The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by DeNs415

Hey folks, needed some help:

Yesterday I did my first shoot (using a T2i) recording studio session. My main problem was lighting. The kit lens didnt really cut it so I swapped in my 50mm 1.8. After messing with the settings I got some good pics but I saw issues with blurriness and I noticed a grainy effect once I loaded the photos to the comp. Would a 50mm 1.4 be of help?

And also, any recommendations for a good every day/every situation lens? Yesterday I stuck with the 50mm 1.8 and my Canon 10-22mm 3.5 UWA (which did just ok..decent at best in low light).

Thanks in advance!
either raise your ISO and lower your shutter speed, or invest in a flash & diffuser...
i have the 10-22mm as well for my 7d and it takes decent pix in low light, but video? 
eyes.gif

the lower the F-stop on the lens, the more light you can capture, but that t2i isn't well suited for low light photography without a proper flash either way...

Hey everyone, haven't been on for a while. I ran out of bandwith on flickr so I only have this for now. Just got the 50mm 1.8 when I came home from school and playing around with it.

IMG_0028 by A.Hilo, on Flickr

Hello:

First off props to you all that have posted these great shots! I plan to be at your level soon lol...

I just got the latest Rebel T3i 1100D kit(extra lense) as a gift from the wife. What are some tips and tricks you suggest to start me off?

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Originally Posted by Humanflight4 23

Hello:

First off props to you all that have posted these great shots! I plan to be at your level soon lol...

I just got the latest Rebel T3i 1100D kit(extra lense) as a gift from the wife. What are some tips and tricks you suggest to start me off?

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

You might just want to check out some youtube clips. Probably the firs things you should know is just some terms of photography like what aperture is, light meter, white balance, ISO, etc. Understanding these things will give you a better sense of what a DSLR can do that a point and shoot can't. Also if you really want to save yourself the hassle, just start shooting on manual right off the bat instead of automatic and experiment with lighting and how when changing the exposure can effect a shot. From there, just go about shooting in all different in environments like outdoors, indoors, low light, in the sun, and/or in the clouds so you can get familiar with how to set up your camera in manual on how to shoot things.

Fongstar, thanks for the advice.

My first mistake was starting off on auto and switch it to manual a few times but got a slight blur in my pics. Definitely going to need more time behind the lense types and camera setting.

Back
Top Bottom