The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Thinking about picking this up as a hobby. What camera do you guys recommend for beginners?

cross-1.jpg

A rare black and white that I shot over the weekend.

Bros, I finally saved enough change to upgrade my glass. (Been shooting with the kit lens for way too long)

I'm looking for something to shoot around with at all times. Walk around lens. I usually do a lot of automotive shooting, but I want to get into more street / journalism style / portrait shooting for a change.

I'm thinking about getting the 24L II, which is at the very top of my price range. I also REALLY like the 135L but that wouldn't be ideal as a walk-around (I'd still have my 18-55 though)

orrrrrrr

Should I just get the 50 1.4? The thing is I'm shooting on a T2i still (crop-sensor). I feel like the 24L would be great as a walk-around, the 135L would be insane for street photography, and the 50 1.4 would just be in between.

Should I ball? :lol: :nerd:

If you get the 50mm 1.4, make sure to get an additional warranty. That mini usm is VERY prone to breaking. And if it messes up after manufacture warranty ends, you will be upset at trying to get that fixed.

Honestly if it were my money, i would say invest in the 28mm 1.8 and get yourself a nice zoom like the 70-200mm f/4. Since you have the money for the 24mm it seems, you could branch out and get more for your buck.

Where are the pictures people?

I don't have time, but still making time to update it! 

Give yourself a reason to shoot, keep up!

<

Last edited:
This is photo related but on Instagram. Saw this dude that shoots in SF from some girl I follow and it's funny how there are so many people that shoot the same stuff in SF and even do it better. This guy makes my stuff look like crap. Also I need to get this steel wool thing out of my system cause I know it is a total cliche thing to do but I still think it looks cool.

http://instagram.com/sfstateofmind24

2f30610a22f111e3867a22000a9f1266_7.jpg

8ecd3a1c0b9411e3905922000ae9081c_7.jpg

d3456586037c11e3947622000a9e138b_7.jpg

9de7648effcb11e292b622000a1fb73b_7.jpg

09c7478cfe4b11e2b95c22000a1fb82f_7.jpg

5b814a94ee8f11e28a2722000a9f1925_7.jpg

afff30e2f27a11e2980b22000ae911a9_7.jpg

9fee2ba8edb711e2805c22000a9e0290_7.jpg

Fong - Thats my homie Henry, He has great stuff. Lately I've seen your stuff and its good man, keep it up.

--

Finally got time to work and post this wedding I photographed in Lake Tahoe. I got a lot more weddings to work on since wedding season is slowly done. Enjoy!

A lot more on my blog.

http://www.dunksrnice.net/2013/10/karah-leng-lake-tahoe-nv-wedding.html

Last edited:
Random, but I REALLY need to invest in a tripod...

Just picked up a Dolica CF tripod from Costco a couple weeks back for less than $100. Not a manfrotto or anything but it works great and is well regarded on POTN.

Last edited:
Nothing major
eyes.gif

Brooklyn Bridge by imhigh2often, on Flickr
I like it ....

Usually I take the pictures next to the BK bridge but I have to do panos, next time I'll use your spot. Is it next to the Manhattan Bridge?

The only thing I don't like is the construction they are doing on the bridge .... the unflattering white covers are distracting and unappealing  - nothing of your own doing, the picture is great!

I like it ....

Usually I take the pictures next to the BK bridge but I have to do panos, next time I'll use your spot. Is it next to the Manhattan Bridge?

The only thing I don't like is the construction they are doing on the bridge .... the unflattering white covers are distracting and unappealing  - nothing of your own doing, the picture is great!

Thanks man, what camera do you use? Your pics always looking clean.
I mainly shoot the bk bridge at night to get the city lights but felt like the shots were too close, if you go behind the merry-go-round there's a dirt path that will take you under the Manhattan bridge that i never seen before. I used my crappy zoom lens wide open at 18mm and was able to fit the bridge and Manhattan in the same frame. I need to do more shooting...

im having trouble upload pics to flickr and photobucket..i edited them in photoshop...do they need to be resized or saved differently?

Thanks man, what camera do you use? Your pics always looking clean.
I mainly shoot the bk bridge at night to get the city lights but felt like the shots were too close, if you go behind the merry-go-round there's a dirt path that will take you under the Manhattan bridge that i never seen before. I used my crappy zoom lens wide open at 18mm and was able to fit the bridge and Manhattan in the same frame. I need to do more shooting...
I use a 5D2 - thanks!

Yeah, if I go, it will be sometime during the night or on a beautiful cloudy day ....

Don't knock the lens, you did good here IMHO!

Back
Top Bottom