The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Beautiful pics! Would like to learn photography as a hobby! I am looking into getting a SLR camera soon, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by EL REY JR

Beautiful pics! Would like to learn photography as a hobby! I am looking into getting a SLR camera soon, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Depends on your budget, how much you want to spend & what you normally like to shoot.

A couple from my camping trip last weekend. I love Hawaii 
grin.gif

Im about ready to pic something up for my T2i. All I got was the kit so now Im wondering if I should do get a 430ex II or another lens. What do you guys suggest? If lens, which one. I was thinking maybe some type of zoom all purpose type lens.

Rolo - those traffic light trails on the previous page are too dope!
the bare trees were really conducive to the sketched look i was aiming for

^ I wanna know too... Great shot.

Actually, great pics all-around guys... as usual.

Originally Posted by airjzz

great pix guys...just personally copped a Sigma 17-50 
pimp.gif
2.8?

^ 2.8
pimp.gif

Haven't had a lot of time to really play with it yet though, off the bat I love the build but not necessarily as quiet as Canon's USM.

Got a chance to walk around and test out my Sigma 17-50 /f 2.8.
First impression was the build was great. I've never used a Canon L lens before but the build did not disappoint me. It has a much more solid/heavy duty feel than my Canon 85mm 1.8. I saw reports of the lens hood on this piece of glass being unstable, or constantly falling off, yet it is not a problem w/ mine, the hood stays on just fine and feels stable. If I must nitpick, it is a a little harder to put the lens cap back on w/ the hood in place. I dunno if there is a certain technique I haven't learned yet to put it on, but if splitting hairs, that's my biggest gripe. 

Overall (in bright daylight) the lens performed admirably. The focus was incredibly fast and quiet. I will mention I think my Canon 85mm with USM is a tad quieter but I'll test further before I come to that conclusion. 

Anywho here are a few pix from my walk around the National Harbor. I played a lot w/ the tones for these as It was around noon while I was out there so I wasn't happy w/ the overall WB during the day. Next time I'll try it low light to see how it performs

NH2 by RJH Photo, on Flickr+

NH7 by RJH Photo, on Flickr

NH6 by RJH Photo, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom