras. 
6504126183_57bd73ff5c_b.jpg

Took this photo of Sasha Singleton at the Hollywood Thai festival earlier this year. 

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Pat you are awesome at car photography bro, simply amazing.

Agreed. What camera/model are you using?

Also... Mr. Fongstarr, what kind camera/model are you using? I been meaning to ask you, since I see your pics in the tattoo thread.

One more question for camera experts, what do you guys think about Nikon 1 V1 or Olympus PEN EPL3? I'm planning to buy a camera for me and my girl, mainly for her because she likes to take pictures, but she wants a compact camera, something small and not bulky but still takes digital pictures and HD video.

^^^^^I shoot with a Nikon D90 with a Nikkor 35m 1.8G, 10.5mm fisheye, and kit lens.

Not sure on the Pen but that Nikon V1 is getting horrible reviews. You should wait till they upgrade that camera later in the years.

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^^^^^I shoot with a Nikon D90 with a Nikkor 35m 1.8G, 10.5mm fisheye, and kit lens.

Not sure on the Pen but that Nikon V1 is getting horrible reviews. You should wait till they upgrade that camera later in the years.

I kind of figured that, the V1 just came out and already on sale at Target.

Also what's the difference in D90, D3000, D3100 and D5000? All around my price range, though similar reviews on all four of them.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

I kind of figured that, the V1 just came out and already on sale at Target.

Also what's the difference in D90, D3000, D3100 and D5000? All around my price range, though similar reviews on all four of them.

D90 is an older mid range camera but the D7000 is the replacement but a large improvement to the D90. The other ones are all entry level Nikon DSLRs but some have certain features over the other. I think the D5000 & D3100 shoot HD video and the D3000 doesn't. They made them all like this to accommodate people's budget.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Anybody know what kind of camera/lens these guys are using?

I want to say a Canon T2i or T3i since it does't have the jello effect that Nikon's can do. They in and out of focus effect is just done by the shooter since the camera's don't focus automatically.

^ Oh and also... The D3000, D3100 & D5000 all do not have an internal auto-focus motor, while the D90 and D7000 do. Meaning, you'll need to get lenses that are AF-S. Most new Nikkor lenses are AF-S I think... but it's still something to keep in mind.

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

thanks kstyle and NM.

im using 5d/7d 35/135L 10.20

heres a sneak preview of what i did today

I know where that is. That's like a quarter mile from my work. Did you have to pay the parking guys to shoot in the lot?

Thanks Mr. Fongstarr...

I came to the conclusion to jet get Digital SLR camera, I came down to 3 (well basically just 2), the Canon EOS Rebel T2i/T3i or Nikon D5100.

Been doing a lot of research, basically everybody says Nikon for photography and Canon for video, and I'm more a video person. Youtubed a lot of video tests, and the Canon is the one for me.

^^^^Yes, get the Canon. Nikon is just getting into 60 fps on the D800 (that's not even out yet) and the Canon has had that frames per second for some time now. Without a doubt, the video on the Canon is way better. Just get a nice editing program and some lenses and you can come out with some dope videos.

hey guys.. im tryna get into photography in 2012.. plan on taking a class and everything, just recently acquired a Nikon D200 + few lenses (Tamron 18-270mm fav so far)

could you guys please post some links to any good DSLR Intro Tutorials.??

any help greatly appreciated.. i hope to one day be able to snap pictures as nice as the ones in here.. great stuff guys
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

hey guys.. im tryna get into photography in 2012.. plan on taking a class and everything, just recently acquired a Nikon D200 + few lenses (Tamron 18-270mm fav so far)

could you guys please post some links to any good DSLR Intro Tutorials.??

any help greatly appreciated.. i hope to one day be able to snap pictures as nice as the ones in here.. great stuff guys
pimp.gif

Honestly a lot of the youtube videos helped me. If you get on there and search on certain topics of photography you'll find it real useful. I learned a lot about programs such as Photoshop Lightroom especially since I had no prior knowledge to any kind of photo editing. I'm more visual anyways so going on forums was cool but it was even better when you see the instructions on video. 

Back
Top Bottom