The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

capital-punishment-1.jpg

capital-punishment-2.jpg

capital-punishment-3.jpg

capital-punishment-4.jpg

capital-punishment-5.jpg

capital-punishment-6.jpg

Fong - I was suppose to go last night, but that might be my 366 very soon lol. Saw it on your blog.

018 of 366.
6724511531_c73c3030ae_o.jpg

6724494183_b9fb176a39_o.jpg

6724494097_66670e8eea_o.jpg

6724494441_5f2d1c4dd7_o.jpg

More on the Blog.

Originally Posted by Dunks r nice

Fong - I was suppose to go last night, but that might be my 366 very soon lol. Saw it on your blog.

I went tonight just cause it's supposed to rain for the next 5 days. Hopefully they'll leave those lights up even if the 49ers still lose. I was surprised though. I hauled my tripod and my gear out there and I was 1 of about 5 people with DSLRs with tripods. There were some other people out there shooting as well with cell phones or what not. I wonder if they were all thinking the same thing with the rain or not.

Your shots will come out dope as always. Wish I had a wider lens but I had to make due at 18mm on my kit lens. The fisheye just wasn't cutting this time around.

You guys use filters? I get a lot of ghosting when using one on my 50mm, granted that it's just a cheapo uncoated tiffen filter.

It's been ages since I shot basketball so I figured I'd share with you all. These are from Wednesday's game between Temple University and Duquesne University. Temple played pretty badly but they managed to win 67 to 64. Let me know what think!

Those shots of SF city hall 
pimp.gif
 GO NINERS!!!
new-amerykah-21.jpg

Pretty cool that SF left it up. I think the ones in LA are painted over. 

I was going to make a trip up to the Hollywood sign this weekend to shoot but some severed body parts will probably cancel that.

Damn Rolo....nice shots. I new a wide lens would look good and the clouds even added a nice glow rather then it just being black skies.

Read your blog too. You're going to kill it in Disneyland. Haha.

@NayokoChan
the ISO appears to be too high in a lot of these shots, resulting in noticeable graininess.   

the Aperture also appears to be too closed at f/5.0, but with a zoom lens there's nothing much you can do.  

maybe invest in a better zoom & i would like to have seen some of these photos shot with a wide angle.

also, are you consciously exporting your shots from photoshop in 10/12 quality instead of 12/12? it makes sense if you're trying to save space on Flickr, but if you're not, than your not exporting your best quality images. 

other than that, great composition in all of your shots!

Hey guys,

I've noticed with the video I've been shooting that whenever I'm moving around it makes the video seem kinda blurry and hard to watch. Does this have something to do with frames per second or anything in my settings? Thanks.

^^^What kind of camera? Most DSLRs just don't have automatic settings for the lens. If you move, you will also have to focus manually, which is way harder then it sounds. The frames per second more so has to do with the jello effect then blurriness. For the best smoothest rate, shoot 720 at 60 frames per second. On a big screen LCD, it might not look the best but for web, it will.

Originally Posted by spacerace

@NayokoChan
the ISO appears to be too high in a lot of these shots, resulting in noticeable graininess.   

the Aperture also appears to be too closed at f/5.0, but with a zoom lens there's nothing much you can do.  

maybe invest in a better zoom & i would like to have seen some of these photos shot with a wide angle.

also, are you consciously exporting your shots from photoshop in 10/12 quality instead of 12/12? it makes sense if you're trying to save space on Flickr, but if you're not, than your not exporting your best quality images. 

other than that, great composition in all of your shots!
Thanks for the feedback!! I shot at ISO 2000 because my shutter speed was at 1/500. I'm using a Canon 28-105mm (f/3.5-4.5) so, instead of keeping it wide open and having the aperture change with the focal length, I just decided to keep it at f/5. As a broke college student, I currently can't afford the lens that I want (Canon 70-200mm f/2.
glasses.gif
, so I just make do with what I have. As I was editing these, I did notice that basically all of the photos were vertical. That's my mistake with getting too caught up in that mindset, so I'll definitely make the conscious effort to get more wide shots. Usually, when I shoot basketball, I have a good mix of vertical and horizontal shots. So, it being the first game that I've done in months, I guess I got too comfortable with vertical shots. Also, I shoot for my school's newspaper and I save them as 10/12 because it makes it easier to send via email. When I save photos as 12/12, I can barely fit three or four images per email. 

^ from one broke college student to another, i know exactly how you feel. but it's good to see that you're being both proactive and productive with what you have. 
on a side note, a shot with my new lens:

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

^^^What kind of camera? Most DSLRs just don't have automatic settings for the lens. If you move, you will also have to focus manually, which is way harder then it sounds. The frames per second more so has to do with the jello effect then blurriness. For the best smoothest rate, shoot 720 at 60 frames per second. On a big screen LCD, it might not look the best but for web, it will.

Canon T2i..I usually put it on manual focus. When I keep the camera still it seems like the picture it clear, it's just when I'm moving around is when it seems like its really hard to tell whats going? Kinda hard to explain. Is 720 60 frames what usually people shoot at for regular footage? I just checked and I've been shooting at 30. 

Originally Posted by AirPhilippines

Those shots of SF city hall 
pimp.gif
 GO NINERS!!!
new-amerykah-21.jpg

Pretty cool that SF left it up. I think the ones in LA are painted over. 

I was going to make a trip up to the Hollywood sign this weekend to shoot but some severed body parts will probably cancel that.

You are so lucky, I love this artist. I have yet to see one in person I can't believe it.

Originally Posted by SkyyPilot

Originally Posted by Mr Fongstarr

Canon T2i..I usually put it on manual focus. When I keep the camera still it seems like the picture it clear, it's just when I'm moving around is when it seems like its really hard to tell whats going? Kinda hard to explain. Is 720 60 frames what usually people shoot at for regular footage? I just checked and I've been shooting at 30. 

My buddy shoots DSLR videos for a living and I think most of his stuff is shot at 720, 60 frames per second.

And this video was mostly shot with DSLRs and they are moving all the time. This was done for Converse skate and I am sure they only intended on using it for web purposes and was shot at 720. Still very smooth though.

Back
Top Bottom