The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

excellent shots fellas. some fisheye love, 5dii/sigma 15mm f2.8:

6924873661_debc87a2c8_b.jpg

6841417865_8065d44e73_b.jpg

I almost can't see the difference from the Mark 2 to the Mark 3. Better auto focus and faster burst but anything else that is major?

Once I'm done with my program. 
pimp.gif

I'll have to stick to my trusty T1i for now. 
nerd.gif

-Drew

I'm really fighting the urge to preorder a 5dm3.
I have been holding off on a 5dm2 purchase for 6 months hoping something new would be released
Now it's here, but that price tag.....ooohhhhweeeeee
anyone preorder?
-sf77

I'm looking into purchasing a new lens for my 500D.
How's everyone's experience with the Tokina 11-16mm or the Tokina 10-17mm?

I'm leaning towards getting the 10-17mm but it seems like everyone is praising the 11-16mm on this thread.

-Drew

Originally Posted by robxdrew

I'm looking into purchasing a new lens for my 500D.
How's everyone's experience with the Tokina 11-16mm or the Tokina 10-17mm?

I'm leaning towards getting the 10-17mm but it seems like everyone is praising the 11-16mm on this thread.

-Drew

I honestly don't have any experience with the 10-17. But I do own the 11-16 and it's an awesome lens. The lens is around $600-$700 and it's definitely worth it. The aperture is fast for an ultra wide zoom, 2.8, and it's built is very good...not flimsy at all. On a crop sensor, the 11-16's distortion isn't bad, and I'm not sure but I believe that the 10-17 is more of a fisheye lens. My suggestion is to go to a camera store and ask to play with both, or if you can, rent the lenses and see how you like them before you commit cash on them.

I've always wanted to know how many pocketwizards I would need if I just want to do basic off-camera flash shots. Do I need one for my camera, and one per flash, or will one on my camera trigger the Speedlite alone?

I dunno about you guys, but I see people reselling their 5dmk ii's like hotcakes on CL recently....if it ever drops to the 1500ish range I may have to cop..

Back
Top Bottom