The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

is the d3100 a good beginner camera?
im just looking to take mostly shots of nature and the outdoors and once i get some more experience wanna do some time lapse stuff and occasionally record video

tumblr_m1zopw5RKT1qd1fclo1_500.jpg

grabbed a new flash today off POTN.

Has anyone ever dealt with fumfie.com? Looking into picking up a 7D and their prices are crackhead low compared to B&H and adorama. Other than the good score on resellerratings I can't find anything else out.

Edit: Nvm...I was able to find some more reviews and even though they're split, I'm already spending a lot of money so I might as well spend a little more for peace of mind.

First off let me say the photography in this thread is amazing!
Secondly, just curious if anyone has any hands on experience with the Samsung MV800? I know its not the greatest P&S camera out, but I want something portable, take pretty decent photos/videos, and something that makes taking group shots with the homies less of a hassle.

Originally Posted by RetroTwos

First off let me say the photography in this thread is amazing!
Secondly, just curious if anyone has any hands on experience with the Samsung MV800? I know its not the greatest P&S camera out, but I want something portable, take pretty decent photos/videos, and something that makes taking group shots with the homies less of a hassle.

Honestly I have never heard anything great from Samsung. I would only get TVs from them and would never get a camera. Rule of thumb when getting a P&S shoot in the $200-300 category is to get a Canon. With that being said, it really depends on the user what they want. If you don't need much, then a camera like that might be good for you. Just don't expect DSLR quality if that is what you are looking for.

Hre's a pretty in depth review: http://www.photographyblo...ws/samsung_mv800_review/

Seems the image quality is only so so and low light shots are horrible. The extra little bells and whistles are a plus I guess.

Saw this. Really happy with Nikon's video capabilities and how they are on par now. The ISO...well that is another story. With these entry level full frame cameras (if that is what you can call them), Canon just kills with ISO. Also a little biased review at the end.

I am doing a project for school (its about photography) and I was just wondering if you photographers can help me out on the following:

how long is the average warranty for a DSLR and/or normal camera ? Or what would you like it to be ?

average price one is willing to pay for a 4 out of 5 star DSLR ?

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

I am doing a project for school (its about photography) and I was just wondering if you photographers can help me out on the following:

how long is the average warranty for a DSLR and/or normal camera ? Or what would you like it to be ?

"how long is the average warranty for a DSLR and/or normal camera ? Or what would you like it to be ?"
It should be a Lifetime Warranty, really. I honestly have no idea how long it's for. Mine are insured, regardless. Both Canon and Nikon are pretty good about honoring their product.

"average price one is willing to pay for a 4 out of 5 star DSLR ?"

Not a great question. My D40X I would rate a 5/5, but I wouldn't pay more than $300 for one. My 1Ds Mark II I would say is a 5/5 as well, but it's a $2k camera body.

Assuming it's a 4/5 star entry level DSLR, I wouldn't buy a 4/5 star DSLR. Too many options within the same price point to pick a 4/5 when Nikon and Canon consistently come out with 5/5 DSLRs. 

Is this for a business class?

Originally Posted by R31J23

nikefiend good stuff, I especially like the pattern images

Thank you. They're both from the Prague underground train stations, it surprised me how modern they were.

Originally Posted by NikeAirsNCrispyTees

Originally Posted by XkrispyELI

"how long is the average warranty for a DSLR and/or normal camera ? Or what would you like it to be ?"
It should be a Lifetime Warranty, really. I honestly have no idea how long it's for. Mine are insured, regardless. Both Canon and Nikon are pretty good about honoring their product.

"average price one is willing to pay for a 4 out of 5 star DSLR ?"

Not a great question. My D40X I would rate a 5/5, but I wouldn't pay more than $300 for one. My 1Ds Mark II I would say is a 5/5 as well, but it's a $2k camera body.

Assuming it's a 4/5 star entry level DSLR, I wouldn't buy a 4/5 star DSLR. Too many options within the same price point to pick a 4/5 when Nikon and Canon consistently come out with 5/5 DSLRs. 

Is this for a business class?
Yes it is. And thanks for answering.
Lets say i have a 4 start DSLR and sell it for 700$ would anyone buy it for the project?

Love looking at this post on a daily basis, could use some photos of myself with good background (NYC) for my mixtape cover.

Back
Top Bottom