The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I can't seem the log in my "Dunks r nice" account ever since they changed the site in general. Oh well, I'll try another time... 
tired.gif

Recent randoms.

A lot more on my blog;

www.dunksrnice.net
outta curiosity can u tell me what kinda equipment ur workiing with? and with what program do u edit ur photos with?

odog24 - D700 and most photos were done with a Tamron 17-35mm F/2.8-4.0. I use Lightroom & Photoshop.
adobo - You're not the only one. I Pmed Method and he said there just verifying accounts. Will take a bit but I can wait. 

One from yesterday;

Thoughts between the 10.5mm and Tokina 10-17mm fisheye lens for a Nikon D90?
I had the 10.5 Fisheye and its a fun lens. More for blogging/video purpose rather than being serious. Never tried the Tokina 10-17mm, but I have heard good things about it. For me personally, I prefer Tokina's 11-16mm. 

I had the 10.5 Fisheye and its a fun lens. More for blogging/video purpose rather than being serious. Never tried the Tokina 10-17mm, but I have heard good things about it. For me personally, I prefer Tokina's 11-16mm. 
Good look Rolo. I'd be getting the fisheye strictly for blogging, just so I can get back to posting. Hopefully give me motivation to do some real shooting. The 11-16mm is definitely a lens I plan on getting later on in the future. Played with someone's on their D700 and it was amazing. 
pimp.gif

Others brought to my attention to look at the T3i (maybe even 60D) as opposed to a D90 (D7000 a little out of my range at the moment) since I said before I wanted a 5DMKII. Going to play around with a T3i in store, just wanted to see what everyone else's thoughts were between those 2 choices. Any insight is appreciated as always.

Last edited:
You guys see this from Canon?

I really like the size of it. Size of a decent size point and shoot with the pancake lens. Looks way better then the Nikon one.

Question : Can someone from NT (preferably someone in the industry or went to a photog intesive school) create a thread where they would openly do C&C ? This thread is cool to share photos but a C&C between a panel of Legit judges would definitely be beneficial to all.

Maybe we could get a vote/poll going on which NT personalities we'd like to get critiques from.

Let me know what y'all think about this idea.

Last edited:
not really sure about the canon mirrorless. should have had a viewfinder.

will need to compare it with the sony, nikon isn't really that great.

still prefer my x100 but its very different.

Nice pictures y'all 8)

Did a baptism/reception gig:

and soon i'll be doing their wedding:

I finally upgraded from a canon 60d to a canon 5d mk ii. Progress!

P.S. What do you guys think of my idea in my previous post?

Last edited:
not really sure about the canon mirrorless. should have had a viewfinder.
will need to compare it with the sony, nikon isn't really that great.
still prefer my x100 but its very different.

Is the Fuji viewfinder even accurate on the pics? I had a Canon G9 and the viewfinder was pointless. It was way more accurate to just use the live view mode but it would look pretty dumb slapping on a EFS lens onto that Canon mirrorless camera, only to look at the screen to shoot.

Went from 40D with a 17-55 (sold it, didn't use it much) to a Panasonic GF-2 with 20mm 1.7...But I'm now looking to switch back to dslr...

Nothing too fancy, which body would you guys recommend? I'll probably get a 17-40L as my glass.

odog24 - D700 and most photos were done with a Tamron 17-35mm F/2.8-4.0. I use Lightroom & Photoshop.
adobo - You're not the only one. I Pmed Method and he said there just verifying accounts. Will take a bit but I can wait. 

One from yesterday;

Yo Rolo. Do you crop the width of all your photos? And if so, do you have to shoot with that in mind? I would think shooting knowing you will crop it later makes it so you can't shoot your subjects to fit the whole frame of your photo. Like how with Instagram, you have to shoot somewhat farther away since you are going to crop it into a square.

Is the Fuji viewfinder even accurate on the pics? I had a Canon G9 and the viewfinder was pointless. It was way more accurate to just use the live view mode but it would look pretty dumb slapping on a EFS lens onto that Canon mirrorless camera, only to look at the screen to shoot.

The viewfinder is probably the best thing about the camera. You get used to it. And it has a switch between OVF and EVF. I always send people this review when they ask about the camera.

. That hybrid optical/electronic viewfinder is the coolest thing ever. Of all the nerdy tech stuff about the camera that is by far my favorite part of the camera. I switch back and forth between the two regularly. The optical viewfinder is fantastic. It makes the optical viewfinder on the Canon G series cameras look like a child’s toy.

If you approach this camera like you approach a DSLR you will be sorely disappointed. It isn’t a DSLR and it shouldn’t be compared to one. It also isn’t a Leica M9 like a VW Beetle isn’t a Porsche 911. An M9 with a nice 35mm f2 will set you back nearly $10,000. Are you effing kidding me? Comparing it to the Leica x1 would be closer but that camera is $800 more and doesn’t have the brilliantly designed optical viewfinder the x100 has. I’ve had both in my hands and there’s no way I’d pick the Leica x1 over the Fuji X100. No way. Ever.

The OVF is beyond full and I love that about it. You see outside of the frame. It’s esp helpful in street photography as you can point the camera somewhat away from your intended subject as though you are shooting something else yet observe the subject and re-frame quickly to get the shot without taking your eye from the viewfinder.

http://zackarias.com/for-photographers/gear-gadgets/fuji-x100-review/

Went from 40D with a 17-55 (sold it, didn't use it much) to a Panasonic GF-2 with 20mm 1.7...But I'm now looking to switch back to dslr...
Nothing too fancy, which body would you guys recommend? I'll probably get a 17-40L as my glass.
Anyone? :nerd::nerd:

You in a big rush? Nikon and Canon are supposed to anounce cheap full frames by the end of the year (http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/another-spec-list-for-the-entry-level-full-frame-eos/). Body will be less then 2k which sounds great. Would go great with your L-lens that you want. Even if you want to get a crop, there is supposed to be a 7D replacement soon, which means the 7D will drop in price. Might as well just wait if you can, if not....I would get a 7D if you can't get a Mark 2. Some factory refurbs for only $1199:

http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canon-eos-7d-factury-refurbs-at-bh-1199/

Back
Top Bottom